Best Counter Service @ WDW?

kaysmommie

DIS Veteran
I would like to know all the best CS restaurants in all the parks. We usually eat lunch at our hotel CS. But now that we have free dining I figure we will eat at the parks too. What are the best CS places? Thanks for all opinions.

MK: Columbia Harbor House or Pecos Bills

EPCOT: Kringla Bakeri in Norway or Sunshine Seasons in the Land

MGM: Starring Rolls or Flatbread Grill (but can't wait to try Herbie's Drive-In)

AK: Tusker House or Flame Tree BBQ

We find all of these places to be good food with a good sized portion for the a couple of the bigger eaters in our group.

I think our favorite CS is Pepper Market in Coronado Springs Resort.

It is set up a bit differently but once you get the hang of the system it is a great sit down dinner for a CS credit.

You have a server who brings you beverages, condiments and removes your dishes. You weave your way through several areas that each specialize in different foods. One is Italian with pastas, pizza and salads; another is a Stir Fry area with great dishes and vegetables, one is all desserts but on the meal plan you are limited here; another is a grill that has great steaks and sometimes prime rib, you get grilled vegetables and a pick of potatoes, and it seems there are a few more areas. We usually get the grill special and sometimes we get the stir fry vegetables instead of the grilled ones.

You do carry your own food back to your table.

On the meal plan you get an entree, side dish and beverage. You get a muffin, cookie and I think something else as a dessert. The really great desserts can be purchased on the side.

For a CS credit, it is a great dinner. Someone suggested a breakfast there too but we have not tried that yet.

We also liked Tusker House in AK and Cosmic Rays in MK. Both of these lunches were huge and we shared meals there.

The absolute BEST is Pepper Market at CSR. After that we like Flame Tree at AK, and most of the places in World Showcase at Epcot. We found the CS places in MK to be okay, with MGM having the worst.

Flame Tree at AK, because the dessert is included in your free dining, you absolutely have got to try the key lime pie there! Its amazing!!!!! Enjoy!

MK: Pecos Bills or Columbia Harbor House

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons Food Fair

MGM: Starring Rolls

AK: Flame Tree BBQ (Allearsnet.com readers rated it as #1 CS in AK)

MK: Cosmic Rays

Epcot: Mexico

MGM - Don't know. Always eat at Sci-Fi

AK - Tusker House. It is awesome!

We love Columbia Harbor House, Starring Rolls, Yakitori House, and the CS in the Germany area. :wizard:

Pecos Bill's in MK

I like the taco salad (with ground beef instead of chicken) at the Cantina in Mexico/Epcot.

Not found any good cs in MGM yet unfortunately.

AK - tried Pizzafari and Restaurantosaurus. Both were ok, not great but not too bad. Plus McDonald's fries can rescue any meal as far as my family is concerned thus why they think Restaurantosaurus is fine. :blush:

My favorites were:

Cosmic Rays at MK - we had 1/2 rotisserie chicken, 1/2 rack of ribs, potato, veggie, drink, and dessert all for one CS credit - it was delicious and fed one adult and two kids.

Flame Tree BBQ at AK - we used two credits here and got 2 rib combos (half rack of ribs with baked beans and corn on the cob), two drinks, a slice of key lime pie (delicious), and a frozen minutemaid lemonade. Two credits fed three of us very well.

MK: Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills
Epcot: Fish and Chips in England followed by dessert in Italy
MGM: Is there a good CS there?
And AK: Tie between Tusker House and Flametree BBQ as the hands-down best in all of WDW.
Of course, just our humble opinions.

I haven't seen anyone mention what I am expecting to be my favorite: Tangierine Cafe at Epcot. Anyone have any recent experiences there?

bicker said:
I haven't seen anyone mention what I am expecting to be my favorite: Tangierine Cafe at Epcot. Anyone have any recent experiences there?

Tangierine Cafe is tied with Sunshine Seasons for my favorite Epcot CS restaurant. I ate there in December and had a wonderful meal, as usual.

My other favorites:

MK: Columbia Harbour House
MGM: Toy Story Pizza Planet, although I prefer to have TS at MGM
AK: Tusker House
DTD: Earl of Sandwich

MK - Pecos Bills

Epcot - Tangerine Cafe (I'm not too partial to Marrakesh, but I love the food at the cafe)

MK-Columbia Harbor House

Epcot-Fish & Chips next to the R&C

MGM-Toy Story Pizza Planet

AK-Tusker House

DTD-Earl of Sandwich

Ms.Mouse said:
MGM: Starring Rolls or Flatbread Grill (but can't wait to try Herbie's Drive-In)
Just so you know Herbie's Drive-In is not really a counter service "restaurant." It is really just a cart.

Starring Rolls at MGM is the place to go if you love lox and bagels. There was actually too much lox, if that's possible. It's just $6.99, and if you're on the DP you get a choice of great pastries.

Ms.Mouse said:
MK: Columbia Harbor House or Pecos Bills

EPCOT: Kringla Bakeri in Norway or Sunshine Seasons in the Land

AK: Tusker House or Flame Tree BBQ

We find all of these places to be good food with a good sized portion for the a couple of the bigger eaters in our group.

I agree with this 101%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter