Best/Fastest way to get from MCO to Wilderness Lodge

WDWAtLast

I found my Prince - now where are the mice and bir
We are arriving at MCO at 1:50 pm on Thursday, May 28. We have reservations for Storybook Dining at Artist Point at 4:25. We are staying at Pop Century.

I am not sure if we should use a service/Uber/Lyft and go straight to WL? If we did this, would we have time to drop our things at Pop and then continue on to WL? Would taking ME straight to WL work (and will they let us do that?) We are flying SW and I can change our flights to arrive sooner - but that would mean leaving home by 4:30 am - with teenagers 😱 - which is not really how I want to start vacation 😂

You can't take ME to WL
You could take Ride Share to Pop, drop your stuff and then take Ride Share to WL.
That would be the fastest option (and what I'd do) and not require you to trek to WL with all your carry on bags.

I'd also try to move the meal out, just to prevent the rushing. While leaving home at 4:30 is no fun, neither is starting a Disney trip rushing to beat the clock. Plus, delays, etc.
Common advice is never book ADR on arrival day. We do, but always one I can easily move if we find we are running behind. One I wouldn't mind missing if I can't move it to another point in the trip.

I think you’d be cutting it close, regardless of the mode of transportation. I’d recommend you try to get a slightly later dinner reservation if you can - 5:30 or 6 should give you enough time.
Regarding getting from Pop to WL, probably best to catch a bus or the Skyliner over to a park (DHS is closest) and then catch a WL bus from there.

Thank you both for your quick replies! I think we are going to make some adjustments and arrive late the night before. (Thank goodness I booked Southwest - so I can change flights!) Besides not having to stress, rush and maybe miss our Storybook ADR, we will have a full extra day at Disney!!

Its not the way its supposed to work, but I found out the hard way that it works. We missed out our flight but our luggage didn't (long story) so we didn't make it to our resort til the next day, but our luggage was there waiting for us when we did. I went again with my brother and was in a similar situation where we were trying to get to MK quickly for MNSSHP. We signed up for ME for our resort, but then took an Uber to Contemporary. Again our luggage was there waiting for us. They won't tell you that you can do this, and I was still nervous doing it, but it is an option.

Update: I was able to change our flight to the night before and add an extra night to our hotel reservation!! So besides not rushing, we have more time at Disney 😊 Thanks for all of your advice! We haven‘t been to WDW in about 5 years and I am rusty on my trip planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter