• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best deal you got on flights SEA to LGBorSNA??

8timesblessed

Mouseketeer
We are taking our kids to DL Dec 1-10 and I've been looking at flights. Just curious what the best deal was that you got. Last year I got the cyber Monday deal on tickets and made a special trip with our youngest and was able to get back money for tickets I had purchased for my DH and I to go in early December. It was $40 each way. But now with prices higher I'm wondering what's the best deal?? Right now on Jetblue it's $80 with tax each way.

My best was $59 each way SEA-SNA. That was Dec 2010 trip so bought in fall?

Alaska also has flights into Long Beach that are often considerably cheaper than into SNA.

Also, it might be worth considering Virgin America into LAX. They often have some screaming deals (we flew into San Fran in February for $49 each way!!!). I swear, they have some sort of sale every couple of weeks. LAX is a pain, but if the price is right, it might be worth it.

We leave December 2 and are flying into Long Beach via Alaska. We got 4 tickets for under $750 total with taxes. I did see that Jet Blue was also having $79 each way and you get a free bag check with them. We didn't wait to see if prices dropped because our dates aren't flexible and with the the price of gas I figure airlines will be raising their prices.

I find Alaska Airlines has really good deals. Often their packages are great deals too.

I ditto the Alaska/LGB flight. I go to DL 3 times per year. I fly from Spokane. I check the prices for Alaska and Southwest going to SNA or LGB. I get the best price on Alaska/LGB....plus I LOVE LGB. That is my airport of choice when flying to DL. I will even pay more for my flight if necessary just to go there.

Jet Blue doesn't yet fly out of Spokane, so I can't compare it.

I am flying down in June. To fly into LGB was $200 less than flying to SNA.

I drive down from Vancouver, BC to fly out of Bellingham using Alaska. Thanks to everyone here and there discussion I will probably be flying out of SNA to LGB. Found it for $80 each way. Most Americans probably aren't aware of the price difference people in Canada pay to fly out of our cities down to the US. Currently 62% of all people flying out of Bellingham are Canadians.

I find Alaska Airlines has really good deals. Often their packages are great deals too.

The packages are phenominal. I find cheaper flights through allegiant, but after you add the hotel on the packages through Alaska are better priced. I use them for bellingham to vegas.

In Dec 2010 we paid $49 or $59 each way out of SEA into LGB. Sorry I can't remember exactly but $49 is ringing a louder bell. ;)
We drive down from BC to fly out of Seattle. Much cheaper! :thumbsup2

We always fly Alaska into SNA. Never have paid more than $200 round trip. It would be nice to get one of the $49 fares but it never seems to work out with our schedule.

We also have the Alaska Visa card and you get one companion fare per year. It was at one time $50 round trip but they changed it to $100.

One thing to keep in mind with Alaska is that they have something called a "price guarantee". I haven't used it myself, but according to the website, if they advertise a cheaper fare, you can get the difference credited to your account for a future flight. It wouldn't help if you you're doing a once in a lifetime trip, but if you fly more frequently, its just like getting the difference as cash! As soon as I saw that I was able to book my flights ($99 each way from Bellingham) without having to stress whether it will go up or down, since our dates aren't flexible. It feels to me like the best of both worlds!

One thing to keep in mind with Alaska is that they have something called a "price guarantee". I haven't used it myself, but according to the website, if they advertise a cheaper fare, you can get the difference credited to your account for a future flight. It wouldn't help if you you're doing a once in a lifetime trip, but if you fly more frequently, its just like getting the difference as cash! As soon as I saw that I was able to book my flights ($99 each way from Bellingham) without having to stress whether it will go up or down, since our dates aren't flexible. It feels to me like the best of both worlds!

I've done this twice now, and it works beautifully! It's all electronic and pretty easy to follow.

JetBlue offers the same deal.

Don't forget to factor the luggage cost when comparing between JetBlue and Alaska. For my family, it makes a big difference.

It never seems to be cheaper to fly Southwest from the NW to CA unfortunately. You have to pay tax on each leg of the flight, and there are rarely nonstop flights that are cost comparable.

Best deal I found last year was $77 each way into SNA from SEA on Alaska. I booked it March 2011 for October 2011 travel. And I thought that was a good deal! Have seen nothing like it this year. Currently shows $179 one way, and that's midweek travel! Have been looking for months now.
How far is LGB from Disneyland versus SNA? Flights seem considerably cheaper into LGB...

About the same. We always rent a car, and I REALLY prefer the drive from LGB.

SNA to DL is freeway driving....insanity; but it is a few minutes quicker.

LGB to DL is surface streets......pull out of the airport parking lot, take a right, go until you get to Harbor Blvd, take a right, take a left into the BWPPI parking lot.....ahhhhhhh, no stress. The nice part also, is that there are several grocery stores along the route for picking up snacks and beer.

Best deal I found last year was $77 each way into SNA from SEA on Alaska. I booked it March 2011 for October 2011 travel. And I thought that was a good deal! Have seen nothing like it this year. Currently shows $179 one way, and that's midweek travel! Have been looking for months now.
How far is LGB from Disneyland versus SNA? Flights seem considerably cheaper into LGB...

Well I ended up doing it the next night and got 6 tickets at $160 RT and then the prices went up. When I would enter more then 3 it would raise the price so my husband entered 3 tickets and I entered 3 tickets on different computers and we hit submit at the same time. The next 4 tickets we paid $203 for but we wanted to make sure our seats were all together and since there are only 70 seats and we needed 10 we figured it was worth it. I was looking yesterday and saw the price was $10 less on those tickets and submitted the claim and got back $40 to use on a future flight.

Flying into LGB is way cheaper right now for some reason. I liked it better then SNA. They fly over the water and the airport is right there and SNA you have to go close to the mountains and I found there was alot of turbulence and the shuttle driver was crazy.

We haven't found a cheap way to shuttle us all there but I know I have time to work on that.

After we purchased the price just keeps going up. Jetblue went up the next day and hasn't come down yet. It was $80 each way and now it's $90 and $105.

JetBlue offers the same deal.

Have you done this on Jet blue? Right now it's cheaper then Alaska for our dates but the only price guarantee I see on their web site is if you find a better deal the same day you booked, maybe I missed it....help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter