Best day to drive to and from San Diego zoo from DLR?

corinne76

DIS Veteran
I'm sure there's really no *great* day since it's a pretty long drive. We are planning on staying in Anaheim Sat to Sat, and we're pretty open to what day we go to the zoo.

I'm sure there's really no *great* day since it's a pretty long drive. We are planning on staying in Anaheim Sat to Sat, and we're pretty open to what day we go to the zoo.
Well if you want to see as much as you can of the zoo pick a weekday since it will be less busy. When you get there start with the Pandas if you want to see them, the line will just get longer the longer you wait in the day.

I will say that the zoo is pretty huge and not easy to do in one day. We did it in two when we went a few weeks ago because we were exhausted of the walking (no not really more walking then disneyland but disneyland is flat. The zoo is not flat. We didn't have any strollers but if you do that would be even worse) and things were getting more crowded so we left, but that first day was a Saturday so we may have been able to do the whole thing if it wasn't a weekend. Our other day was a Monday and it was MUCH less busy.

Thanks! I had heard that it's hilly. We are bringing a stroller but the kids will be 7 and 4, and do walk most of the time.

We plan to go in October, and it looks like the zoo will close at 6. If we get there early, is that going to be enough time? I really don't want to have to spend one night in San Diego

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter