• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best deck choice

Flundr

Earning My Ears
My family and I are going on the Western cruise next summer and are wondering which is the best deck to have a room on??? My sister got ajoining rooms on deck 2 for her, my brother and four kids. Our room is on deck seven, inside deluxe, my 13 year old son is against even a port hole! Should we try to move our room to the lower deck? Thank you, I love this forum it is so great, but makes me sad I have so long to wait.

If you are worried about sea sickness at all, the lower you go on the ship the better. It's also usually cheaper to go lower. We were on deck 2 and thought it was great.

the best deck onboard it the one you will be on. pools are deck 9 along with some food. the main dinning areas area decks 3 and 4. we always like deck 6. so close to everything. and ofcouse don't worry to much about seasickness. the ship is fine. you might feel the movement of the ship on the first day but that should be it.

The primary factor is how much you can afford and/or want to spend. But we stayed on deck 5 and thought it was great. It's not a deck crammed full of staterooms, so it was quiet and felt less congested. It's on the same deck as the kids' clubs, which they thought was great. We were right by the WD Theater and shops, making for very quick access. And the deck overlooks the atrium, which the kids also liked. Finally, deck 5 is the midway point, so it felt close to just about everything. We frequently took the stairs to various places instead of waiting for the slow elevators.

We chose Deck 6 for the verandah. But it depends on what you like. I would stay higher, but that is my preference. Are you sure you are going on a Western next summer. I think the Magic is on the West Coast.

Best is a highly subjective word.

We were on deck 2 very far forward in a category 9 room, and we thought it was great. We definitely felt the ship's motion, but we were not prone to seasickness and we slept like babies. If you're concerned about seasickness, this might not be the best area for you.

We're going for a balcony cabin next time (probably category 6 since the category 5s only hold 3 people), and we'll request deck 5 far aft. Our children will be old enough to enjoy some independence, and we think it'll be good to have them nearby the kids' clubs for self-check-in/out. Also, we believe we'd like aft because we could run right up the stairs to the buffet and/or the drink station.

We have been on deck 6 on both of our DCL cruises and loved it! The pools and activities are not too far of a walk up a few flights of stairs, the Oceaneer's Club was just one floor down, and the restaurants and theaters were a short walk down a few flights of stairs. We found that depending on the time of day, elevators can be very hard to come by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter