Best DLR lunch on a budget

kermit116

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste
We have one day at Disneyland for an upcoming trip. We'll be a group of 4 adults and I'm looking for suggestions on the best budget lunch on location. There are no dietary restrictions in our group. We're open to any of the quick service places at Disneyland, or any inexpensive sit-down dining options. We're all foodies, so something interesting or some sort of variety would be nice if we can get it. Since we only have one day to do both DLR and DCA, we don't want to leave the parks to have lunch (with the exception of going to Downtown Disney).

There is a place in the Grand Californian right by Grizzly River Run that is tucked away, quite, cool and decent sized food for the price. You could likely split one meal between two adults. The name is White Water Snacks. Haven't been in a few years, but we usually hit this place at least once.

I like the big baked potatoes at Troubadour Tavern. For about $6, you can get it with BBQ chicken or broccoli and cheese or the tradition butter, sour cream, bacon, cheese, and chives. It's in the Princess Fantasy Faire area, near it's a small world.

If your group is into sharing meals, the fried chicken dinner at the Plaza Inn is a good choice. It's about $13.50, but you get a lot of food.

White Water Snacks is another good choice. It's quiet, just outside DCA, in the GCH. The nachos are big enough for two people.

To save more money, skip the sodas and ask for a cup of water. Those drinks really add up.

I second the share the fried chicken at the Plaza Inn. They are accustomed to this request, just ask for an additional plate and biscuit.

My suggestion would be Cafe Orleans. It's a table service restaurant. We order gumbo or their house salad for each of us. We then order a monte cristo sandwich and a couple orders of pomme fries. Plenty of food. The salad, fries, and gumbo are a little over $5 a piece and the sandiwch is about $17. The sandwich comes with four big pieces and fruit. One slice is usually plenty for me.

My votes is for a corn dog from the cart on Main St!! Follow it up with a churro! Smiles all around. (you didn't say HEALTHY, did you?) :goodvibes

I love the skewers at Bengal Barbecue (across from Indiana Jones)! They have chicken or beef, both in awesome sauces, or asparagus wrapped in bacon, or veggie ones. Totally delicious for lunch or as a late night snack.

I agree on asking for a cup of ice water instead of paying for a drink - makes all the difference.

If you don't mind venturing out to Downtown Disney, I happen to like Jazz Kitchen Express for a relatively inexpensive yet tasty meal. I usually get the gumbo, but there are plenty of good choices on the menu.

If you don't mind venturing out to Downtown Disney, I happen to like Jazz Kitchen Express for a relatively inexpensive yet tasty meal. I usually get the gumbo, but there are plenty of good choices on the menu.

Ooh, yeah. Their jambalaya is awesome too.

The servings are pretty decent at Rancho Del Zocalo. And the prices are on par with most mexican food table service outside the parks. If the weather is decent you can sit outside in the courtyard and enjoy the sounds of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad right next door. :goodvibes

I enjoy looking at the menus here: http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm

I second the Plaza Inn chicken recommendation. Last time I ordered double green beans, no mashed potatoes, and it was more than plenty for two adults to share. We were quite full, didn't feel deprived at all.

For counter service food that feels nothing like theme park food, check out the Paradise Garden Grill and Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta. Located next to each other in DCA, there are lots of options, from meat skewers with sauces such as chimmichurro and Tzatziki, to flat bread pizza and four cheese ravioli. The portions are huge, so it may be more expensive as you will find it hard to buy fewer entees. There is also live music in the afternoon with an international flair.

Other interesting options include the fried green tomato sandwich at the Hungry Bear and some interesting variations on burgers at the Village Haus. -- Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter