Best Disney Christmas Card Photo?

j9psu

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone has any cute/creative ideas for Christmas card photos taken at Disney. On the off chance that we're able to get a photo where we all look decent (what are the chances?!? :lmao:), I'd love to be able to use it on this year's card. Other than the obligatory shot in front of the castle, anyone have any neat ideas?

Thanks! :santa:

I heard that Santa and mrs Claus at the American Adventure are really great for a photo op.

I did my Christmas cards 2 years ago at the Contemporary Hotel. We were not staying there but went just to take the picture. They have a cute metal Mickey sculpture in the back. . It is a big metal version of Mickey's ears and then Mickey is sitting on top of it. I put my kids in each one of the ears laying down. Came out really cute. I wish I could show you because it is so hard to explain. Maybe someone has a picture of this and would kindly post it for you to see. :)

If you are planning on playing mini-golf, there are some cute places at WinterSummerland. (Blizzard Beach)

If you can find a friendly CM or passerby, GF has the gingerbread house and a few of the resorts have really neat decorations.

There's the sleigh behind the Christmas Shop @ Liberty Square in MK. We have a MVMCP pic from a few years ago here with just a bit of the castle in the back and our santa hats on. :santa:

There's also the "snow" scene at DTD

3134129985_6658957622.jpg

Two years ago we did a Christmas pic with Lilo and Stitch in the animal kingdom. They were both in red & green holiday attire, and stitch was wearing a "wreath" lei. Ended up being a pretty cute picture. We hadn't planned to do it that way, but just happened to get a good picture out of it. Suited us really well.

Two great locations we've done our Christmas pics are in Epcot - one at the Liberty Inn in America in front of the Gingerbread house and the other taken by a photopass photographer in front of a nutcracker display (Germany?). Another really great location is at DHS during the Osbourne Family light show. There are also photographers there ready to snap. Each park, resort, and DTD have great Christmas trees and displays all over and many of the characters will dress in holiday costumes. Just snap pics and you'll have a hard time choosing which one to use when you get home!

Last year we got a great family photo with Snow White and the Dwarfs at MNSSHP...I made a custom card that said:

' Whether you are Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Grumpy, or Happy, we hope that you have a Wonderful Holiday'

Dh and I have a cute one with us wearing our santa hats in front of each of park icons, granted our picture was taken in mAy but we bought our hats with us for the pictures :)

We've made a snowman on the beach...using sand of course. We brought a scarf and buttons for the eyes, nose and mouth. It would be cute to do this on one of the 'beaches' at a resort.

I hear extreme Jenga pictures on rides (especially ones where you put your arms up and block someone in the background) are all the rage. Put that into Photoshop with a nice garland frame around it, wah lah!

I hear extreme Jenga pictures on rides (especially ones where you put your arms up and block someone in the background) are all the rage. Put that into Photoshop with a nice garland frame around it, wah lah!

:rotfl2:OMG.........:rotfl2:.........too funny...........I guess you had to read the other thread to get a kick out of this comment:rotfl2:

Seriously, there are SO many places to get a good holiday photo......I love having a photo in front of the castle when it is all lit up with the "ice".

We went the first week of December one year. We all had matching or coordinating sweatshirts. We stopped for every photopass picture and asked a guest nearby to take the photos too. We got a card shot, but it wasn't the one I would have expected.

Such great ideas. Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2 You're really getting me into the holiday spirit! I can hardly wait to be immersed in Disney holiday magic!:santa:

There are so many great photo opps., I guess my bigger problem is getting my 6 year-old DS to smile. He's NOT a fan of posing for photos, so I have to pick and choose carefully. ;)

We went to Universal's Island of Adventures for one day of our trip and bought shirts for each of our kids that said Thing One Thing Two, Thing Three, Thing Four then had them do different poses around Seussland.

Last year we got a great family photo with Snow White and the Dwarfs at MNSSHP...I made a custom card that said:

' Whether you are Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Grumpy, or Happy, we hope that you have a Wonderful Holiday'

That's sound AWESOME and especially the wording...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter