Best Dophin Encounter on the Western?

mrssmiddy

Mouseketeer
We are taking our first cruise to the Western Caribbean in October, and are taking my parents. We want to do a dolphin encounter. My DD is 6, but is fearless and swims fine with a life jacket. DS is 10 and swims great. My mother does not swim, but will be fine standing in the shallow water. Which is the best one? We were planning the Dolphin Encounter & Turtle Farm at Grand Cayman, but am starting to second guess myself. Thanks for any feedback!

We did the one at Dolphin Discovery at Grand Cayman, which included the turtle farm. The place was nice, good staff, and long encounter for the price! I recommend it. :thumbsup2

We are doing the encounter next month. I can let you know how it is when we get back. :)

I have done the dolphin encounter and turtle farm (not on a cruise, but on a trip to Cayman last year) and it was an amazing experience! We plan to do it again on our Disney cruise this year.

We did the one at Dolphin Discovery at Grand Cayman, which included the turtle farm. The place was nice, good staff, and long encounter for the price! I recommend it. :thumbsup2

We did this one also and really enjoyed it.

I did the Cozumel Dolphinaris swim with dolphins excursion with DDs 10 & 7: very nice facility, fun morning.

We did this as well (just last onth) and would recommend it to anyone. It was very well organized, and such a fun experience.

We happened to see the dolphin experience area in Costa Maya when we got off of the ship there, and we were shocked at how tiny it was in comparison to where we were in GC.

We happened to see the dolphin experience area in Costa Maya when we got off of the ship there, and we were shocked at how tiny it was in comparison to where we were in GC.

My DW and DD18 saw the dolphin area in Costa Maya also, and were totally shocked by how small the area is! We did Dolphinaris at Cozumel, and they said there is no comparison in the sizes of their pools. We loved the Dolphinaris at Cozumel, and would definitely recommend it.

We also did the excursion in Cozumel and loved it. My daughter and I did the encounter and my husband did the push, pull and swim. Terrific. Plus they have a nice pool area for the kids as well as a huge beach with lounge chairs and a bar. You could also order food. Make sure to combine all photos from everyone in your party onto one cd. They will let you do that even though they don't advertise it.

We are also doing the one at GC with the turtles. DD has to do turtles and DS wants dolphins. LOL.

TIP: I read that the pictures packages are insane, but they negotiate. I read that some ppl spent of 300, and others got it for 80.00!! So, keep saying no and walk away!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter