• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best DVC for mom with limited mobility...will have ECV

I would do BC or BWV. You can walk/ride her scooter to two parks, which eliminates the need to deal with transpiration for two parks.

I would not pick VGF or PBV for the monorail options. VGF has 1 elevator and it's slow and small. I have a hard time maneuvering my double stroller. That's the elevator to get to the 2nd floor where the monorail is. PBV is similar, though they have 2 elevators. But the rooms seems like a hike to the main building. I guess if you're really far, you can go over to TTC.

And we really don't like taking the monorail to EPCOT. The walk is pretty laborious, while pushing 2 kids, going on and off the monorail ramps. I don't know if they'd let ECV take the short cut, but don't count on it. The last few times we've just taken the bus from Epcot back to our MK resort.

Oh, wow, we just came back from 9 nights at VGF and found the elevators to be extremely fast, but we always used the ones where there is a bank of 3 elevators, not the single elevator on the other side of the hall by itself--maybe that is what you experienced. It seemed as if the elevator was there almost before we pushed the button, we never had to wait and there was more than enough room for an ECV and several people to fit.

not the single elevator on the other side of the hall by itself--maybe that is what you experienced.
We did! I thought the other set of elevators were for CL guests only. Most of the time there's a CM standing right in front.

Will definitely use those next time. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter