• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BEST DAY..... EVER (well 3 days really) pt 1 - Getting there and Studio Park

Jeffs76

Rapunzels Mum
DD's Birthday began early, with a Birthday meal at Pizza Hut (her choice) with nanny and Pops on Thursday night - which was convenient as it meant no cooking or washing up. Packing was nearly done and time for an early night.

Well that was a waste of time as I got hardly any sleep and was up and having a shower by 6.00am. Little one was up shortly after me and ran into the spare room to wake up Nanny and Pops (they were offon their own holiday on Sunday so had plenty of time to catch up on sleep). Soon we were trooting accross the road to the train station and on our way to St Pancras.

Lovely breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien at St P - very yummy breakfast and then on the train. AS DD was still 3 on the way out we didn't book a seat for her (it meant she travelled for free) but we were lucky enough to be on a set of 4 seats with a table and no-one else satwith us so we could spread out. I spent the next 2 hours panicing that I hadn't been given a Disney Express stocker and was going to miss out on this service. But eventually we got given our pack,luggage tags and our tickets
IMG_0201.jpg

Once we had handed over our bags we decied to use this half day to explore the Studio Park. It was chuffing freezing and a Friday and I am sure both of these contributed to the Park being nearly deserted. Our First ride was Flying carpets over Agrabah - no queue at all - and we stayed on for 2 goes.
DSC01415.jpg

Quick Photo op at the scream doors
DSC01406.jpg

Then on to the Cars ride - We loved this, once again we only queued for the previous ride to end.
DSC01426.jpg

We then saw the Main Mouse himself with only 2 people waiting to meet him. He was great with Isabelle and wrote Happy 4th Birthday Izzy in her book. He spent ages playing with her and we got some wonderfull photos
DSC01450.jpg
Standing nearby was Pluto and here I witnessed how appaling the French are at queuing. But I grew up in Hong Kong and have developed 'Elbows' for dealing with pushers - especially when they are grown men without kids with them (aided by Hubby and his fluent Frnech who told them exactly what he thought of them!)
DSC01461.jpg

Toyland next - and for us this was the best bit of the Studio Park. 5 consecutive goes on Slinky - sitting in the last car (his bum) Made me feel sick but DD was happy.
DSC01471.jpg
Followed by the amazing parachute drop. Still not sure if I loved this ride or was terrified by it.

We also visited Stitch Live! which was amazing, and the Art of Animation, I am amazed at how still DD sat for the class on how to draw Mickey Mouse but she was captivated and is drawing guide lines on everything now.

By 5pm we were pretty much done in and really wanted to keep the magic of the main Park for DD's birthday so we strolled to our hotel through Disney Village. DD saw the rainforest cafe and asked for dinner here - Spag Bol for her, Mixed grill for me and steak for Hubby - all very good with excellent service. But DD is at that awkward height where she is too big for a high chair or booster but too small for an adult chair - the benefit of this is that she is at just the right height for shovelling food directly for the plate in to her mouth.
IMG_0207.jpg

Now the plan of action for the Hotel (Sequoia Lodge BTW) was that DD and DH went wandering and exploring while I checked in (and secretly took the bags to the room and decorated with suprises) but I couldn't get the room keys to work so back and forth to the recpetion with all the bags. Then I got in the room but didn;t have the bag key. Then I could get back in the room, so back to reception by which time DD and DH fund me and I was proper seething with Anger. Lovely receptionist came back to the room and let us all in with her key and got us 6 more keys - only 2 of which worked and a helium ballon for DD for ruining her surprises. The room was great and DH distracted her with going to the loo while I set out her welcome present.
DSC01480.jpg

HUGE thanks to Rachel (rachandgary) for her help with all the creatives. DH also disappeared to get DD her night time hot chocolate and came back with this:
IMG_0217.jpg

My very first (and not my last this weekend either :tigger: ) Glowtini. My word it was Lush!!!

DD was quickly asleep but DH and I hid out in the loo blowing up balloons. When we decided to go to bed our selves (only 9pm french time :rolleyes1 ) we found DD like this
IMG_0218.jpg

Coming up waking up in Disneyland on your Birthday

YAY you have started! Kids sleep in the funnies positions dont they! x

YAY you have started! Kids sleep in the funnies positions dont they! x

The whole of a double bed and she sleeps in one tiny corner. But yes I have started and Day 2 is the best!!!! I kept thinking how much fun you and your DD are going to have in March.

what a wonderful birthday :love:

Thanks Isila, she certainly seemed to love it!

Aww I love that last photo!

Thank you - was the onlytime she was quiet the whole weekend.

The whole of a double bed and she sleeps in one tiny corner. But yes I have started and Day 2 is the best!!!! I kept thinking how much fun you and your DD are going to have in March.

DD has just started sleeping in funny positions like your DD in one tiny corner or on her front with her bum in the air lol!

I cant wait for your next update I dont think I have ever been so excited for a TR before!!!

xxx

Come back I need more I have been waiting all day! x

What a great first day. Really looking forward to hearing the rest:goodvibes

Day 2 – The Best Birthday ever – In fact I wish it had been my birthday (is that wrong?)

6..12 I wake up
6.34 Still the only person awake
6.57 Mumbles from DD
7.00 Phone rings.

I pass the phone to DD who is awake in a flash when she realises she is listening to a wake-up call from Mickey himself.

7.01 Lights on and Isabelle sees the extent of the midnight makeover to the room. Balloons everywhere, a pile of presents and cards plus Banners and a Winnie the Pooh Helium balloons (from the hotel for the ‘issues’ with the room key).
DSC01489.jpg

7.15 Presents open (a book, a Fleece lined Cinderella dress,Minnie Mouse Ears and a Ben and Holly Annual),
DSC01486.jpg

7.17 Cards Opened, Birthday money in the purse and New Cinderella Dress on!
DSC01497.jpg

7.30 Mum and dad have caught up with DD and we are ready to hit the park after breakfast…..
On our way to breakfast who do we see but Minnie!!! HOW exciting?
DSC01508.jpg

Quick Photo op and then hearts drop when we see the queues for brekkie – HSBC were having a conference at the Sequoia lodge and had taken over one of the breakfast rooms. DD and DH got in the queue while I went up to concierge to confirm a Birthday cake for Lunch. While passing the redwood lounge I notice breakfast is laid out and the place is deserted. I yell (in a classy and absolutely not like a fisherwife – honest) to DD and DH to come on up and with seconds we are seated next to the fire with a croissant and some Hot Chocolate. At some point I decide that a fleece will not be enough so DH runs back to get waterproofs all round, it doesn’t rain but it is that misty drizzly wetness ALL DAY and VERY VERY COLD.
A quick bus ride and we are at the gates of Disneyland Park, I can’t wait and neither can Isabelle. But before we can get to Fantasyland we need to make a detour via City Hall. If you have a special occasion DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. Christopher our CM was amazing, her overheard my say DD’s name and when I asked for a Birthday Badge he said,” are you Isabelle? We have been waiting for you. Someone phoned to speak to you earlier and left a message” he then ushered us in to a side room and handed the phone to Isabelle for a Happy Birthday Message from Mickey. So cute hearing Isabelle say Thank-you Mickey, and I will (I presume he told her to have a good day!)
DSC01511.jpg
Christopher then asked if we were staying for the Parade and would we like to watch itin the VIP area – er yes please I think you will find we do! So names down on the list and off to Fantasyland.
The park was a lot busier than studios the previous day and it wasn’t even 9.30. Time for some speed rides: Peter Pan’s Flight – I love it and could just go round and round all day. Just a 10 minute wait so we didn’t bother with fastpass. Marv and Isabelle then did Lancelot’s Carousel while I ran to get Fastpasses for Buzz Lightyear.
DSC01549.jpg

Then a quick spin (first of many) on It’s a Small World. Now I could bore you with the 30 odd photos I was instructed to take by a bossy newly 4 year old but then there would be no point n you going!
DSC01521.jpg

Time for Buzz, This was my favourite ride – 27900 on my first go WHILE filming DD and DH in the car behind me – GET IN!!! But even with fast pass we had to wait for 20 minutes, but so worth it.
Quick loo break – really not too bad for public conveniences – certainly nothing to complain about – clean, not too bad smelling, and lovely speed hand dryers and off to the BIG TREAT
Birthday Lunch at Auberge De Cendrillon:
This was booked from the Get Go. I knew that DD wouldn’t be taken by the food – she is a fussy eater in the morning and at Lunchtime. But equally this was an experience she would love, especially with the addition of a Birthday Cake.
Isabelle was already wearing her Cinderella Dress but we swapped her bug red snow-boots for party shoes and her jacket for a fluffy bolero and in we went. Suzy came over the greet Isabelle Straight away and took over the seating of us, proper fussing round Little one.
DSC01559.jpg

No sooner had we sat down than Cinderella and her main man came to talk to us – For AGES. (I actually wanted to order a drink by now!!!!)
DSC01569.jpg
Next up was Belle who asked Isabelle to dance with her and the two of them went floating off round the dance floor.
DSC01573.jpg

Dinner arrived, and for Hubby and I it was marvellous, and as for DD – well she liked the bread!!!!
Snow white soon came to visit too and chatted all about her autograph book, she was amazing actually and sat Hugging DD for such a long time.
DSC01584.jpg

Cinderella and Prince Charming then took to the Dance Floor for a quick spin. And Isabelle too herself off and plonked herself on the floor in between Belle and Suzy.
DSC01592.jpg

Shortly after this we had a visit – or hugfest from Perla ,
DSC01597.jpg

and then Cinderella, Prince C, Belle and Suzy came over with the waiters and waitresses singing Happy Birthday with DD’s Cake. She was completely overwhelmed (and is telling everyone the Cinderella made her cake).
DSC01606.jpg

A slice of the cake was put on each of our dessert plates and it was fabulous – and the puddings in general were all fab.
DSC01612.jpg

The meal was over too soon (well 2.5 hours actually) and we were under instructions from Snow White to visit her ride and find her dwarves. Went on the ride and Pinocchio both of which are harmless time passers!
Now for the ride I had been prepping DD for – Pirates of the Caribbean. Why oh Why is there no Fastpass for this???? The queue was long – 75 minutes and it was still drizzly. But I felt the ride was worth it – but DD said never again, but I am proud of her for being brave. Considering in May she wouldn’t go on any ride at Legoland she had made great progress. Back to Fantasyland for a go on Dumbo – but just as we got near the front DD announced she needed the loo – grrrrrrr!
So we made our way to our VIP Parade spot – Just a space by the castle to be honest but I like to think I am special!
The parade was wonderfull
DSC01668.jpg

My Daughter’s tonsils!
DSC01649.jpg

Back to Fantasyland into the queue for Dumbo again and made it in the holding pen when DD announced she needed a number 2 this time – Tough I wasn’t going to be queuing up again so I told her to hold it in. She soon forgot about it once we were seated and ready to fly. I love this ride. It is so cute and it appears DD likes to go high and stay high!
DSC01628.jpg

Alice’s Tea Cups and then we had completed all of Fantasyland in 1 day with minimum lines!
We were all shattered so despite the late opening we decided to make our way back to the hotel and there was a bus waiting so we jumped on. Back at the hotel we were told the earliest dinner slot was at 10pm, and as I didn’t fancy the bar snacks the concierge got us a 7.30 dinner slot at Newport Bay.
Dinner was great, Spag Bol and Garlic bread for DD with chocolate mousse and veal, prawns, and cheese for Hubby and I. I would definitely recommend Cape Cod.
9.30pm BED!!

Still to come our final day and journey home

Yay I can sleep happily tonight now I have been waiting for this I love day 2 what an amazing day your experience at auberge has got me really excited for our meal now!
Oh DD please be walking by then lol!

Can't wait for more will give you a break though and not pester you so much this time lol!!! X

WOW! I actually cried reading about your DD's birthday (I am very emotional atm) it sounds like she had a wonderful day and it has made me SO very excited about our birthday trip next week for Rosebug's 3rd birthday!

Yay I can sleep happily tonight now I have been waiting for this I love day 2 what an amazing day your experience at auberge has got me really excited for our meal now!
Oh DD please be walking by then lol!

Can't wait for more will give you a break though and not pester you so much this time lol!!! X

Glad you enjoyed it Tinks. Auberge was wonderful and the staff were phenomenal.

WOW! I actually cried reading about your DD's birthday (I am very emotional atm) it sounds like she had a wonderful day and it has made me SO very excited about our birthday trip next week for Rosebug's 3rd birthday!

Oh Rosebug, bless your heart. My DD loved it and I was moist-eyed all weekend too, especially in City Hall and the parades, and at Auberge, and when she met Mickey, and when whe saw the room.

There is more to, but that will have to wait till tomorrow!

Sounds like an amazing trip and that you had a brilliant time, full of wonderful experiences. It reminds me just how powerful the magic of Disney is.

Can't wait for Day 3!

What a perfect birthday for any little princess :goodvibes

She looks so happy in Auberge :)

oh wow oh wow - what a lunch. Soooooo jelous.... It must have been so much fun :lovestruc there's alittle princess in me after all :cutie: perfect birthday :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter