Best day for water park?

c3h3a3r

c3h3a3r
Apologies (again) if this is in the wrong place, but are there 'any' best days for the Disney water parks? Or days to avoid? TIA

Go later in the day for the Water Parks --after 2 p.m., and overcrowding is usually not a problem on any day at either of the water parks.

We only went one time to TL is late July. Frist 2 hours and last 2 hours were great. Middle of the day was crowded.

I have been to TL three times and BB once over the years.... my advice is to be there at park opening. It is easiest to get chairs/umbrellas then head for the slides. Last time we got on all the different versions of Crush n Gusher, some of the bigger slides and a trip around the lazy river BEFORE it got busy. During the mid day busy time we were resting in our chairs and hanging in the wave pool.

I have never gone on a weekend day, we have gone on week days. TL is super fun, definitely worth the effort of going.

Weekend days may be busier because locals might have waterpark annual passes. I'd recommend weekdays for that reason.

Getting to the waterpark at opening lets you take advantage of shorter lines for the slides for the first couple of hours. As lines get longer, I switch to the lazy river. Also, be aware that there are often brief afternoon storms in Florida. If there's thunder, I think they close the water parks until the thunder passes.

I don't know when you are going but we were just there in the middle of January. They kept closing the water park due to being to cold. (typhoon was closed for refurb all month). We were starting to regret adding the water park option before we left home. On one of our off park days it just happened to be open and was 69-70 degrees that day so we decided what they hey will will at least give it a try since we paid for it. THANK GOODNESS we did!! we were 2 of 13 people in the park that day!!! we literally had the whole park to ourselves. The lifeguard said we rented the park to ourselves and were outnumbered lifeguards to guests 5 to 1. LOL It was a highlight of our trip. The water is heated and we are from Oregon so it just felt lieka warm spring day to us. :) It even poured rain for about 15 minutes but we were floating in the river and just laughed the whole time. They will close it if thunder starts but it never did.
So if you happen to be going when it is colder out go anyway!!!! The water is heated like bath water!!

Thank you all for your replies. We are going at the end of July, so the water temp won't be be an issue, but afternoon thunder storms might. Any idea roughly how long the park gets shut down for if there is thunder?

I think there has to be 30 min without thunder or lightning before attractions will re-open. All the more reason to get there at park opening. You can do a lot before noon.

We've found Sunday to Wednesday days to be the least crowded. We always arrive at opening and take a lunch break at noon when crowds start to pick up, by 1:30pm-2pm the park empties out pretty quickly.

Go early in the week if you can. People start there vacations on the weekend (mostly) and focus on the parks (mostly) sunday through Wednesday, then start looking for something else to do. If you arrive on Saturday, I'd do theme park on Sunday a water park on Monday, a theme park on Tuesday, and the other water park on Wednesday. Even if you only go for half the day and to a theme park the other half, the waterparks break up the touring and allow some muscles to rest while you use others. The waterparks are by no mean a break though, unless you only do the lazy river and hang out in a lounge chair.

We are lucky enough to be doing a 14 night trip, which I did have planned out but think I need to take another look at it. This will be our second (and last) trip, so I just want it to go as smoothly as possible. Thank you all for your feedback :)

Go early in the week if you can. People start there vacations on the weekend (mostly) and focus on the parks (mostly) sunday through Wednesday, then start looking for something else to do. If you arrive on Saturday, I'd do theme park on Sunday a water park on Monday, a theme park on Tuesday, and the other water park on Wednesday. Even if you only go for half the day and to a theme park the other half, the waterparks break up the touring and allow some muscles to rest while you use others. The waterparks are by no mean a break though, unless you only do the lazy river and hang out in a lounge chair.
OMG, that is our plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter