Best Disney Memory of all time??

PrincessRianne

Mouseketeer
Back in 2000, my aunt (who has no children, but treats my sisters and me like her own) decided to take us to Disney. This was because my mother couldnt get any time off from work or what have you. So, with a sadness in our hearts we went on to disney w/o our parents. We got there (stayed offsite) and went on to our first day as usual. We got to the magic kingdom bright and early the next morning, and my aunt suggested we stop at Caseys Resturant to decide how to start our day. We got there and my aunt was videotaping me and my sisters sitting there. All of a suddent while we were in unison saying "Day OnE!!" To the camera(all 4 of us!) My parents popped out from Casey's! They had taken a smaller plane that left an hour after ours and they were staying at the Polynesian Concierge to boot! We spent the rest of our trip enjoying disney like we always do.

Plus, we came home with an awesome souvienir.
Disney sister #5!!! lol.
We learned that we really shouldnt let our rents have their own room. hehe.
But at least our family is complete now. :)

So what about everybody else?

I would have to say that the most memorable time for me was on my first visit to MK in 2000 with my 12 year old son. Walking into Tomorrowland and seeing that "thing" that you walk under just reminded me of my childhood and watching Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color.
However, (and I know this is not a WDW memory), my most memorable time was at Cedar's Point Coaster Park in Ohio. My son's mother and I had been divorced for about a year. When we visited he was 8 year's old. We were holding hands and walking through the park when he looked up at me and said, "Are you having a good time, Daddy?" I said, "Christopher, I'm having a great time." I still remember that as if it happened yesterday.

Far and away, hands down, my favorite memory from WDW is from my trip down in 98. I was a freshman in HS and were down there with the marching band. We were lucky enough to get to march in (before) the SpectroMagic parade. I can still remember clearly marching out of the gate at Main St USA, rounding the corner and and looking up at cinderella castle all lit up, and hearing the crowd roaring and cheering up and down the parade route. I'm getting goosebumps just sitting here typing this and remembering.

Walking into Disneyland for the very first time on my last trip. I'd seen so many photos of Walt there, and read Mousetales about 20 times, and had desperately wanted to go there for so long, and it was so magical stepping onto Main Street and getting my first ever look at the castle. It's something I'll never forget :)

I lost something at the CBR when I was a freshman in high school (Sept. 1993). Went down with my parents and lots of schoolmates (and their parents). Decided to make a relationship out of a friendship... lasted until 1999. She was my first (and only... thus far) love.

My best Disney memory is a recurring one. It's that overwhelming feeling of joy, of magic, and of being 6 years old again. it's the feeling of realization that you have just crossed over into the happiest place on earth. I get this every time i walk under the Main Street Station onto Main Street, USA in the Magic Kingdom after being away for a year or so. It's like the ultimate homecoming!

(That's the feeling that inspired my username!)

My FAVE memory of WDW would have to be going down during Spring Break last year when I was a Senior in HS. My boyfriend's family was vacationing there also and we got spend time in the parks together. We had SUCH a great time...that my boyfriend and I planned our own trip and went by ourselves during Thanksgiving of last year. We had a great time...and we are going again in July. We are proud to say that Walt Disney Worlds is "our" place! :mickeybar

MainStreet said:
My best Disney memory is a recurring one. It's that overwhelming feeling of joy, of magic, and of being 6 years old again. it's the feeling of realization that you have just crossed over into the happiest place on earth. I get this every time i walk under the Main Street Station onto Main Street, USA in the Magic Kingdom after being away for a year or so. It's like the ultimate homecoming!

That's how I feel too! :cloud9:

I also have great memories from my last trip there which was this past June. I had just graduated h.s. and my best friend got to come with me. She had already moved to Virginia and I was moving here to Texas so it was going to be the last time we saw eachother for a while. Being with her in Disneyworld was awesome. We had such a great time and I have many memories from that trip. But she's coming to visit in July and it'll have been a year since the Disney vacation. I can't wait to see her again :goodvibes

That's so cool you got to experience it with your best friend. I haven't had that pleasure... yet.

My best friend and i had been friends since 1st grade, and best buds since middle school. we graduated together, but had different futures laid out ahead of us. He enlisted in the Marine Corps, while I headed to school in Florida, an hour from WDW. The summer after graduation, but before we had to leave, we did do a few parting things. We went to see some shows, went to the beach, and had a special "last night out" where we had dinner and saw a movie together before he headed off to basic training a few days later. If only I knew then how much I took seeing him every day for granted.

Being from a household of limited income, my friend had never been to Disney. He loved Disney movies, but never made it to any of the parks. In fact, until he was about 16 or so, he had never been to an amusement park at all. I brought him to a local park with me one day and he got to experience his very first roller coaster. He loved it. That summer before he left for basic, we agreed that one day, the two of us would have to go to WDW together. One day... we would make good on that promise.

Last spring, he took a few days off from an extended leave and came to visit me at school. He mentioned on several instances his desire to go to WDW on that trip, and it crushed me that I couldn't make it happen. I didn't have a car at the time, and we would have had to have bribed someone else with a car to go with us, and nobody wanted to dish out $60 for a day. Not to mention I was short on cash, and couldn't really justify the one-day cost. My friend literally pleaded with me, even offering to cover the cost of my ticket if I agreed to go, but there was just no way we could find a ride. Needless to say, we parted a few days later, still with hopes of one day visiting Disney together.

This year, I have a car and hold a Florida Resident Seasonal Pass. I go to WDW every couple weekends, but most of the time I go alone. If he came down to visit me now, I would take him in a heartbeat. But he just got back from his second tour in Iraq, and opted (reasonably, no doubt) to spend the few precious weeks he had at his expense at home with family and some other friends. So yet another year passes with us no closer to seeing Disney together.

But we still talk about it. Last we spoke, he was making plans to come and visit me sometime next semester. But even if he doesn't come next semester, we WILL get there eventually. I plan on renewing my pass next year, I'm renting an apartment for all of next year, and will probably stay to take some summer courses to make up for lost time and take advantage of having the apartment over the summer. His discharge date from the Corps is supposed to be in July 2006, unless the ongoing political situation overseas continues to necessitate his service, in which case his contract may be extended. But If he does get out when he's supposed to, I will have the car, apartment, and seasonal pass, all ready and waiting to fulfill this dream we've been chasing for the 4 years.

This is a reminder to anyone and everyone who has ever had the joy and good fortune of experiencing someplace as magical and memorable as WDW with one of your most treasured and trusted friends or loved ones... Keep that memory near to your heart forever and always, because it will be moments like that which will define your friendship and companionship for maybe a lifetime. And who knows... perhaps one day, when we're old and tired, and having trouble remembering when the last time we took our meds was, we will be able to take comfort in a memory of long ago, when you and your best friend, whom you have known your entire life, made that first trip to Disney World... the one you'd been planning and waiting for, for all those years.

... Now, I realize I got waaaaay carried away with my story just now. Sorry for that. But it just got me thinkin, ya know? It made me remember to pray tonight. To pray for best friends, both mine own and those of people I've never met. For the memories yet to be forged in time, for the wishes that still await granting, and for all the dreams that haven't yet come true. Please, everyone... keep all your friends close, and your best friends closer. Don't ever give up on your dreams.

Because when you wish upon a star...

So in 2003 I took my first adult trip to WDW with (then) my wife and two kids. Somehow between my wife and I we kept it under wraps. we never told the kids where we were headed, just that we were going on a trip that would last a while.

as an aside anyone with kids get ready to be assulted by the inevitable questions "where are we going?" and "Are we there yet?" I live in Cincinnati, Ohio so it is needless to say I lost count of how many times i heard both of those questions :earseek:

so anynow we were staying at the contemporary and we started our way down the road tords the contemporary and when we went through the gates and came out of the tunnel right by the Contemporary my son saw Cindy's Castle and all those endless hours of questions melted away with the absolute joy that came over my son's face :love:

that would be my absolute favorite memory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter