• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Footwear for the Parks in the Rain?

disneypryncess

DIS Veteran
Anyone have suggestions for the best sandals/sneakers/shoes/flip flops in the rain?
We are going in May & I'm sure there will be a few sun showers!
Thanks!!!

I've gotta say that Crocs are the way to go. I know they might not be the nicest thing to look at, but they're comfortable and can be wiped off if it rains. Socks and sneakers will get soaked and you'll be sloshing around in them the rest of the day and maybe even the next day. Give it a shot

I've heard of people getting blisters in Crocs when they get wet. I would recommend Tevas. We wore them in Jamaica to climb Dunn's River Falls and subsequent to that, we just hose them off if they get dirty. They are fine to get wet.

We were there in September (and it rained every day) and I wore the Teva Mush flip flops and they were awesome. They dried out very quickly during the few times it didn't rain lol :)

Another vote for Tevas! They dry quickly since the straps are the only material part on them and they're contoured to give great support for long hours.

I'm going to look at the Tevas-I've heard nothing but good things! I tried my Crocs last September (and I do love them) but I felt like my feet were sliding around when they got really wet!

Keen river shoes or Teva sandals. I spend most of the summer on the river and like both these brands. If they can hold up in the river they can take on Disney.

I have heard of people slipping on wet pavement in the Crocs. I do like them for very dry days.

Teva or Reef flip flops. We've gone the past to Augusts (was there for Tropical Storm Faye in 08, talk about a rainy trip!) and I wore the Tevas the first trip and Reef flip flops the last trip. I have to say they do dry out better than Crocs.

Keens are the best!!! Not only when it rains, but all the time. They let your feet breathe and because they have a strap on the hell which is better than flip flops. They have good support for all day wear.... I wore them one trip and walked in them for over 17K steps (I had a padometer on... I am not rainman!!:lmao:) But, the best thing about Keens is that you can put them in the washing machine! They are the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter