Best DVC villa

heatherwillmom

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW in May 2016. There will be 6 of us including a 3 y/o. Which villa would be the best?

depends upon you - all the 2 bedrooms DVC villa can sleep 8 - some can sleep 9. so any of these would work.

the Polyn and BWV do not have 2 bedrooms dedicated. the Polyn 2 bedroom is those bungalow (very, very expensive) and BWV 2-bedroom is a 1-bedroom and studio. So would avoid those.

you would want a 2-bedroom dedicated so the kid could not go out the second door in the lock outs

which park are you spending the most time at?

if dvc is too expensive - think FW cabins also sleep 6.

The best hidden Gem of all the WDW resorts is Old Key West......the largest units, spread out, wonderfully themed and landscaped and moves a just a little slower pace. The Main pool has a giant slide and a sandy beach play area. Great bus service, with spread out stops. A tasty table service, Olivia's.

AKK

That really depends on what is most important to you. If you want to be close to MK because you plan to be there most, go with BLT or VWL. If you prefer a more relaxing laid back vacation with easy front-door access because you'll have a car, go with OKW or SSR. If you want a unique vacation experience, go with AKV. We've stayed at BLT, OKW, AKV, and a Treehouse Villa at SSR and have loved them all. Of course BWV and BCV offer easy access to EP, which we want to experience sometime, but we haven't had a chance (usually go in Oct and they are tough to get with DVC points due to F&W). If you want to read more threads about villas, check out the DVC resorts board.

They're all really different.

Then there are the MK/monorail villas which are close to MK, but not the other parks obviously. Wilderness Lodge as well, with the boat access to MK which is neat.
The Epcot villas (Beach Club and Boardwalk) are close to DHS and Epcot. Very pretty over there.
Animal Kingdom isn't close to anything, but where else can you have giraffes out your window? :)
Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are really spread out and best suited for folks who have a rental car IMO.

I know they are all classified as Deluxe Villas but I see OKW and SSR as moderate villas compared to the other ones, due to the locations (not near a park) or a special feature like AKL. Personally, I think if you are looking at OKW or SSR and you have a car, you should also look at the offsite timeshare villas that are often just as close by and can be much cheaper.

I would try to think about where you will spend the most time in conjunction with your budget. Happy planning.

close to
MK - BLT (you can walk to MK), PBV (boat, ferry, monorail), GFV (boat or monorail), VWL (boat or bus) to the MK

Epcot - BCV (walk over), BWV (walk or boat), BLT, PBV & GFV (monorail to TTC, then monorail to Epcot)

Studio - BCV (boat over), BWV (walk or boat) - ever other resort - bus only

AK - nothing is close - so all resorts bus only

DD - SSR, OKW (walk, boat or bus) to DD - all others bus only (which can be a long ride and lots of time a long wait for the bus to DD)

so SSR and OKW are great if you want to visit DD (now Springs)

I know they are all classified as Deluxe Villas but I see OKW and SSR as moderate villas compared to the other ones, due to the locations (not near a park) or a special feature like AKL. Personally, I think if you are looking at OKW or SSR and you have a car, you should also look at the offsite timeshare villas that are often just as close by and can be much cheaper.

Yes but you can't beat the size or point costs of OKW! IMHO, it's really nice to get away from all the noise and crowds at some of the other DVC Resorts. It's like a vacation within a vacation. It's just not for you. Please don't knock down OKW! An offsite condo is still not the same as being on property. If you are paying cash, NO DVC resort is worth the $$ they charge!

The best hidden Gem of all the WDW resorts is Old Key West......the largest units, spread out, wonderfully themed and landscaped and moves a just a little slower pace. The Main pool has a giant slide and a sandy beach play area. Great bus service, with spread out stops. A tasty table service, Olivia's.

AKK

I agree!! For larger groups traveling together and wanting to stay together, OKW 2 bedroom is the biggest villa of all sites. We had 7 adults (all women) in an OKW 2br villa and had plenty of room!!

Yes but you can't beat the size or point costs of OKW! IMHO, it's really nice to get away from all the noise and crowds at some of the other DVC Resorts. It's like a vacation within a vacation. It's just not for you. Please don't knock down OKW! An offsite condo is still not the same as being on property. If you are paying cash, NO DVC resort is worth the $$ they charge!

I'm not knocking it, I've stayed there. :) I just think OKW/SSR are in a different group versus the other DVCs so they are not directly comparable to those. A better comparison is offsite (as long as you have a car) which is why I mentioned it.

Most of the OKW buildings do not have elevators. So if you will be lugging a stroller up and down the stairs, you'll want to request a first floor villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter