BEST ECV/Scooter Rental Company and why?

2PugMom

Earning My Ears
I'm 6' 350 lbs and will need an ECV in July. We're staying OFF SITE and renting a vehicle to transport the ECV to and from the parks on 2 separate days. What's your favorite company to rent from and why? I'm leaning towards Gold Mobility, but want some opinions with supporting information. :-)

Beth

We love Gold Mobility. I chose them for their higher weight limits on their scooters, the scooter model they rent that breaks down into several pieces so it can fit in the trunk of my car, and their reputation. We've used them for on property and off property trips and I wouldn't hesitate to book again!

We also go for Gold Mobility. The scooters are replaced every 6 months, so they don’t look overused, the prices are great, delivery and pickup was on time. A bonus, we were quoted a price (a great one) and they had a special for our dates announced days before our arrival. They gave us the lower price without our even knowing about the special. Pretty impressive. Hope you have a great vacation!

I'm 6' 350 lbs and will need an ECV in July. We're staying OFF SITE and renting a vehicle to transport the ECV to and from the parks on 2 separate days. What's your favorite company to rent from and why? I'm leaning towards Gold Mobility, but want some opinions with supporting information. :-)

Beth

Keep on leaning toward Gold Mobility! And since both companies require you to meet them, be aware of the difference (at least last time I rented from both companies). Walker gave me a span of an hour and I was at OKW-they said they wouldn't meet me at my villa, so I had to go to the main area and wait for them to show up. I've rented several times from Gold Mobility. They've always met me wherever I say I am (like the bench by Bell Services). One time when I was at BCV, they said they'd text me on the way, so that by the time I got downstairs, we both arrived about the same time.

Keep on leaning toward Gold Mobility! And since both companies require you to meet them, be aware of the difference (at least last time I rented from both companies). Walker gave me a span of an hour and I was at OKW-they said they wouldn't meet me at my villa, so I had to go to the main area and wait for them to show up. I've rented several times from Gold Mobility. They've always met me wherever I say I am (like the bench by Bell Services). One time when I was at BCV, they said they'd text me on the way, so that by the time I got downstairs, we both arrived about the same time.
Gold will even come to your room if needed, have had them do so a few time.

Thanks everyone! Sounds like Gold Mobility wins this round! :-)

Does anyone know?....if they drop the ECV off at the bell service desk of my hotel, do they leave directions on how to disassemble it to fit in the car?

Does anyone know?....if they drop the ECV off at the bell service desk of my hotel, do they leave directions on how to disassemble it to fit in the car?
I am sure they would if you asked, but I am also sure that if you are arriving between 7 AM and 7 PM they would meet you and show you in person if your prefer.

The scooter which is easy to dissassemble is rated for adults up to 325 lbs.

Call Gold and ask if your weight is an issue. If so find out what vehicle you can rent that will accommodate the larger Victory 10. At 300 lbs battery life of the smaller go go scooter is reduced by 50%. A full charge might not last all day.

The scooter which is easy to dissassemble is rated for adults up to 325 lbs.

Call Gold and ask if your weight is an issue. If so find out what vehicle you can rent that will accommodate the larger Victory 10. At 300 lbs battery life of the smaller go go scooter is reduced by 50%. A full charge might not last all day.
The victory 10 can also be disassembled, but will require more total space.

Also, on all models they use the heavy duty/extended range batteries, so that will help some.

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the help!....now back to my regularly scheduled panica attack about getting an appropriately sized rental car at MCO....lol....

Is Gold allowed to do that? I thought you had to meet them, or are you staying offsite and I missed that (quite likely, not enough caffeine in me right now)

Is Gold allowed to do that? I thought you had to meet them, or are you staying offsite and I missed that (quite likely, not enough caffeine in me right now)
OP said she's staying offsite.
Gold, and other vendors, can drop off and pick up at Swan Dolphin. Those hotels are technically onsite. Same at Universal hotels.

Here is a other reason I still say Gold is the best, last night, all but one of their trucks had their catalytic converters stolen last night. They have still manage to deliver 16 on time this morning so far by using any vehicle at their disposal.

I only know because they wanted to know how the scooter DH bought was doing and they told us when we checked in.

Here is a other reason I still say Gold is the best, last night, all but one of their trucks had their catalytic converters stolen last night. They have still manage to deliver 16 on time this morning so far by using any vehicle at their disposal.

I only know because they wanted to know how the scooter DH bought was doing and they told us when we checked in.
That’s crazy! Poor Gold.

I wanted to add something else beside all the free add-ons that make us loyal to Gold’s, rentals also come with a free damage waiver. Came in handy for us as somehow the fan got cracked. No worries at all. That’s really a very nice gesture on their part so that we don’t have to constantly worry while we’re trying to enjoy WDW.

That’s crazy! Poor Gold.

I wanted to add something else beside all the free add-ons that make us loyal to Gold’s, rentals also come with a free damage waiver. Came in handy for us as somehow the fan got cracked. No worries at all. That’s really a very nice gesture on their part so that we don’t have to constantly worry while we’re trying to enjoy WDW.
Yeah, definitely don't underestimate the value of that damage waiver and I believe it now includes theft coverage as well. Before Gold was around we had rented from one company, got a slight scratch on an arm rest from a doorway and they wanted $500 for it. With Gold Mobility, a public transit driver took a chunk out of one of the bases when we went to SeaWorld, they didn't even bat an eye at it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter