• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best food court at a deluxe?

Best I can say is all the CS options at Deluxe resorts are not good at best.
the only thing we get is maybe breakfast on occasion and childrens meals we will wait to take the bus to DTD :lmao:.
I have not been to a moderate in a while but from what I recall they always had the best of both with a nice CS and a good TS.
If your goal is to keep a stomach satisfied at a CS look at Moderates.
I recall POR Riverside having a nice CS and Pepper market was great at CSR.

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Grand Floridian
Wilderness Lodge

All 3 of them are very good and offer a large variety of food

I've stayed at all the Deluxes and like Mara at AKL best :thumbsup2
They're all fine but Mara is my favorite.
I've only stayed at WL, the Poly, and AKL. I agree with you on the Mara. The grilled tomatoes at breakfast are to die for. I could eat a huge bowl of just those.

I prefer Capt Cook's or Roaring Forks too, but I have to give Capt Cook's the edge, simply because you can also get that fantastic Kona coffee at the Polynesian (not in Capt Cook's, but close enough).

That coffee is to die for, IMO.

Roaring Forks used to have the best Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches. I'm not sure if they still have them or not, but they were better than you'd expect to find.

Our favourite by far was AKL, the food was GORGEOUS, followed by WL. The qs at GF was lovely too but is
quite hidden
away from the main building and took us ages to find! Calm and peaceful in there though when we visited.

I got put off Captain Cooks by the grumpy staff. We got "snapped at" 3 times in one short visit, and we are actually a very well behaved family!!! lol!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Gasparilla's at GF---delicious breakfasts and lobster salad at lunchtime.

Mara at AKL.

Not a fan of Roaring Forks and Captain Cook's was closed during our last Poly stay.

Gasparillas at the GF is amazing if you are looking for sandwich/wraps type of food but if you prefer burgers or salads then I would say Contempo Cafe. Contempo also do some great cupcakes as a dessert for a cs credit.

Never tried the one at WL or Poly but found the Mara at AKL very basic except for the flatbreads and the fact you can have 5 zebra domes as your pudding for one cs credit.

Don't touch the BC - probably the worst cs at WDW. If you are over that direction go to the Boardwalk bakery for a sandwich and cake and then stroll around the beach club :)

I've only stayed at WL, the Poly, and AKL. I agree with you on the Mara. The grilled tomatoes at breakfast are to die for. I could eat a huge bowl of just those.

Yummy! Will look for those tomatoes next week :flower3:

I agree I like Captain Cook's, and I also like the Contempo Cafe at the CR. :) I absolutely can't stand the BC Marketplace, I avoid that place like the plague. :lmao:

I'm partial to Captain Cooks; Dole Whip Machine, Tiki Toffee, special cupcakes, pork nachos, Aloha pork. So many good options.

:thumbsup2
For those of you that don't know they make holiday/seasonal inspired cupcakes:love:

The Thanksgiving one with a turkey on top was too cute and tasted even better.

2nd choice is WL Roarin Forks

Mara!! Every evening they have great dinner specials that change daily, usually something from Boma. Every bit as good as many TS meals!!:thumbsup2

The BC has the WORST quick service!!!!!!!!!! No selection and what do have stinks. The Poly and Contemporary have very good quick service. I don't know about any of the other deluxe quick service. I have heard that WL quick service has a GREAT breakfast.

IMHO, nothing beats Captain Cooks and the "mile high" self-serve Dole Whip.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter