Best Day for SW and Aquatica

jillyb

DIS Veteran
So, I've had a change of plans. Originally was going to do 4 days at Universal/IoA/Volcano Bay, 1 day at SW and 1 day at Aquatica for me, my DD and my GrandD. I've had to change those plans to 2 days at SW and 1 day at Aquatica.

I have booked a room at the Doubletree by Hilton at SeaWorld. Dates are 08/17 - 08/20. I will be driving from NC so will probably leave at 11:00 p.m on the 16th for arrival at approximately 8:00 a.m./9:00 a.m. on the 17th. Plan is to do SW on the 17th for 1/2 day or so then back to Doubletree for early dinner and bed. I was thinking of doing our 2nd SW day on the 18th and doing Aquatica on the 19th but got to thinking it might be busy since it's a Saturday. Would it be better to do Aqauatica on the 18th and SW on the 19th? Or is it a wash since both are weekend days?

Aquatica will be very busy on the weekends during the hot weather months. I would strongly recommend purchasing Quick Queue at Aquatica on August weekends .... it will be money well spent. Roa's Rapids, Big Surf Shores, and Loggerhead Lane will all still be busy (and feel full), but at least you'll be able to do some sliding with more manageable waits.

Aquatica will be very busy on the weekends during the hot weather months. I would strongly recommend purchasing Quick Queue at Aquatica on August weekends .... it will be money well spent. Roa's Rapids, Big Surf Shores, and Loggerhead Lane will all still be busy (and feel full), but at least you'll be able to do some sliding with more manageable waits.

Thanks for the response! Yeah, it wasn't until after the fact that I thought about it being busy. Would it be better to do Aquatica on the 18th (Friday) or is it going to be busy just because of the time of the year?

I've seen the Quick Queue for SeaWorld that can be pre-purchased with tickets but have been unable to find a Quick Queue option for Aquatica. Does that have to be purchased at the park?

Thanks for the response! Yeah, it wasn't until after the fact that I thought about it being busy. Would it be better to do Aquatica on the 18th (Friday) or is it going to be busy just because of the time of the year?

I've seen the Quick Queue for SeaWorld that can be pre-purchased with tickets but have been unable to find a Quick Queue option for Aquatica. Does that have to be purchased at the park?

Friday might be moderately less busy. Google the Dibb's 'busy day calendar' to see if where it lists Aquatica for the three days you'll be in town. I find that is a pretty accurate resource when selecting which parks to visit on which day(s).

QQ for Aquatica is seasonal, and generally only available May through September (or thereabouts). You probably won't see too much regarding it on the website until later on this spring.

Friday might be moderately less busy. Google the Dibb's 'busy day calendar' to see if where it lists Aquatica for the three days you'll be in town. I find that is a pretty accurate resource when selecting which parks to visit on which day(s).

QQ for Aquatica is seasonal, and generally only available May through September (or thereabouts). You probably won't see too much regarding it on the website until later on this spring.

Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter