• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Disney Memory

My favorite memory is actually two.

The first is flying from Detroit to Orlando. Disney was our first big family trip, which included our first time flying. We were so excited just to be flying in an airplane!! Isn't that corny? Not to us. When my seven year old daughter was sitting beside me on the plane(holding my hand, as the engines were winding up) and she said, "Here we go Mommy, we're really going to fly in the air, just like the birds!" I could have cried from sheer joy!! :hug:

The second favorite was when we were in line, waiting for the rope to drop to enter Animal Kingdom. My husband had my daughter on his shoulders (watching Mickey, Minnie and Goofy on the Safari Bus) and my son and I were standing side by side watching also. The next thing we knew, throughout the park you could hear "In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle" playing through all the speakers. The whole bunch of us, young and old alike, were singing along. Every last word!!

Disney is truelly magical. I can't wait until we go back!! :hourglass

All Star Sports ...... Jan '05
All Star Sports.......... Jan '08

I already listed my 2 fave memories while I was actually in Disney but I have one from US. We were there as a family when Dd was 4. It was not the greatest trip since my now ex and I were quickly nearing the end of our marriage. I was trying to just focus on my DD and have fun with her but as you can imagine I was really down. There is nothing like being trapped on vacation with someone you don't really care for anymore. So.. anyway. I am a HUGE I Love Lucy fan. HUGE. So we are walking thru US and I am pushing DD in her stroller and off to the side in a cafe I see Lucy and Desi sitting and having smoothies ( odd.. I know). I was the only person who saw them but I lost my mind. I started jumping up and down and screaming " it's Lucy!" and I ran over and she stood up and we just hugged. I was crying and so excited. We talked to them for like 20 minutes and she stayed in perfect character and talked to DD about coming over for a play date with Little Ricky. Dear ex had wandered off and was standing pretty far away looking very mad. Lucy hugged me when I was leaving and whispered in my ear " It's ok dear. someone else will love you better". Of course I started crying again and she just had this very understanding and sweet smile on her face. I was so touched that somehow she knew and cared enough to say something. The rest of the trip I had a ball.. focusing on my DD and pretty much ignoring my ex. It ended up being one of my favorite trips ever.
I know it wasnt a true Disney memory..but it was magical for me.

On our first trip with the kids in 2004 DS was 7 and DD was 5. DH and DS went off to the guy things and DD and I went to toon town. It was our next to last day and we still hadn't seen DD's favorite princess, Cinderella. We had seen several princesses at the Storybook Breakfast at Epcot and we saw Ariel in her Grotto and that made her happy, but she really wanted to see Cinderella. We even had a CM in a store make a special call to find out where she was one evening, but it was too late and she'd gone back to her castle for the night. Anyway, DD and I were in Toon Town going through Mickey and Minnie's houses. She just loved those houses and imagined what Mickey would do when he came home and saw that mess in him kitchen. We went into the County Fair and saw a line forming for Character Greetings so we got in it not knowing who we were going to see. We must have been in line for 30 minutes and my little 5 year old was getting pretty anxious, but as soon as we went through the doors and saw Suzy Mouse and Cinderella princess: she must have jumped three feet off the floor.:yay: After she had her picture with the princess she tripped on her dress and Cinderella graciously got up to make sure she was alright and we got another picture of her getting a kiss on the cheek from her favorite princess. It was a magical night for her.

My all time favorite Disney memory is from when I was about 3 or 4. I remember sitting on a bench outside of the Tiki Birds sharing a Welch's grape juice popsicle with my grandfather. I have never since had a popsicle that tasted that good. The Tiki Birds was my grandfather's favorite attraction and is still my favorite to this day. I think that memory is why WDW is my happy place. I named my son in honor of my grandfather and you know what I think that kid loves the Tiki Birds almost as much as me and Poppy did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter