Best Deal on Laundry Soap

KennedyMcKenna

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

I just love the budget board and thought this would be the best place to ask a savings question. Where is the best place this week to buy laundry soap. I'm not looking for a name brand unless it's a great deal. I don't have a coupons, so if there are IPs, that's great. If not, where is this week's best deal on soap!!

Thanks everyone!:grouphug:

I don't know who has the best deal, but I can give you a tip about how to make what you do buy last a lot longer. Truth is that you usually do not need to use as much detergent as the bottle/box says too. I use about half as much and my clothes come out perfectly clean. I also don't have to use the extra rinse cycle, which saves water and electricity. I only use the full amount if I'm washing super dirty/smelly clothes.

try budget101.com

Look on the left, there is a link called "grocery guide." Key in your zip code, then it will bring up stores. Check off the stores you normally shop at, this will bring up a list of items that are on sale in your area and they are separated by department (health & beauty, meat, dairy, snack, etc.) Another handy tip when you have this open is to hit CTRL & F, this will bring up a search bar and just type what you are looking for (detergent), then hit the down arrow button and you will automatically go to the detergent in the list. It will tell you who has it on sale and for how much. Be careful if you use Meijer though and double check with their online ad. It doesn't always update Meijer for some odd reason.

I don't know who has the best deal, but I can give you a tip about how to make what you do buy last a lot longer. Truth is that you usually do not need to use as much detergent as the bottle/box says too. I use about half as much and my clothes come out perfectly clean. I also don't have to use the extra rinse cycle, which saves water and electricity. I only use the full amount if I'm washing super dirty/smelly clothes.

Thank you kindly! That's a great tip!:yay:

try budget101.com

Look on the left, there is a link called "grocery guide." Key in your zip code, then it will bring up stores. Check off the stores you normally shop at, this will bring up a list of items that are on sale in your area and they are separated by department (health & beauty, meat, dairy, snack, etc.) Another handy tip when you have this open is to hit CTRL & F, this will bring up a search bar and just type what you are looking for (detergent), then hit the down arrow button and you will automatically go to the detergent in the list. It will tell you who has it on sale and for how much. Be careful if you use Meijer though and double check with their online ad. It doesn't always update Meijer for some odd reason.

Thanks a ton! I'll go there now!!:banana:

I'm loving the new 3-in-1 sheets by Purex (and Clorox) The single sheet contains detergent, fabric softener, and then goes into the dryer as a dryer sheet:idea:AMAZING. No bulky plastic, no drippy mess and the savings are awesome. I'm getting 24 for $6.99 at our local CUB store. I've packed them for DS and DD to use at college and they're stoked because of the convenience. I've used them in all temps and with all types of loads delicate to heavy. I believe they come in 3 scents plus no-scent.

try budget101.com

What a great website. I can't wait to use it for my next grocery shopping trip.

I always get my laundry detergent at Sears. It is a powdered detergent that has Oxy Clean in it. It used to come in tubs, but now it comes in a box. I usually get it anywhere from $15-$20 and it usually lasts me about 4 months. (It is just DH and I, and I do about 4-6 loads of laundry a week) This is it:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...me=Washers+&+Dryers&sName=Parts+&+Accessories

It's not really scented and it does a great job of getting my clothes clean.
Christina

I justed saved $5.00 on Tide at BJS. The BJS coupon book had a $4. coupon and I had a mfg coupon for $1.00. So I got a bottle with 110 loads for $15 or 14 cents a load.

If you want to be a bit more adventurous you can make your own http://www.recipezaar.com/Homemade-Laundry-Detergent-70088! I have made this recipe 4 times and it works great.
You use 1 cup per load, you make enough for 80 loads. Depending on how much the ingredients cost in your area it will be about 4-5 cents a load.

Another option, if you have a Sam's Club membership, buy Wind Fresh powered detergent, 200 loads for $14.42 at my local club (about 7 cents a load).

Another money saving tip I use is to cut your dryer fabric softener sheets in half (I know lots of people don't even use these but I love them). I buy the 400 pack at Sam's Club (Member's Mark brand) for $7.28 and cut them, making 800.

:laundy::laundy::laundy::laundy:

Thank you everyone for these wonderful ideas! I think everyone is getting some great ideas. I know I am! I:lovestruc the DIS!

Thanks for posting the Budget 101 site!:thumbsup2 I will be adding that site to my favorites!

I'm loving the new 3-in-1 sheets by Purex (and Clorox) The single sheet contains detergent, fabric softener, and then goes into the dryer as a dryer sheet:idea:AMAZING. No bulky plastic, no drippy mess and the savings are awesome. I'm getting 24 for $6.99 at our local CUB store. I've packed them for DS and DD to use at college and they're stoked because of the convenience. I've used them in all temps and with all types of loads delicate to heavy. I believe they come in 3 scents plus no-scent.

I love the new 3-in-1 sheets too! So convenient! Smell great, space saver, and no static cling! Love em!!!:thumbsup2

I use the Sear's as well, when it goes on sale! It gets the clothes clean except the towels always seem to have a musty smell...so it's back to Tide for them. I think with our hard well water that has a lot to do with it, even though we have a ton of the line softer and water conditioner the clothes aren't as fresh smelling since we moved. When we had city water I could use any detergent with no issues.

For the PP who said towels still smelled musty: try adding vinegar to the rinse water. It works great and I promise your towels won't smell like pickles. :) Borax or baking soda help with musty smells, too. We spent a week at summer camp in the rain this year as counselors and everything was damp and musty. Blech.

For the PP who said towels still smelled musty: try adding vinegar to the rinse water. It works great and I promise your towels won't smell like pickles. :) Borax or baking soda help with musty smells, too. We spent a week at summer camp in the rain this year as counselors and everything was damp and musty. Blech.

Oh I forgot to say that. In addition to only using about half the amount called for, I also add a cup of baking soda (for a full load, less for smaller loads). This boosts the cleaning ability of the detergent. I buy 10 pound bags of baking soda at Costco for about $6. I also refill my fridge/freezer baking soda boxes from the bigger bag rather than buying small boxes for $1 each, and I use it for cleaning along with vinager. I can't remember the last time I bought bottled chemical cleaners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter