Best Deluxe to try for one night

TaylorsDad

DIS Veteran
We have a trip planned in August. Looks like we will be able to add 1 day at the beginning before heading to POP. We have stayed at the most of the values and a couple of the moderates. Normally we use the room only to sleep so we have never felt the need to upgrade at Disney.
This time we want to try a Deluxe just to see if it would be worth considering in the future. I thought about Animal Kingdom since I think my wife and daughter would enjoy seeing the animals. I would appreciate any and all other suggestions though.

Polynesian pixiedust:
beach-monorail-pools-views-music-Seven Seas Lagoon

Love the idea of Animal Kingdom Lodge as well
animals-pool-restaurants-music-smells from the kitchens :love:

Or Beach Club :beach: That's where I'm headed next :cool1:

The Poly!!!! We just returned from a 4 night stay and I have to say it was our BEST Disney hotel experience EVER! Very calm and relaxing

I would also recommend the AKL. We spent 1night there at the beginning if a trip a few years ago we totally enjoyed our time there.

Whichever you choose, i suggest taking as much time as possible to enjoy the resort. They really are experiences all on their own

Hope you have a wonderful time!!

We're actually staying at AKL for one night on our next trip in July! My wife and I both agree that it's our least favorite of all of the deluxes, but we're both excited to try out dinner and Jiko this time around.

I think AKL is a great pic. It's a lovely resort, has great restaurants, and animal viewing is fun. Only problem is you won't want to leave. ;)

We have a trip planned in August. Looks like we will be able to add 1 day at the beginning before heading to POP. We have stayed at the most of the values and a couple of the moderates. Normally we use the room only to sleep so we have never felt the need to upgrade at Disney.
This time we want to try a Deluxe just to see if it would be worth considering in the future. I thought about Animal Kingdom since I think my wife and daughter would enjoy seeing the animals. I would appreciate any and all other suggestions though.

My choice would be the Poly, although AKL is great as well. The Poly is great as the tropical atmosphere is relaxing, the beach is great for watching the fireworks, and it's nice walking around at night under the lit tiki torches. With that said, AKL is quiet (IMO) since it's kind of out away from everything and would be nice for a relaxing resort day. Good luck deciding, but I don't think you can go wrong with any of the deluxes.

poly or boardwalk would be great choices for their location IF you were going to go to the parks.

if I were staying only 1 night at a deluxe resort, I wouldn't go to the parks at all. so AK would be a great choice.

(now if it were adults only, I would say Boardwalk, so much to do there for adults.)

My vote is for Poly!

Have dinner at O'hana, watch the fireworks and water pageant from the beach (or room) and a great pool to swim in!!!

Easy access to MK and Epcot too!

WL. I think it's a great choice for your first dip into the deluxe pool. Lol. Boat ride to MK is awesome. You feel a million mies away, then you turn the corner and there's the Castle.

My vote is for Poly!

Have dinner at O'hana, watch the fireworks and water pageant from the beach (or room) and a great pool to swim in!!!

Easy access to MK and Epcot too!

I agreed with all of this.

Second choice would be CR theme park view :)

I've always wanted to stay at the Poly (hopefully next year!) but I'd be afraid after the one night, I wouldn't want to leave and end up tying myself to the nearest palm tree at checkout time! :eek: But that would be my vote! With AKL my second choice :)

AKL will be easier on your wallet, so it might be a good first deluxe experience. Having stayed at both AKL and Poly, it would be a tough choice between the two but... if you don't plan on using the monorail, then AKL all the way!! it really is a lovely resort.

again, if it is only one night, what dif. does it make how close it is to a park? why spend the money for the resort if you are going to spend the time at a park?

choose a resort you will spend the whole evening at. itmight be poly, with dinner at ohanas and wishes and the water pagaet fro mthe beach (or GF).

or if you choose one of the epcot resorts, you can watch parts of illuminations from the bridge between BC and BW, and you can watch the movies from the beach. there are many restaurants to eat at. beach club has stormalong bay, which you swim at until midnight the dayof check out.

but, with only one night, I wouldn't waste it at a park.

I would vote poly simply because you could watch the fireworks and have a nice relaxing evening at the resort.

I would stay at BC or YC to enjoy SAB and then walk the Boardwalk at night enjoying the live entertainers. Or sit on the beach and take in the movie and roast marshmallows. Maybe hit Beaches & Cream for dinner and/or ice cream. But mostly just hang around the pool, enjoying the slide, lazy river, pool games, music, drinks from Hurricane Hannah's .. all great in the August heat. A great way to transition into vacation mode. Maybe just hit Epcot for Illuminations. You'll love the walk over and quickly back to your hotel after.

Or, try the WL. That was our first deluxe as a family and we really enjoyed it. The pool/slide are not as expansive as at BC but still enjoyable. The grounds are just lovely, feel away from the hustle and bustle. Loved the geyser. Maybe hit MK for Wishes to enjoy the boat ride over.

Can't comment on AKL. Have not stayed there yet, but will be there for a couple of nights at the end of our BC vacation. No plans to hit the parks, just enjoy the resort, the pool, all the activities, animal viewing. Sort of a vacation from our vacation before we drive home. We did visit for a few hours last year on our way out of Disney and though enough of it to book it for this year.

Hope you have a great time wherever you end up.

Since it's only one night, I would choose a monorail resort or BC/YC. A monorail resort so you could take advantage of the monorail for the day or BC/YC so you all could take advantage of Stormalong Bay and the Boardwalk area for the day. Plus, the boat or walking ability to Epcot/DHS is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter