• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best dining experience for couples anniversary

We go to Whispering Canyon every year for ours. No real reason except it was our first TS on our honeymoon.

Pick one yourself and make it special. We only muddy the pool for you.

What about Cali Grill and then watch Wishes or Narcossee and watch Wishes

Just about any of the resort signature restaurants would be very nice. Very good food and excellent service. Since it's WDW, there's no guaranteeing a quiet dining room, but generally the later the hour, the fewer noisy families will be there.

Cali Grill is commonly recommended, but I think they rely too much on the "watch Wishes while you dine" hook and have let their food quality slide. And I think it can be very noisy.

Citricos, Jiko, Flying Fish, and Artist Palette are our favourite Disney signatures. But even better, IMO, are the ones at the Swan/Dolfin : Bluezoo, Shulas and Il Mulino.

I think it really depends on the couple, everyone is so different. Will there be a large party celebrating with them? Will they be going into the parks?

DH and I have had lots of anniversary dinners at WDW - Cali Grill (2), but our ADR time was much later than most and not as noisy and the food was not on par one of those nights, but wishes was wonderful. Narcossee,(2) has been pretty on point for us great food, service, water parade then the fireworks all really stellar. But we also have eaten at Ray's in MK and gotten ice cream from Main Street Ice Cream Parlor and watched parade, fireworks all magical and special for us as well.

We celebrated my parents anniversary one year at Spoodles when it was open, this was my parents choice, after we walked around the boardwalk watched the entertainers , and stood on the bridge to catch some of the fire works. Another year on their anniversary they wanted to spend the day at MK as a family so we did just that, QS meals and snacks all day, lots of rides, ending with parade and fireworks, really a wonderful day, lots of fun memories.

generally the later the hour, the fewer noisy families will be there.
I think this is most important. We enjoyed a very quiet and enjoyable dinner last week after wishes at Skipper Canteen in Magic Kingdom. I requested one of the side rooms which are quieter and with the late hour there weren't many people in the restaurant. It was fun to try something new!

I think it varies depending on what type of cuisine and environment you want. We really like Yachtsman. I think Sanaa could be nice too, especially with a window table.

I agree with California Grill, we went for our wedding anniversary in 2014, the staff were great, lots of special touches (table by the window, mickey ear confetti on the table)amazing view, food and service. We were there for Hallowishes!! I cant wait to go again!!

Victoria and Albert's. Expensive but worth every penny.

I agree with this! We did Victoria & Albert's a couple years ago for our anniversary trip, such an incredible meal. Even better, it was before they stopped accepting the Tables in Wonderland card :)

I would like to throw Hoop Dee Do Revue (HDDR) as a great place to celebrate a 45th wedding anniversary. The actors in the show will acknowledge the celebration in the part of their show where they go around the crowd asking if anyone is celebrating anything. We went for our honeymoon and loved the show and the great comfort food! If the couple is not into "fancy" restaurants/cuisine, I think HDDR is a great option!

California Grill hands down. Amazing food and a wonderful view of the castle. Especially if you go during the fireworks. The pork tenderloin is out of this world.

Artist point for the quietness. Yachtsman for the Steak. Rose and Crown for the view from the deck.

On our 45th, give me a quiet bench and a semi quiet walk around the lake for Illuminations. Just me and Mrs. Ally and I could take a churro and be happy.

I agree that it depends on what you like. We've had wonderful anniversary and birthday celebrations at Jiko and Artist Point.

We've had wonderful anniversary celebrations at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and California Grill. If you decide on Cali Grill definitely make a later reservation so you can watch Wishes either during dinner or after. But even if you make an earlier reservation in the evening I think you can still go up on the roof and watch if you have your receipt.

My brother and sister-in-law went to the Turf Club Bar and Grill for their anniversary in February and thought it was great. When they arrived at the restaurant there were balloons at their table, and it was not crowded at all. Because it was not busy they received excellent service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter