Best dining options for fussy grown man.

My mom is super picky plain Jane. She liked the buffets at Tusker House and Crystal Palace, the CS at Cosmic Rays and POR, TS at Mama Melrose and Le Celier. At most TS she ordered a steak if available.

Be Our Guest- steak and fries for dinner, plain sandwiches and fries for lunch
Sci-Fi Drive In- burgers, fries, sandwiches, etc. affordable prices for table service and cool atmosphere
Plaza at MK- sandwiches, fries, ice cream
buffets at crystal palace, trails end, or 1900 park fare

If you want to eat at CHH, nearby you could grab your dad a baked potato with the fixings on the side at the outdoor Liberty Square Market next door and just bring it into CHH. Sometimes they also have plain corn on the cob too.

If he found prime time too fussy, I'm not sure many places are going to work! Yikes! But yeah, the restaurants are used to all kinds of requests. Anyplace you go that serves meat, just ask for plain. Same for veggies, etc. He could also order from the kids menus. Those are notoriously plain way too often.

Last edited:

He's a meat & potatoes guy and didn't enjoy 50s PT at DHS? That's a true meat & potatoes type of place. Their fried chicken is great!

I'm a picky eater as well. Basic. Love Sci Fi at DHS, the Plaza at MK, and WCC at WL. ESPN Club at Boardwalk and Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club are also good. Call me crazy, but I didn't care for many of the signature restaurant. Fine dining is a unique fare that doesn't appeal to everyone and if he's a burger type of guy, it wouldn't be up his alley.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

We will definitely be bringing in food. We plan on packing some sandwiches. Actually (since we are staying in a rental home) I plan on baking a turkey and a ham, just so my Dad has plenty of options for sandwiches.

That's very considerate of you. I hope the rest of your party gets to try some more interesting food during your trip. :earsboy:

I would seriously consider swapping out Chef Mickey's - horrible reviews lately. Look at Crystal Palace or 1900 Park as alternates. For Epcot, unless you are going for the princess experience, I would ditch Akerhus and consider the Bakery on the Boardwalk.

Do the buffet at the Germany pavilion at Epcot. Great beer and cold, and fun atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter