Best filet in Disney

scw2step

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody,
My extended family is going to Disney next year from 8-1 to 8-8. It's great because we will celebrate my son's B day on the 5th then my anniversary the 7th. Im taking my wife out for dinner on the 7th and she loves filet. We did the Deluxe Dining plan two years ago and she loved it(Artist's point,Cali Grill, Brown Derby, Narcooses). She loved the Brown Derby but I'm looking on some advice as where to go for the best filet as that's her favorite. Thanks!

SCott

On the dining plan, our favorite has been at the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Beach Club Resort. In the parks, the filet and mushroom risotto at Le Cellier is our favorite.

Hi everybody,
My extended family is going to Disney next year from 8-1 to 8-8. It's great because we will celebrate my son's B day on the 5th then my anniversary the 7th. Im taking my wife out for dinner on the 7th and she loves filet. We did the Deluxe Dining plan two years ago and she loved it(Artist's point,Cali Grill, Brown Derby, Narcooses). She loved the Brown Derby but I'm looking on some advice as where to go for the best filet as that's her favorite. Thanks!

SCott

We always do Deluxe Dinning eating at all the Signature restaurants. Surprisingly, I think that Brown Derby has one of the best filets. It also depends upon the luck of the draw on which particular piece of meat that you get.

For my family, the best filets have been at Le Cellier (the mushroom risotto side is really good) and Narcoossee's.

LSUfan4444 said:
On the dining plan, our favorite has been at the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Beach Club Resort. In the parks, the filet and mushroom risotto at Le Cellier is our favorite.

Agree :)

Sorry, but LeCellier tastes just like the filet I had last night at Outback. (Well, actually Outback may have been better)

Jiko has a good filet as does Yatchman's.

Best are not on the DDP, Shulas and Ruth Chris (later is a little off site however :) )

And at a good steakhouse it's not suppose to depend on the "luck of the draw"

Sorry, but LeCellier tastes just like the filet I had last night at Outback. (Well, actually Outback may have been better)

I wish all of the Outbacks were like the one near you! The ones I've been to have been good, but their filet and side dishes are no where near as good as the one at Le Cellier.

California Grill, Oak-Fired Filet
CG_FiletofBeef.jpg

Le Cellier, Filet Mignon with Mushroom Risotto
LC_FiletMignon.jpg

Jiko, Oak-Grilled
J_FiletMignon.jpg

I LOVE the mushroom filet at Le Cellier. But I'm by no means a steak expert. I rarely eat red meat at all. But I adore mushrooms and truffles, so the rich flavors in the sauce and risotto completely make the entree super delicious to me! :thumbsup2

All of the Disney restaurants use the same vendors therefore any signature restaurant will net you basically the same filet and aside from that it will all be preparation...which will be quite personal.

For me in this order:

1. Shula's
2. Artist Point
3. California Grill
4. Yachtsmen Steakhouse.
5. Narcoossee's
And the sleeper of the bunch is found at Flying Fish.

I did not omit LeCellier out of error. I don't rank it in my top 5 and may be hard pressed to rank it in my top 10. Very average cut of beef; Risotto had the texture and taste of Minute Rice; and the mushroom sauce did not distinguish itself from a can of Campbells mushroom soup.

All of the Disney restaurants use the same vendors therefore any signature restaurant will net you basically the same filet and aside from that it will all be preparation...which will be quite personal.

My husband works (in another state) for a large food service that delivers WDW. He will assure you that no two filet steaks are exactly the same. That is why in the meat case the butcher lets you choose the steaks you want. It is more than preparation. It has to do with how much fat and gristle is on a particular steak. If you buy a large filet mignon and cut it up yourself, you will see a big difference between the steaks. They are not cloned.

I LOVE the mushroom filet at Le Cellier. But I'm by no means a steak expert. I rarely eat red meat at all. But I adore mushrooms and truffles, so the rich flavors in the sauce and risotto completely make the entree super delicious to me! :thumbsup2

THIS THIS THIS !

And agreeing with PP before that...... Sorry folks have to downgrade Le Cellier but I LOVE my Mushroom filet there.
:thumbsup2

Have a magical visit !

Mary

Until you've tried the add-on Japanese Wagyu Beef at Victoria and Albert's you have not had the best filet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter