Best Deluxe at Christmas time?

Princess Jasmine

Mouseketeer
What do you think is the best deluxe resort to stay at for the holidays? We have never been at that time of the year and are looking for opinions on the best decorations and overall holiday feeling.

Thanks.:)

I've never been clear on whether or not the Wilderness Lodge is actually a Deluxe resort, but if it is then its my favorite by far. The giant log cabin feel is really cool. It just feels more wintery/christmasy in general and especially once they decorate for the holidays.

WL is concidered a deluxe resort by Disney, as is reflected in the room cost.

The GF was incredible to see last December with the tree and gingerbread house. We had dinner at 1900 Fare and then wondered around looking and getting pictures of everything before taking the boat back to our FW Cabin were we stayed and also saw GREAT decorations throughout the campground that the kids absolutely loved, but definitely a different feel that the GF :)

I'm personally partial to the Wilderness Lodge, but the GF is pretty spectacular. Wherever you decide to stay, it is worth your time to visit the other hotels to see their decorations. They are all so different, and all beautiful.

The WL is wonderful at Christmas time!!! It is so warm, cozy and Christmasy feeling. WE have stayed there a couple times at that time of year and it was great! Have a warm drink and sit in front of the fireplace and listen to the wonderful music that they play in the lobby. They also have groups that sing in the lobby on various dates and it all adds to the Holiday feeling.

The GF is decorated nicely and we have been there to check it out too. We like the more personal and homey feel of WL over GF.

Have a great trip and enjoy where ever you stay! WDW is great during the Holidays!

The WL.

Most of the resorts are spectacular. My two favs are the GF and WL...but WL wins out because it's more "homey" to me. It's just, to me, the "ultimate" x-mas resort....cozy, woodsy, quiet. The decorations are very traditional. It's hard to put into words, exactly. It FEELS like Christmas, you know?

GF feels like a "high class" version of Christmas to me....very nice, very pretty, but not as "approachable". Almost like you're in your rich aunts living room, at her Christmas party, and you're a) afraid you're not going to fit in with the crowd and b) you're going to break something if you sneeze in it's direction.

The WL would be my favorite for Christmas time. We stayed there this past Dec. from the 16-23. It was just amazing and beautiful. It just screams Christmas!!

WL gets my vote. The lobby and rooms are so cozy. You really feel like you are in the woods, high up in the mountains.

Blakely

WL

huge awesome christmas tree in lobby. awesome decorations...has that nice, midwestern mountain xmas feeling

Last December, they were all beautiful. The only one we didn't have time to see was WL, but I actually though Boardwalk was gorgeous.

WL is so beautiful...the theming of the resort is perfect for the holidays and the way they decorate is gorgeous

wl gets my vote....it has to be when you walk into the resort and see that beautiful tree...wow

are therre ever any ap rates over the christmas holiddays. or should i go ahead and book what i want now so that i am guaranteed my choice of resort...it IS CHRISTMAS afterall! so i want it to be perfect! and if we have to pay rack rate then so be it!:santa:

Beach Club is beautiful for Christmas, the carosel in the lobby, all the poinsettia christmas trees. It's my fav by far! :santa:

are therre ever any ap rates over the christmas holiddays. or should i go ahead and book what i want now so that i am guaranteed my choice of resort...it IS CHRISTMAS afterall! so i want it to be perfect! and if we have to pay rack rate then so be it!:santa:

Do it!! :laughing: It is Christmas afterall!

The only two resorts I've been having trouble getting AP rates for close to Christmas is the GF & WL. So that says it all. Book now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter