Best flip flops for WDW?

The first time I went to disney I wore my berks. I LOVE my berks, but not for all the walking. I had really horrable blisters. I was limping, I was complaining. Lucky for me I had brought my pair of reefs. I'd got them because there was a bottle opener on the bottom (lol) and oh- WOW they were so comfy. I've worn them all summer and then went and got two other pairs. I vote reefs! they make my feet happy-anyway

I just got the most comfy pair of flippers!! I am wearing a pair of Teva Elixer flip flops. They have great arch support, very "spongy" feeling and are just really comfy. We're leaving NEXT week and I can't wait to wear them. I'm going to get my dh a pair. They feel ready to go to me, not much break in time needed.

Good luck with your search!! I've bought several pairs of shoes to find the "perfect" Disney shoe for me, and I think the Teva Elixer is it!! :cool1:

TheLittleRoo said:
I'm a dork - - bought Keen Venice and Teva Pretty Rugged, and don't like either of them. I wore the Keens on a trip to Manhattan last weekend and all I can say is: Thank God I brought moleskin! Blisters on both heels.

I have tried Crocs Athens and that toe peice is too t-h-i-c-k for my taste. I don't want to feel the hot pavement through my flip flips. What have you guys tried that is comfortable and doesn't kill your front shinbone muscles by the end of the day?

I was thinking of Teva Mush. Has anyone tried them? Any other brands? And since it's so late into summer, please can you tell me where you got your favorite pair so I can try to find them? I leave 9/16 so it's really too late for online mail orders, I need brick and mortar!

Thanks so much!
Hi
My DD wore Teva Mush the whole time in August and she didn't have one blister. She said her feet felt great. We were on the go from morning until night. It was a lot of walking. I wore the Croc Scutes, (they're a slide) and my feet felt great. No blisters. Good luck on your search!!

Here's a new one, JCrew flip flops. They have many different kinds, I have the critters in about 5 different styles and wear them all summer. I wore them to Disney on our last trip and was very comfortable. They have a thick black sole so they are very cushy. They are also very inexpensive and may be on sale this time of the year, when I order onlie it only takes a couple of days or if you have a store nearby even better.

I LOVE my Teva Mush. They are super squishy and comfortable and after you wear them for awhile they form to your feet. I just got a new pair for my Disney trip at Famous Footwear on clearance for $20. Try 'em--you'll love 'em! :thumbsup2

I love my Teva Mush! They are the old flip flops I can wear that don't make my feet feel tired after walking all day. I have worn them all summer everywhere and I love them! I'm gonna to buy a few more pairs for next summer b/c mine are starting to wear out.

ZoZo said:
I love my Nike flip flops! I got them last year and wear them constantly (especially around the house, as an alternative to slippers). They cost around $20, and they are so comfortable. I think the tops are made out of neoprene (spelling?) - the stuff they use for scuba wear. I love them so much, I bought two extra pairs!

I agree totally! They are called Nike Celso. I can't live without them!! I bought them over the summer at Kohls and they were only 12.00. I have been searching for a another pair for my upcoming trip and let me tell you they are very hard to find right know. I finally found a pair online and I paid with shipping 26.00. (Totally worth every penny)

Thanks guys! I ended up getting the Teva Mush, and LOVE THEM! We leave in 2 days - - I'm so excited! I got a pair of the new Mary Jane style Crocs so I can mix things up if I get sore feet.

DH is jealous of my Teva Mush's - - "why didn't you get ME a pair?" Oops.

Oh, and I was able to return my Keen Venice sandals - - just had to pay the cost of return shipping. That's great b/c those were some UNcomfortable comfort shoes....

nicdanh said:
I agree totally! They are called Nike Celso. I can't live without them!! I bought them over the summer at Kohls and they were only 12.00. I have been searching for a another pair for my upcoming trip and let me tell you they are very hard to find right know. I finally found a pair online and I paid with shipping 26.00. (Totally worth every penny)
This may be the cutest pic ever...reminds me of when I took then 5 yr old DS
for a surprise 1st visit to DL 20 years ago! :cloud9:
Anyway, I know lots of people like their crocs, berks, etc. I quite frankly have a few super cute pairs of Kohl's flip flops, about $10 or less a pair, comfy, lightweight, stylish, no blisters. I'm still wearing the same ones I bought for our May 05 trip!!! Maybe I should check out their summer clearance aisles....... :scratchin

NIKE CELSO!!! They're the best!
I know the OP has already decided but I just had to agree with the replies about Nike Celso. I also bought mine at Kohl's (I'm a woman but actually bought a small men's size because I liked the colors better).

I NEVER wore flip flops in my life because I hated how they felt between my toes. I tried Teva mush, reefs - all the suggested styles I found on these boards. The Nikes are the best by far - you don't feel the fabric between your toes at all. And they sort of mold to your feet for the most comfortable fit. I have only worn sneakers at WDW but I wore these for our past trip (9 days - busy, tons of walking days) - in July and not one blister.

I lucked out and found two more pairs in my size at Famous Footwear for next summer. I hate to see the cooler weather get here - I lived in these all summer an will miss them terribly! I'm a believer!!!

ZoZo said:
I love my Nike flip flops! I got them last year and wear them constantly (especially around the house, as an alternative to slippers). They cost around $20, and they are so comfortable. I think the tops are made out of neoprene (spelling?) - the stuff they use for scuba wear. I love them so much, I bought two extra pairs!

I also have two pairs of these! They're like walking on a cloud. I compared them to Crocs and other sandals/flip flops and nothing compares. The soles are soft yet supportive, and the thong part is wide and very moveable with your foot. There is no rubbing whatsoever. They run around $20, but I got mine at the Finish Line on sale...one pair was $14.99 and the other was $7.49(they had BOGO 1/2 off). I wouldn't think of paying the ungodly amount of money for other sandals. I've yet to try on anything that beats them, I wear them everyday. I hate for cold weather to come because I don't want to stop wearing them!

nicdanh said:

Nike Celso! That's the name! These things rock...Last week Finish Line had a couple colors left and on sale for around $10 or $15 I think. I should have gotten another pair, but didn't. Oh well.

i have to agree with everyone else who said reefs. i love mine. i bought them at the shore probably 7 or 8 years ago and i still have them and they look good! i never get blisters in them (you know, the i-haven't-worn-sandals-in-6-months-or-more blisters).

I love my Reef sandals. I have several different pairs. I recommend getting the black ones with the woven straps. If you get the leather ones, your feet will become tired before the end of the day. Reefs are very light weight and when they get wet they dry within a few minutes. Reef sandals do conform to your feet after wearing them for several days.

:teacher:

For those of you who may not like the feel of the thong between your toe, I recommend Teva Kena. It has straps that go across the foot instead and has the same footbed as the Mush flip flop. I wore them all week at WDW and they were great!

I got my Speedo flipflops at Kohls's for $14.95. I've had them for years and
love them. They're like athletic shoes on the bottom so they're great for
walking. Go get 'em! :thumbsup2

I wore Old Navy flip flops for one day to one of the parks... at the end of the day I could barely walk. :guilty: for the rest of that trip i had to wear my super attractive pumas lmao.

Cee said:
I got my Speedo flipflops at Kohls's for $14.95. I've had them for years and
love them. They're like athletic shoes on the bottom so they're great for
walking. Go get 'em! :thumbsup2

I have those Speedo's too and they're awesome...they're probably what I'll ending up wearing most of time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter