Best Deluxe Resort for family of 5?

kkayluvsdis

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

Our family usually stays at POR but my husband, in particular, is ready for a change. We'd love to try a deluxe resort for our next trip, but it's unclear to me which resorts can accommodate our family of five. We will be 2 adults and 3 kids, ages 8, 5 and 3 at time of travel.

Thanks in advance for your advice and opinions :)

-Kelly :wizard:

The Poly can. When we stayed there last July my 16 YO DD slept on the sofa bed and loved it.

Hi All,

Our family usually stays at POR but my husband, in particular, is ready for a change. We'd love to try a deluxe resort for our next trip, but it's unclear to me which resorts can accommodate our family of five. We will be 2 adults and 3 kids, ages 8, 5 and 3 at time of travel.

All of them except WL and AKL can accommodate 5. The WL does have a deluxe CL room that rooms 6 but it is pricey.

The monorail resorts (Poly, CR, and GF) have the largest rooms. :goodvibes

Do you know when the renovations will be completed at the Poly?

Look on Tikiman web site. He has masses of info about construction dates. By August main pool will be completed, and they'll start work on the East (quiet) pool.

GF is great, and has a super cute Alice in Wonderland splash play area for kids, and you're 1 monorail stop from MK. With the age of your kids I guess you'll be spending lots of time there.
CR is convenient but IMO theming is meh.

Hi All,

Any of the monorail resorts or Epcot resorts will work as all of those accommodate 5, with the monorail resort rooms being among the largest of the deluxe resorts (and all of those rooms come with a daybed). I think most rooms at BWI have a daybed, but not all rooms at the BC/YC come with one. Parties of 5 are given preference for those rooms, but it's not guaranteed you will get one; however, a roll away would be provided if you don't get a daybed. With that said, we have stayed at the GF, Poly, and BC and we found the rooms to be considerably larger at the GF/Poly than at the BC. With a family of 5, I would definitely recommend a monorail resort for the larger room. As far as which one, our favorite is the Poly, but the GF runs a very close second :goodvibes.

Do you know when the renovations will be completed at the Poly?

The main pool is scheduled to reopen in March, at which time the quiet pool is scheduled to go down for a refurb. There will still be DVC/bungalow construction going on in May, but I think most of the major construction will be done with most of the work going on at that time being more inside/finish work ;).

My choice would be BC. Lots of space, beautifully decorated, the pool, walk to EPCOT, lots of dining choices and the beach. All good for a family of 5!

Hi All,

I would pick your deluxe resort based on where you spend the most time. If you tend to spend the majority of your time at MK, then pick CR, Poly or GF. If you will spend most time at Epcot, go with BW, BC, YC. If you spend a mix at both, I'd go with the Poly, since you can monorail to MK and walk to TTC to hop on Epcot monorail.

All but AK and WL offer 2 queen beds and a twin daybed. Epcot resorts tend to be cheaper than MK resorts.

Another option is Caribbean Beach Resort. It's a moderate that has been remodeled to accommodate families of 5. A pull down bed just like POR.

Have fun planning!

We are a family of 5 with young kids and stayed at the Poly one year and CR this last time.

My kids LOVE CR and always ask if we can stay there when we go back. I like the "when" part!

It really was a very easy place to stay. Compact, great transportation options, and the rooms are very large and nicely decorated. We had TPV in January with a big discount. Totally worth the upgrade in that situation! We like the dining options and the monorail performed perfectly for our stay.

Poly is gorgeous and my kids loved the pool, but for some reason CR really appealed to them...even though they did NOT enjoy the walk over to MK. They always wanted the monorail. Shoot, we even stayed CL at the Poly and that isn't enough to change their minds.

For what it's worth, I want to stay at GF next time. So pretty and great dining. My family doesn't want to give up the monorail so the EPCOT resorts, along with the smaller rooms, just don't appeal as much to them. I've read a lot of negative bus stories, too. Easy, entertaining if not quick, transport is key for us.

Would you consider a cabin at FW? They accommodate 6 and have a full kitchen. The Fort is a great place for kids--a lot of fun free or inexpensive extras. Horseback/pony rides, campfire sing along with chip & dale, bike rentals etc. Renting a golf cart isn't required--but alot of fun-- esp for kids.

I agree to pick resort based on your preferred park.

For Epcot, BC for kids your age (pool) and BWI for older. I'm not interested in YC.

For MK, CR or Poly, depending on discount. GF is usually too $$ for my taste.

Would you consider a cabin at FW? They accommodate 6 and have a full kitchen. The Fort is a great place for kids--a lot of fun free or inexpensive extras. Horseback/pony rides, campfire sing along with chip & dale, bike rentals etc. Renting a golf cart isn't required--but alot of fun-- esp for kids.

Have to agree FW is a hidden gem few think about. There is so much to do there, it is very relaxing with all the comforts of a hotel.

Have to agree FW is a hidden gem few think about. There is so much to do there, it is very relaxing with all the comforts of a hotel.

Doing a split stay 3 nights at GF and 3 nights at FW - and looking forward to both parts equally!

Tom

Hi All,

I would stay at the BC or YC - those are our favorite resorts and they sleep 5. Your kids will LOVE the pool. We also love that you can walk to EPCOT and a boat to HS. We always got a daybed in our room. Our kids love the daybed.

I'm partial to the yacht and beach clubs- nice value- can walk to epcot, take a water taxi to HS. nice and upscale, yet a bit less expensive- biggest drawback is lack of CS options in the hotels. GREAT pool with a shallow sand bottom section your kids won't want to leaver to go see Mickey Mouse!

Our family of 5 stayed at the Beach Club when we went a couple of years ago. We picked this resort based on:

1. the pool
2. the restaurants
3. the room
4. the grounds

We all were pleased with our choice.

We are a family of 5 and have stayed
POR
Ploy
GFV
BWV

I would suggesting renting points and staying at a 1 bedroom villa. Decide were you want and find a Villa location. We found the cost less then a room at a deluxe. It is great to have a kitchen and laundry. Love so much bought BWV in May.

We have stayed at the Contempory. Plenty of room, it is on the monorail, great dining options and if your lucky you can see wishes from your room.

Poly! We have stayed with our 3 at the ages you have. It is: so easy for transport... You can't beat the access to both resort and Epcot monorail. Beautiful grounds, great pool, fabulous beach to watch movie on. We are only trying a new Deluxe because the main pool is closed during our stay.

I would pick your deluxe resort based on where you spend the most time. If you tend to spend the majority of your time at MK, then pick CR, Poly or GF. If you will spend most time at Epcot, go with BW, BC, YC. If you spend a mix at both, I'd go with the Poly, since you can monorail to MK and walk to TTC to hop on Epcot monorail.

All but AK and WL offer 2 queen beds and a twin daybed. Epcot resorts tend to be cheaper than MK resorts.

Another option is Caribbean Beach Resort. It's a moderate that has been remodeled to accommodate families of 5. A pull down bed just like POR.

Have fun planning!

Such great advice. We stayed at the Poly for the first time in 2013 before all of the construction and loved being able to walk to the TTC and hop on the monorail to EPCOT. We also loved the monorail to MK. We are staying GF this month because of all the construction at the Poly, but cannot wait to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter