Best Counter Service Restaurant; Magic Kingdom

For lunch, BOG wins for me. Good food, excellent cupcakes, beautiful restaurant.

I also like Columbia Harbour House for its more "unique" offerings.

If BOG counts, defiantly that. a very high caliber menu, not what i expected for "counter service" at all when it first opened. i enjoyed it very much. PVH is also a second choice. great atmosphere and "average" theme park food. :)

In your opinion, what is the best counter service restaurant in the Magic Kingdom, and why?

Sleepy Hollow - chicken 'n' waffle for late morning/early afternoon snack. The coffee with ice cream drinks are great during all hours.

Columbia Harbor House - Lighthouse sandwich and fried seafood meals (avoid the lobster roll). Atmosphere is not as sterile as a typical fast service place.

I would have to say hands down BOG. But outside of that and something that is more reasonable to get into I have a tie between Pecos Bill's and CHH. I really like the food at both and I like sitting upstairs at CHH. PVH I don't go to that often or Cosmic Ray's I need to though just to have a better comparison

We prefer CHH but we haven't tried BOG. We wanted to try it in October, but couldn't get a FP+ and the line was too long.

My dh and I both enjoyed the clam chowder at CHH and my dh enjoyed the salmon. Does anyone know if the lobster roll there is real Maine lobster or that fake stuff?

Haven't tried BOG yet. Columbia Harbour House is great. I love their tuna sandwich and DH also loves the clam chowder

:wizard: Can someone explain the Lighthouse Sandwich?? On the menu all it says is hummus and broccoli slaw. Is it just bread and hummus??

It's hummus and broccoli slaw and I think it has tomato on it, on a whole grain bread. I know it doesn't sound like much but it so good. I can't wait to have one of these when I go back in May.

CHH is my favorite MK CS, but I haven't ate at BOG yet.

In your opinion, what is the best counter service restaurant in the Magic Kingdom, and why?

We like Cosmic Ray's. Has a lot of what Pecos Bill has, and then a lot more selection for anyone who isn't into burgers. ( But it does get awfully crowded! )

I really enjoyed the BOG lunch (Croque Monsiour and Pork), very yummy.

Tortuga when it's open has a pretty good nacho/taco salad.

Cosmic Rays has a Turkey Sandwich which is okay. Decent for fast food but not as good as Earl of Sandwich. The cheese sauce for the fries makes it worth it.

I am doing a tour in March and we get lunch at CHH, except I loathe fish. I mean seriously hate it. I've heard lots of good things about the place but never even tempted to go there. I'll be getting chicken nuggets and fries. ;) I'd get the lighthouse sandwich, but slaw usually means cabbage and onions neither of which are in my acceptable palate range. Hope it's chicken is as good as everyone says the fish is.

Our family really enjoy both Pecos Bills and CHH for lunch. However, on our trip in October we decided to try out Pinocchio's Village Haus and we all thought that was surprisingly good (we all shared a couple of flat breads). DD12 just asked if we could go back there again on our upcoming trip.....it was also fun watching all the boats from IASW go by as we ate :goodvibes.

:wizard: Can someone explain the Lighthouse Sandwich?? On the menu all it says is hummus and broccoli slaw. Is it just bread and hummus??

Hummus and slaw are combined and placed between bread, I believe, with a slice of tomato. It's kinda' on the large side too.

Typically, we share one of these and something else like fried shrimp basket. Steamed broccoli is available and I seem to recall substituting sweet potato for white potato fries.

Columbia Harbor House (CHH) has a menu that should appeal to people who prefer fish and vegetarian options.

[TAKE NOTICE: avoid the Lobster Roll @ CHH]

I vote CHH too. The tuna salad sandwich is the best. I love the bread it is served on. Its a whole grain bread that is very healthy I'm sure.:rotfl:

Okay it's been years, but the only counter service restaurant we've eaten at, at the MK is Tortuga Tavern. It was actually very good. Like I said; it's been years and it was called something else at the time. It was Mexican then, and I'm assuming it's still the same now. We are Mexican food connoisseurs and my expectations were pretty low, but we were very surprised. All of the ingredients were fresh and tasty. Obviously, take this for what it's worth, which is not a whole lot.

The lighthouse sandwich is my absolute favorite. It has lettuce, tomato, hummus, and the slaw. It is a delicious combination.

BOG hands down! There's so much more for your $$'s and the food is very tasty and served like TS. We love it and have eaten there several times for the braised pork and french onion soup! Yummy!!

Can't beat the ambiance either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter