• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best disney resorts to relax at

disneycastle

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are trying to plan a September 18 to September 25 2004 trip to wdw and only plan to go to the parks 3 or 4 days out of the 7 and were wondering, which resorts would you recommend for relaxation.

DC

I just wanted to welcome you to the Boards :wizard: !! I'm sure someone will answer your question very soon :happy1: . Sorry I can't help.

:wave2:

WL would be an excellent choice.... Beautiful theming, the "natural" setting and the Bay lake views make this resort very peaceful. For fun you can...

- rent a boat and have fun on bay lake
- bike around on the FW trails
- great pool to lounge around at.
- great lobby or iron spike lounge to relax with a book.
- great restaurants too.

Enjoy!

Welcome to the Dis::MickeyMo Depends on how you like to relax.
AKL and WL are both great for wandering around the resort and taking in the sights. AKL has a nice and dark lounge that's relaxing. The Poly is also a pretty place with nice fruity drinks in the lounge:earsboy: GF has a beautiful lobby and you can hear the GF orchestra from the mezzanine at various times. All the WDW resorts have great pools.

My vote is also for AKL, it is very relaxing. It is so peaceful and relaxing to be able to watch the animals from your balcony if you have a Savannah view room.

I would recommend the Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Lodge because they are very relaxing and all have magnificent lobbies. The GF is victorian and often, a pianist or orchestra plays-- they also have afternoon tea at the Garden View Lounge. The grounds are gorgeous and I love the large gift shop. In addition, you can rent a boat and go out on Bay Lake (this is possible at the WL too). Both the WL and AKL lobbies are more exotic and rustic. The WL has a large fireplace with rocking chairs and each have lots of comfy furniture to lounge in. The AKL also offers a balcony to view the animals in the savannah. Also, don't forget to check out the geyser at the WL. All three resorts have a number of great restaurants as well. If you are looking to relax, I feel these three are the best choice. Have a good time!

mariamouse::MinnieMo

I would reccommend the Beach Club or the BCV's if you can. The villas are great if you plan to spend time around the resort as they are so big and having the kitchen is great. The hotel is beautiful and stormalong bay is a great place to relax. Plus you can wonder around the lake, go over to the boardwalk if you wanted to go somewhere for a walk.

To let you know how relaxing these 2 resorts are, my kids fell asleep on the couches in the lobbies at both resorts, and I just about fell asleep myself. They are both very comfortable relaxing resorts. The music and smells in both lobbies give a very relaxing feel, and both lobbies are absolutely breath-taking! Both resorts have lots of cozy chairs where you can cuddle up, and you can sit in front of the fire in a rocking chair at WL. I don't think you could go wrong with either resort. The only thing I've noticed is that WL has become a lot more crowded as its popularity has increased over the years. It seems like AKL is still catching on and possibly a little less crowded still. Hope this helps!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

The most relaxing resort in my opinion is Old Key West. You feel like you're a million miles away from the parks. :) Poly is also great. :) I've never stayed at the AKL, but I'm sure it would be very relaxing. :)

Old Key West gets my vote too. The whole area is so peaceful and it's set up more like condos thana hotel. You can park right out front if you have a car. There are ducks and bunnies and the pools are usually half empty. You can walk and not even see other people everywhere -- yes, this is in WDW! The rooms are big and pastel colored. We love it here! We don't feel the location is "remote" at all -- it's close to Downtown Disney and off-property restaurants and shopping. It's our favorite.

Wow so many choices. We will have to look into Old Key West, Poly and AKL.

We were originally planning this trip for December to celebrate New Years, but got a really good deal on flights and a hotel for Hawaii and just couldn't pass it up, so we are postponing our WDW trip til September.

Anyways Old Key West does sound nice and relaxing and I will have to let my wife know about this since she is planning this trip.

Thanks again,

DC

It's probably easier to tell you where NOT to stay... the All-Stars! Ha.

We found Coronado & Wilderness Lodge both very relaxing (if you stay away from the Pepper Market and Whispering Canyon restaurants).

The Dolphin was okay, but didn't have that "get away from it all" feel to me.

I would love to try AKL, Poly, OKW, and Beach Club sometime.

Okay..... let's see..... if you can't relax at a Disney resort.....IT'S YOUR FAULT!:eek:

Seriously....for the theme and just getting your mind off of whatever is bugging you at home, I would choose WL. Very peaceful, near the water, yep that would be my choice.

Dave

Id definetely reccomend Poly for relaxation, especially off-season. The beach and hammocks were relaxing, and was pretty quiet outside. It seemed as though the resort was empty most of the time, and the scenery is very relaxing.

Animal Kingdom lodge was also very quiet, especially out on the far wings of the resort (except for that one bird), but the walk between areas of the resort can be very very long in dark hallways. It's still an awesome resort though...

Hands down, Old Key West for my family. We had a two bedroom this summer for my mom's 60th birthday - she wanted to move in!!! It is very quiet, and we like to sit on the balcony with a beverage and unwind.

When we plan on doing parks the majority of our time (which means mostly Epcot and MGM), I like the Boardwalk Villas.

Have fun researching your options...

Well, I guess it depends on how you "like" to relax!

We found WL very relaxing. There are so many quite "nooks". It is so nice to sit on a beach chair near the water & watch the boats and just enjoy the secenry.

We spent much more time at the hotel during our stay last Sept than we ever anticipated.

I would say the Yacht and Beach Club. You have so many places to relax there. The pool is awesome, you could sit all day and just watch all the people having fun if you didn't feel like getting in. You can also relax by the water and watch the boats going back and forth from EPCOT, MGM and all the different Boardwalk resorts. The lobby is also a very nice place to relax.

Sit Back, Relax and Enjoy.................WL!

I can picture myself early in the dewey morning, sitting in the hot tub with a book in hand and a hot chocolate. Or late at night, gazing at the stars drinking a glass of cabernet sauvignon.

Peaceful and relaxing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter