Best diaper bag for parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chica622

Mouseketeer
We will have a 9-month-old on our trip this December. We are looking to get a better diaper bag. One that would could be carried on our backs if needed. Any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

I think a back pack works best in the parks. Your able to store what you need for your baby but your also able to store some of your needs, and it fits nicely on a stroller or on your back.

We use 2 "cinch sacks"- 1 for food, snacks and drinks and the other for diapers, wipes and an extra outfit. They fit great under the stroller or can be carried as a backpack. I also used 2 different colors so it was quick and easy to pick the one we needed.

We love our petunia pickle bottom diaper bag in the boxy backpack style! I have had them with all 3 kids and taken them on 10+ trips to Disney. I also always get a ton of people asking where I got it. Hope that's helpful!!

We use 2 diaper bags. 1 is a small messenger style bag, this one only has stuff for 1 changing + stuff we need in line (some snacks + bottle/juice).

The other bag is kept under the stroller and has all the extra stuff you don't need to have with you all the time.

I love love love our Skip Hop Via backpack diaper bag!

It even has clips so it can hang on the stroller handles.

And my husband doesn't mind holding it... he wasn't a fan of my pink Coach diaper bag :rotfl2:

It's a little pricey (~$70) but IMO, worth every penny...

pTRU1-7569464dt.jpg

viabackpack_image_4.jpg

pTRU1-7569464_alternate1_dt.jpg

I bought a JU JU BE BFF for our past May trip. I LOVE THAT BAG!!!!! I still use it all the time! It's a little big... but fits EVERYTHING! It converts from a messanger bad to a backpack easily and was comfortable wearing around the park all day long. It's also super cute!

http://shop.ju-ju-be.com/BFF-at-Ju-Ju-Be-in-PID10858-09FM02A.aspx

I bought mine from Amazon, so I got it slightly cheaper than listed on the website.

They also have a new backpack style bag, which I plan to purchase for our next trip. My kiddies are older now and don't require AS much.

http://shop.ju-ju-be.com/Be-Right-Back-at-PID12061-12BP01A.aspx

These bags are just great because they have pockets for everything to keep organized and they're machine washable! :thumbsup2

I have in the past carried a Prada backpack around the parks, but my kids were all potty trained at the time. This trip, I plan on bringing a Baggallini to take on rides with me that has a diaper change, a couple of snacks and toys, and then leaving a cinch bag in the stroller that has a change of clothes, more diapers/wipes and more snacks. I don't want to leave anything in the stroller that is appealing, so I figured a cinch sack won't catch someone's eyes. I really like the idea of two cinch sacks in different colors, that is brilliant!

We have been 3 times with children 2 and under and every time we have taken a backpack. DH usually is the packhorse and he likes to wear the Adidas crossbody backpack. I am not a fan of diaper bags in general though and after my very first diaper bag 8 years ago I switched to carrying messenger bags. They fit everything very very well including changing pads. Just another option :)

Our regular diaper bag is a Columbia backpack diaper bag. We had one for our older son and now have one for our daughter. I love it. It fits exactly what I need it to without being too bulky. I don't think it's overly expensive. We bought ours at Babies R Us.

My husband carries a backpack for the camera, phones, food etc and we bring this. Love it!!! It has a dry compartment that will hold the day's diapers, wipes, and a bottle or two or some small toys. The "wet" part will hold wet clothes, used bibs, diapers (we cloth diaper- but this can be used even if you don't) and keeps it totally seperate from the other part. It is so easy to pull this in and out of the stroller and into the Baby Centers or bathrooms.

Backpack for sure. When we lived in FL the Jansport Trans backpacks (available at Target in-store) were awesome to use in the parks. When the girls were younger we ended up buying a second one in a different color so we could keep either our girls stuff separate, or keep the kids stuff in one, and our stuff in another.

They're also big enough to hold a 15" laptop when the trip is over too! I liked it because it had plenty of different pockets. Use one to put snacks, throw a few diapers in a small carrying bag (medium size makeup bag), changes of clothes side carrying for water bottles and more.

I always found it useful to have 2 bags one to keep in the car at a moments notice and then one that would go in/out of the house. We've had them about 5 years now and are using them on our trip down this week!

Our regular diaper bag is a Columbia backpack diaper bag. We had one for our older son and now have one for our daughter. I love it. It fits exactly what I need it to without being too bulky. I don't think it's overly expensive. We bought ours at Babies R Us.

We have this as well. We love it!

merina888 said:

That's what I have too.Love it!

I use a 8x5x3 reusable tote and pack it with: 4 diapers, travel size baby wipes, three divider baby formula container, baby bottle, receiving blanket (to place on changing table) and Burt's bees diaper ointment.:thumbsup2. Everything is neatly packed and the bag fits perfectly under the stroller. The extra change of clothes goes in a ziplock in my messenger bag very neatly folded. I don't like to carry more than I have to. I must add that I take a break and go back to my hotel room were I replenish any baby supplies as needed.
I suggest you pull together your baby "supplies" and "must haves" then it will be easier to narrow down your selection of bags. Weather you are ok with a traditional diaperbag, backpack, messenger or cinch pack:)

I second the Skip Hop Via! I love mine! It is so easy to have everything organized in there and very comfortable to carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter