• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BEST DAY..... EVER (well 3 days really) pt 1 - Getting there and Studio Park

Sounds like an amazing trip and that you had a brilliant time, full of wonderful experiences. It reminds me just how powerful the magic of Disney is.

Can't wait for Day 3!

And thanks for your contribution Rachel!

What a perfect birthday for any little princess :goodvibes

She looks so happy in Auberge :)

Thanks Ms Poppins - pressure is on for waht to do next year - amd thinking of doing a Mad hatter's Tea Party and hiring those fairgraound teacup rides you see.

Loving your updates, looks like you had a magical time!

We did it was beyond magical

oh wow oh wow - what a lunch. Soooooo jelous.... It must have been so much fun :lovestruc there's alittle princess in me after all :cutie: perfect birthday :cloud9:

Disney makes merories like this so easy though don't they!!! Final day is coming up

Day 3 and coming home

Another wake up call from Mickey ( I could never tire of that – a sure fire way to wake with a smile on your face) and we were up dressed, packed and out of our room by 7.30am after dumping our bags we took a stroll round the lake to Café Mickey for breakfast.

I am not sure how successful this breakfast was. We were seated well before 8 (downstairs only) and there were a couple of large groups there too. The food was fine but the characters didn’t come out till 8.30. They both (Eeyore and Goofy) went to the same area and as there had been families waiting to leave they were absolutely swamped. It was nearly 9,30 by the time they got to us. The characters themselves were amazing.

Goofy played with Isabelle’s Minnie Mouse doll and hugged her so much.
DSC01698.jpg

But the star was Eeyore, Isabelle just fell in love with him. She was particularly touched by the fact that he couldn’t write, but he got Hubby to write his name in Belle’s autograph book. Once she finished hugging him we made our excuse and left – if we had waited around for any more characters we would never have left.

A quick frog march to the Park and straight to Buzz Light year and then on to Orbitron, I am not sure why but Isabelle loved Dumbo the previous day so we figured why not. Izzy and I were in one space ship and DH was in front of us. By Jolly by jingo it goes high!!!! DH and DD loved it and DH managed to get a video of us for the whole ride.

Back to Fantasyland and in the queue for Princess Pavilion before it opened up. I ran off to get FP’s for Peter Pan and as DD and DH were still waiting for the pavilion to open I ran off to get a hat – GRAVE ERROR!!!! The pavilion opened and DH foolishly let everyone go in front while he waited for me. The queue was ridiculous. We didn’t get to the princesses till 11:20 by which time our PP FP had expired. We saw Snow White (the same one from Auberge and she was lovely) and Sleeping Beauty – not so sure.
DSC01721.jpg

Annoyingly as we left Sleeping Beauty they switched her out for Tiana – would have much rather met her but never mind. I then joined the queue for Rapunzel and had a cheeky hug with Flynn Rider.

DSC01743.jpg

While I was in the line DD and DH got more FP for Peter pan and had a quick spin on the Tea Cups.

Rapunzel was a bit of a let down after the amazing one we met in WDW last year but I think she might actually be seeing Flynn in ‘real’ life as they proper kissed as he went off to work the crowds! :love:

DSC01751.jpg

After Peter Pan (which kept stopping while we were riding – terrified the kids behind us but meant we had some great photo ops!).

We had lunch in Toad Hall – mmm fish and chips but it was packed! And then time to hit the Railway. We took a complete circuit finally getting off at Main street. A slow stroll up to Frontierland, but there wasn’t really much there for us. So back to Fantasyland for more Carouseling and a walk through the castle and Dragon’s lair.
DSC01779.jpg

Not long till we needed to catch our train home so we decided to try out Autopia. But on the way we saw the Mad Hatter, Alice and the Queen of hearts
DSC01771.jpg

DSC01776.jpg

OMG I wish we had riden Autopia earlier as Isabelle absolutely loved it; it was probably her favourite ride.
DSC01796.jpg

We also took a walk through Mysteres Du Nautillus. What a waste. It is so gorgeous and detailed. I wish there had been a ride at the end of it.

Time to pick up a few last minute gifts and to get some photo’s printed and then time to leave.

The journey back to St Pancras was smooth – although we did have a family who appeared to have the same seats as us but as we were seated I left them to sort it out and when the manager came down later she said she hadn’t had anyone come to her about it, so hopefully they got it sorted or just had the wrong numbers. We sat eating leftover Birthday cake – really worth getting even if it isn’t your birthday!!

London was a nightmare and DD fell asleep on the Tube to Victoria so was a dead weight – compounded by signal delays leading to a 45 minute wait for a train and me having to bully a man out of his seat so that Hubby who was carrying DD could sit down. Still couldn’t get a train home so had to jump out at Gatwick and get a taxi. Still my amazing Sister and BiL had bought Milk and had walked the dog so we could have a cuppa and look at out photos…..

Gift bag opened, Photo album – Check, Hoody for Nephew – Check, Eeyore keyring for Isabelle – Check, Photos – NOT CHECK!!!! They hadn’t bee handed to me. Still don’t know if we will get our photos, we have emailed a scan of our receipts and other photo’s similar to the professional ones so we are now just hoping for the best!

I had an amazing time at DLP and DD is already planning our return. I am amazed at how much she took in

What a shame about your cafe Mickey mickey breakfast! I loved this TR it was so lovely to read x

Lovely TR - your DD is so sweet and seems like she was a great age to appreciate it all.

I know this is a very strange request but what autograph book are you using?

I know this is a very strange request but what autograph book are you using?

Fabulous one we got in Florda last year - one page for autograph, one for a photo - it is now FULL. Will take some photo's of it and post them later

K

Oh I thought it looked like a really nice one x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter