Best Double Stroller?

KJMAX1

DIS Veteran
I have an 18 mos old who is a runner, and am due in a month with a newborn. I am pretty confident I do not want my sit and stand because both will need to sleep in the stroller. We have a sit n stand and my toddler who is smallish for her age, doesnt sit all the way back on the seat either, its like the depth is off for kids.

I was looking into the Contours Optima stroller, or the Graco. The Contours stroller is further apart between each seat so the one in back cant kick the one in front. However, Im wondering when we fly, we have to take off the one seat for folding. How will that work? Graco does not allow you to turn the seats around, however, it is sturdy and you dont have to take a seat off to fold.

What do you have, and what do you like or hate about it?

The contours is AWESOMEEEEEEEE!

BUT its HEAVY!!!

We HATED the duo glider we had. I bought it off CL and sold it 2 months later.

I could fit my tall 4 year old and BIG 2 year old and I almost got it but we have taken to baby wearing. Which honestly is alot easier then any stroller we have found day to day. You can get a Mei Tei for 30 bucks at BRU (Infantino Sash) and its wonderful! Your 18 mth old and your toddler can use it.

If you also get a Ergo you can wear both of them or DH can wear one and you wear the other.

I currently wear both my 30 lb 2 year old and 8 lb 3 mth old with no end in sight.

I hated the contours. It was too much to disassemble it each time you had to fold it. I had a DuoGlider, which I really liked because it had full incline for the baby. That thing was HUGE, though, and once the baby was sitting up no-one wanted to sit in the back. (my kids are 16 months apart) We have a side-by-side now, Peg Perego Aria. We rarely use a stroller any more, though.

Hands down you want the BJ City Mini Double! We just returned from 10 days with 4yo twins and they still fit just fine. It is very light, folds very easy and both seats fully recline. It also has the best sun shades of any stroller out there :cool1: Worth every penny whether you rent or purchase it.

We were going to do the city mini, but were able to get the britax b agile cheaper. There are very few differences between the two. I love the stroller. I borrowed a duo glider before we bought the b agile and it was a nightmare.

May I give another suggestion? Have you thought of baby wearing? It makes life so much easier....especially with a toddler running around. There's so many options out there it'll make your head go nuts, lol. Strollers are so big and bulky and even more with a double stroller. Good luck figuring it out!

May I give another suggestion? Have you thought of baby wearing? It makes life so much easier....especially with a toddler running around. There's so many options out there it'll make your head go nuts, lol. Strollers are so big and bulky and even more with a double stroller. Good luck figuring it out!

A lot of people suggest this, but my kids hated being worn. Whether it was because the were hot, or it restricted their movement, or they were too nosy, I don't know.

My older 2 were "older" adoptions, so they were beyond that stage (2 & 5) but the younger 2 came home at 2 days old. My daughter absolutely refused any type of carrier (admittedly, she was a nosy thing from get-go) my son was okay with a sling until he was sitting up on his own, then it was no go.

I agree with the strollers though. We cannot wait until we can do a stroller -free trip! My son, who is 2, still naps, and will nap in the stroller. He's a great napper!

A lot of people suggest this, but my kids hated being worn. Whether it was because the were hot, or it restricted their movement, or they were too nosy, I don't know.

My older 2 were "older" adoptions, so they were beyond that stage (2 & 5) but the younger 2 came home at 2 days old. My daughter absolutely refused any type of carrier (admittedly, she was a nosy thing from get-go) my son was okay with a sling until he was sitting up on his own, then it was no go.

I agree with the strollers though. We cannot wait until we can do a stroller -free trip! My son, who is 2, still naps, and will nap in the stroller. He's a great napper!

We started baby wearing when my son was a month from being 2 and he LOVES it. We have a ring sling, Ergo and a Mei Tei now and I tandem carry him and YDD. I also put my 4 year old in it on a dare one time. :rolleyes1

We dont own any strollers and I do almost every alone with the 3 youngest. Babywearing makes life SOOOOOOOOOOO much easier I cant imagine dealing with strollers ever again! (except at disney :lmao: )

tandem carry (front 8 lb 3 mth old in a infantino Mei Tei, back 30lb 2 year old in a ergo galaxy grey)
616069_448177915220417_306399117_o.jpg

mobesfamily said:
Hands down you want the BJ City Mini Double! We just returned from 10 days with 4yo twins and they still fit just fine. It is very light, folds very easy and both seats fully recline. It also has the best sun shades of any stroller out there :cool1: Worth every penny whether you rent or purchase it.

Worth every penny! We love ours! We don't have a need for a double stroller any more, but this was the best!

I would look at a city mini or britax b-agile instead. I prefer the side by side strollers to the front and back strollers like the contours or duo glider. They are much easier to push, fold smaller, and I have never had trouble fitting through doors or aisles.

The contours and the graco are both so big and bulky, I wouldn't choose either one personally.

We rented the city mini from Orlando Strollers for the week during our visit. The thing was awesome. They dropped it off at our hotel and picked it up at the end of the week. We could easily fold it up on the boats and monorail so it wasn't too big of a pain.

Well for one, I can only carry the baby so long. I have a bad back. I have a Mai-tai, Moby wrap, Ergo, and also had a Bjorn. All cased my back to ache. As for the BC Jogger, I hate that its a side by side. We have a Maclaren side by side and getting through a store these days is insane. The aisle with the hanging racks gets wrecked from the kids pulling clothing down etc while pushing by. Thats why I was thinking of a more traditional front and back. I did think about the BC Elite I believe its called where you put two on one frame. But none of the seats or even the parents have cup holders! Where on earth do you put your drinks or anything that baby might need quickly??

Have you looked into the baby jogger city select? We have it and love it! Love that I can have the two seats on it or just one when the toddler is walking or at an activity. It's also pretty heavy but has so many options so it was worth it to us.

We have a Graco Quattro Tour Duo, which is different than the Duoglider. I tried out both and I liked the Quattro better. It is a lot sturdier, fairly easy to maneuver (for a double) and easily fit my Graco infant carseat in it. The only bad part is that the front seat does not fold down flat for napping, although the back does. It has a lot of storage space. Like many doubles, it is relatively heavy. Although I have no problems taking it in and out of our car. It does take up quite a bit of trunk space.

Oh yeah I know some kids don't like it. My sister borrowed my sling I had used for my daughter when she had her son and he didn't really like it. He was a much bigger baby then she was so perhaps it was just more comfortable for her....he was a beast, lol. She didn't try any other type of carrier. She has a moby for her 3rd child but doesn't really use it much because she's 19 months old now. I had a moby for my baby and although they're nice a cuddly, I didn't care for it.....too much fabric to deal with. I now have a beco gemini and LOVE it!

We started baby wearing when my son was a month from being 2 and he LOVES it. We have a ring sling, Ergo and a Mei Tei now and I tandem carry him and YDD. I also put my 4 year old in it on a dare one time. :rolleyes1

We dont own any strollers and I do almost every alone with the 3 youngest. Babywearing makes life SOOOOOOOOOOO much easier I cant imagine dealing with strollers ever again! (except at disney :lmao: )

tandem carry (front 8 lb 3 mth old in a infantino Mei Tei, back 30lb 2 year old in a ergo galaxy grey)
616069_448177915220417_306399117_o.jpg

Awesome! With my 1st son, I don't know if they had all these slings and carriers. I did the typical stroller/travel system.....carried him around in the carseat, he would cry and I'd have to hold him AND push the stroller. I'm so glad before I had my daughter that I discovered this wonderful world of baby wearing, lol. It truly does make life easier! I only have an umbrella stroller that my MIL bought for when my daughter was young, she has arthritis and can't wear a kid. Now it just looks funny whenever my little one sits in it, lol.

We have a Graco Quattro Tour Duo, which is different than the Duoglider. I tried out both and I liked the Quattro better. It is a lot sturdier, fairly easy to maneuver (for a double) and easily fit my Graco infant carseat in it. The only bad part is that the front seat does not fold down flat for napping, although the back does. It has a lot of storage space. Like many doubles, it is relatively heavy. Although I have no problems taking it in and out of our car. It does take up quite a bit of trunk space.

I have used this stroller a ton and I really recommend it over the traditional duoglider. I prefer to use a side by side but they are not always practical (like shopping).

Another vote for the city select double. We've travelled the world with it. The twins love it and there are so many options. Steers really well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter