Best device to bring- Ipad/Android/Laptop?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
Trying to keep the luggage light and bring the best electronic device for all needs. I will bring my smartphone regardless. In addition I have an Ipad, Android tablet (kindle and Nook), and just bought a travel sized laptop (Lenovo ideapad). All of them have Netflix, internet, MDE (if not the app then the website). Not sure which will have the best wifi connection and be the most versatile. I know the laptop can accept a micro sd card, but my camera uses a regular sd card, so not sure if that helps at all. Which one should I bring?

From your post I'm not at all sure just what your needs actually are. Can you clarify?
  • Do you need something to watch streaming video on? If so, is this just in your room?
  • Do you need something to download pictures from your camera? Is that the only thing you need?
  • Will you be accessing MDE while in the parks? Do you need to do more than that?
If your laptop accepts only a micro sd card but the camera requires a regular sd card, why not use the adapter that likely came with the micro sd card when using it in your camera.

Flat screen TV's have HDMI ports (so don't be like me and always forget the HDMI cord)

Otherwise I'm just thinking about the device that can successfully backup pictures and perform any of the photo editing you want. (iPad can be limited in available storage)
I'm guessing that to transfer pictures from camera to laptop, you would need to use the camera USB cable .. Or as just mentioned use microSD cards (with adaptor) in the camera
If you have a room balcony ... Try all 3 devices outside, in direct sunlight. You may want to choose the brightest one.

I've brought an iPad (mini) along the past couple trips and have found that I generally just use my smartphone for everything. The phones can handle Nook, Kindle, Netflix apps. I might just leave the iPad home next time. (Plus, I find that after spending most of the day and night at a park, I'm most interested in sleeping once I get back to a room)

If you do feel the need to bring something else, I would think an iPad or Android tablet would do the job. I'm not sure what the SD/microSD card issue is. If you're worried about filling up your phone or camera, just bring along another card and deal with it when you get home. The extra cards are cheap and you won't have to take the time transferring to a laptop or tablet...which can get time consuming.

We'd like to stream, have access to game apps and the internet while in the room. Need to choose which will work the best with the WDW wifi. We've never downloaded pics until after getting home, but its nice to have the option.

I don't think you'll have a huge difference with the devices concerning wi-fi. The Wifi will likely not be as good as you get at home, but it'll probably be passable.

I usually bring
-iPhone for in the parks
-iPad for web browsing, emails, etc. in room at resort
-Apple TV (and HDMI cable) for streaming content to TV in room at resort

We're not big into photography so we just use our iPhones with 128gb memory and that is usually more than enough. Also have iCloud backup in case we shoot a lot of video with phones as that cuts into storage pretty quickly.

Android tablets are not all equal.
I have an old, really cheap Android tablet with a terrible wifi antenna. But I'm sure any name brand tablet, like a Samsung Galaxy would be great.
All iPads are good with wifi.

I have a netbook that I used when I was traveling and a Kindle Fire tablet. If I could take just one, I would take the tablet and leave the netbook at home. Not only is it lighter, but for what I will use it for while on vacation (checking email, surfing the web, reading), the tablet is fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter