• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best first ride in DL?

Disneyland Railroad - one full circle to get the lay of the land. After that maybe PoC, the last ride Walt worked on, then fast forward 40 years to Indiana Jones.

Disneyland Railroad - one full circle to get the lay of the land. After that maybe PoC, the last ride Walt worked on, then fast forward 40 years to Indiana Jones.

Oooh I have to admit this is pretty good actually.

This makes me ponder if anyone has ever done a trip to DLR and done the rides in the order they were built. That would be cool.

Oooh I have to admit this is pretty good actually.

This makes me ponder if anyone has ever done a trip to DLR and done the rides in the order they were built. That would be cool.

That would seriously be pretty cool. I think I will save that idea for when I am ever in the parks with someone who's totally into Disney nostalgia. :thumbsup2

I think my plan will go something like this:
(now, I never plan my day at DLR, usually I just go with the flow. But I also have never had to play host to a DLR newbie ;))

Grab a ST FP (a great intro to FP strategy :thumbsup2)
Ride Matterhorn (fun, and a classic)
Do a few FL rides (Peter Pan for sure) to build the nostalgia
Go grab Space FP
Maybe ride Buzz?
Next will be to either do Adventureland-NOS-Critter Country-Frontierland or the reverse. Hitting all the major rides along the way.
Later on, go back to Tomorrowland to use our FPs.
ToonTown will probably be saved for after we hit all the major stuff first, as a filler for any extra time.
If we have time after all this, head over to DCA. But I am definitely thinking to start day 2 in DCA.
I wanna make sure we get to do the more-fun-at-night rides too, like BTMR, Jungle Cruise, even Matterhorn, and for some reason I love SM at night (even though you're inside).
Can't wait!

We always ride the train first and ride all the way around the parks to get an idea of crowd levels, etc...

Jungle Cruise is an awesome idea! I'd say that or Mr. Toad (so you can walk through the castle on your way there!)

Hi everyone! I need some of your opinions...
I'm taking a coworker who has become a really good friend over the years to DLR next month. He's in his early 30s and has never been! I wanted to know what you guys think is the best introduction to Disneyland ride? I don't wanna do the most exciting stuff first but I also don't wanna bore him right away either. It's gonna be during halloweentime and pirates will be closed. :( California screaming will also be closed too, but we wanna start the trip off in DL anyways.
Thanks!

If you'll be there early then Peter Pan. Walking down Main St right through the castle is pretty cool. Then you won't have to wait in a long line later. The Matterhorn is also another classic. Bummer that POTC will be down.

Disneyland is an exciting place, even without ANY rides! :) I think if I took someone there for the first time, I'd let their own curiosity lead the way. Are they drawn to the castle? Are the seduced by the rockets of Tomorrowland? Does the mystery behind the trees to the left of Main Street becon? I think the best was to enjoy Disneyland is to let its magic guide you. Since this is his first trip, maybe you should just let go of the idea to plan it out and allow nature to follow its course??

I am taking my boyfriend next summer for his first trip, and I have actually been planning to do the Railroad around the park as the very first thing! As was mentioned, to get the lay of the land! I want him to see a whole bunch of the park first and get the general scope of it's size and what it looks like, before we go around on foot! After that I think I may take him on Pirates first. :)

I haven't been to DL in years, but my two faves are HM and POTC. Hoping to make a family trip soon.

Take a ride on Walt's old fire truck! I dunno why but I was supprised at how happy I was to ride down Main Street in that thing! LOVED IT!

CLIFF

(try a train ride around park first too)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter