Best ECV rental in Disney?

NORMA MUNOZ

DIS VETERAN
Hello I'm taking my parents to Disney World and wanted to know where can I rent 2 ECV? I been looking on the internet but there's so many not sure which one to get. Thank you!

I have used Buena Vista several times with excellent service. I like that it is delivered to the resort Bell Services and I can leave it there on check out. One time the scooter quit and we were close enough for my sons to push it to Bell service. Had a replacement next morning. They have an office at BW also. It has served me well, and never ran out of power. I just can't do a trip anymore without one. Good luck! Have a wonderful time!

Where you rent from is strictly a personal preference.

I now own my own ECV, and so haven't rented in several years, but here are some tips:

- Call and talk to any company you are considering renting from. If you can't speak to a human during regular business hours, I would consider that a red flag.

- Get quotes from several vendors. I learned the hard way that any quote that was outrageously low - or outrageously high - was typically not the best vendor situation.

- Be sure to tell the companies you talk to about the people who will be actually using the ECVs: their size, their height, their abilities and any special considerations. The rental company has TONS of experience in providing the correct ECV for every customer - so let them guide you to the best option.

- Know that only vendors on Disney's Featured Providers list can drop off (and pick up) without you being present. Other vendors can - and do - make appointments to meet you with the ECV at the start of the rental, and to pick it up on your last day, so it's no big deal. Just something to be aware of.

- Make sure you completely charge the unit every night in your room, so that you can go all day the next day!

- Always cross tracks that are embedded in the streets (or large expansion joints, etc) at an angle, never directly at a 90 degree angle.

- Practice at the Resort before going out to the Parks and Disney Springs to get the feel of the ECV; how it turns, how it brakes, how fast it can go, and how slowly.

Hope this helps a bit.

Last edited:
Hello I'm taking my parents to Disney World and wanted to know where can I rent 2 ECV? I been looking on the internet but there's so many not sure which one to get. Thank you!

We had a great experience with CARE Medical. Scooter in pristine condition, functioned perfectly, waiting for us at our resort, and all at a reasonable price.

I've rented from Buena Vista the past two trips and I liked the scooter a lot, it never ran out of power, they pick up and deliver it to the bell services if it's a Disney hotel and they consistently get good reviews here (along with other companies). I don't think you can go wrong with them. You can google them to find their website for more info.

My last 2 trips the first times I needed a ECV I rented from scooter bug, they are a preferred provider and I think awesome both to deal with and if you have a problem. The problems I had were in no way a reflection on the company, the first time in the middle of my trip I went to plug it in to charge it and the plug went back into the scooter, not a common problem, I called as soon as they opened in the AM and I had a new scooter delivered to my resort in less than an hour. The second time , bell services screwed up and gave my scooter to the wrong person and again awesome customer service within an hour I had the correct scooter delivered to the resort. I highly recommend them.

they are a preferred provider

Sorry to harp on this, but there are no preferred providers for medical equipment rentals. There are Featured providers which pay a fee to Disney to be able to use Bell Services as the drop off pickup location.

That's it. The only thing that makes them featured is the payment of this fee. Many excellent companies, including Walker Mobility and Randy's Mobility, simply need to meet the renter at both ends of the transaction. In fact, Randy's has always had this practice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter