• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Best* drink at each park

ScrappyTam

Earning My Ears
Will be hitting Disney in a few weeks for a solo trip. This is the first time I've been when there's been mixed drinks in the parks. I don't have the time or the funds to *drink around The world*, but would like to *drink around Walt Disney World* by having a drink at each of the parks.

Any recommendations on the *best* drink in each park?

Well, I personally adore the Grand Marnier slushie from France in Epcot. Must have one every trip. I also really loved the Yub Nub at Oga's Cantina in Hollywood Studios. I don't think mixed drinks are a thing in MK yet (or maybe ever) and at Animal Kingdom there is a Dole WHip with Rum that I get but I don't remember where.

another vote for Grand Marnier slushie. But, I also like the grapefruit beer in Germany pavilion. It didn't sound good until I tried it. Very good!

I would love to hear others reports so I can have others to try.

Sake flight in Japan (Epcot), tequila flight in Mexico (Epcot), and a dark beer in Germany (Epcot) are my absolute must-haves.

Okay, so this really depends on what your taste preferences are. If you like stronger more stout cocktails vs. sweeter vs. beer/wine.

Personally la cava del tequila and get the malstrom is my first choice. A close second for me is the boddingtons at the UK pub, followed by a good sake from Japan.

For HS this one is a bit harder, probably try one of the speciality fall cocktails they seem interesting.

Animal kingdom nomad lounge is a big +1.

I'd also follow others and recommend trying something at the Poly, or maybe something at Abracadabbar.

Okay, so this really depends on what your taste preferences are. If you like stronger more stout cocktails vs. sweeter vs. beer/wine.
Where would you recommend for a 21 yo birthday at WDW, for someone who hasn't had anything other than a small sip of wine/champagne/beer.

@ScrappyTam I like the idea of drinking around Disney World instead of World Showcase. None of us are big drinkers so that would actually be achievable for us ;)

Where would you recommend for a 21 yo birthday at WDW, for someone who hasn't had anything other than a small sip of wine/champagne/beer.

@ScrappyTam I like the idea of drinking around Disney World instead of World Showcase. None of us are big drinkers so that would actually be achievable for us ;)
Glad you like the idea, @MamaJessie! I'm rather looking forward to trying it out myself. As for the birthday question, I'm gonna say that you're probably gonna want to find a place with fruity drinks and lighter liquors. I did hear about a drink, at Trader Sam's (?) that's like a big fish bowl that you can share. That could be fun to do. Actually, at I'm thinking about it, if my daughter was going with me, that's exactly what I would do.

I'm not a beer drinker and I don't really like dark liquors, but am a big fan of tequila, so the tequila flight is really catching my eye. And I don't think I'll be able to pass up that slush. It looks delicious & there are too many people mentioning that one!

The best drink in any park, is a drink served by this guy.....

F18B4FAD-B5CA-4351-8B29-861CE18A9391.jpeg

Carl is the best bartender on property. If you don’t try to stop by Rose and Crown to visit him(and yes, Carol Stein), why bother visiting EPCOT?

Epcot - The Grand Marnier slush is good, but I actually prefer the lemon one served at the same stand - it’s not as sweet. Or, if you like a sweet drink, the violet sake in Japan is fabulous... and gorgeous.

Hollywood Studios - Dad’s electric lemonade at the Tune In Lounge is awesome and has a glow cube! You can get it to go.

Animal Kingdom - The margarita at the Dawa Bar is excellent... again, not super sweet.

MK - since there are no drinks outside of TS restaurants, I’d suggest a run over to the Wave Lounge at the Contemporary for a Forever Young.

Enjoy!

For us it was 2, first are the slushy drinks in France, so good on a hot day but for me my absolute favorite was Hawkes' Grog Ale while eating in Satu'li Canteen, what a surprise! Speaking of beer STAY away from those premixed garbage in Oga's, simply terrible but they did also have a great beer one that stood out in my mind was Gold Squadron Lager.........have fun!

Will be hitting Disney in a few weeks for a solo trip. This is the first time I've been when there's been mixed drinks in the parks. I don't have the time or the funds to *drink around The world*, but would like to *drink around Walt Disney World* by having a drink at each of the parks.

Any recommendations on the *best* drink in each park?
I am not a beer drinker, so.....

Only place inside a Park I stop at every trip is Hollywood Studios 50's Prime Time Lounge for a hand-crafted margarita.

Magic Kingdom is beer & wine at a few places.

Animal Kingdom I recommend Nomad Lounge.

Epcot - choosing from the many Champagnes of & in France.

I really like the Grand Marnier slushy at EPCOT and the Yak Attack at Yak and Yeti at Animal Kingdom. I don't think I have ever had a drink at MK and nothing really memorable from Hollywood Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter