• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Disney parent?

Oswald lover

Hylian
Personally, I think Marlin (Finding Nemo) is because he swam across the entire ocean just to find his son. :) Who do YOU think is the best Disney parent?

I have to agree with Marlin! My 2nd choice would be Mufasa. He really loved Simba. (such a tear jerker!)

I agree but I'd add Kala's from Tarzan. Biologically I know, I know he isn't hers per say but she was his parent & did a super job loving & raising him despite what everyone else in her group felt about it. She was a great mommy.

• Maurice (Beauty and the Beast)
  • Sultan (Aladdin)
  • Triton (Little Mermaid)
  • Professor Porter (Tarzan)
  • Kala (Tarzan) - The only mom on the list. ^^;
I know I'm kinda cheating since most of them are from the Princess movies and fathers, but lemme tell you. The movies really make the parent characters great.

My 2yr old is in love with Princess Froggie, so I'm going to throw a vote to Eudora (just had to look up the spelling! Was gonna say Elanor!) for her sweetness and values.

Merida's mother Elinor in Brave. King triton in the Little Mermaid and Belle's father Maurice in beauty and the beast. I would also have to add Mufasa and Marlin :)

How about Nemo's mom! She died trying to save her kids, the ultimate sacrifice a parent can make. But just my opinion.

I think it is a toss up between Elinor (Merida's mom) and Aurora's mom for me.

How about the mother bunny in robin hood. I'm sorry anyone that can have that many kids at once deserves a meddel. :p

my thoughts....

King Triton gives up his daughter so she can be with her prince, he may never see her again but gives her legs again to be with him... sweet!!

i also think a close second is Tiana's father, he is the main inspiration in the film.

Don't forget Sarabi (Simba's mom). She went through losing her husband, losing her son, being controlled and starved by Scar, and then loved her son unconditionally even though it turned out he had been hiding the whole time and keeping the secret of his father's death all those years.

Also there are the Darlings, the mother was always very supportive of the kids' imaginations. The father may have been a strict one but he came through and ended up coming through at the end.

Also Mr. Banks. He was a stickler just like Mr. Darling but he realized his faults in the end and that he was a kid at heart.

Don't forget Sarabi (Simba's mom). She went through losing her husband, losing her son, being controlled and starved by Scar, and then loved her son unconditionally even though it turned out he had been hiding the whole time and keeping the secret of his father's death all those years.

I agree with this! Sarabi and Mufasa both get my vote.

My vote goes to Lem Siddons, the character played by Fred MacMurray in the live Disney movie, Follow Me Boys. Not only does he take in a troubled young Kurt Russell after the boys alcholic father dies, he becomes the father figure to an entire town of boys as the Scout Master of all Scout Masters.

Bambi's mother. She taught him how to be self-sufficient. Also a parent who may have given her life for her child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter