Best Counter Service Resort?

etedesco

Earning My Ears
Any suggestions for a good counter service experience at one of the resorts? I'd like to visit another property (staying at POP) so I can talk my DH into another trip soon :rolleyes1 So, a well-themed resort where we could get a nice, quick meal or delicious snacks. Ideas?

Actually POP is one of my favorite resort food courts. You may also consider POR, they haqve a make your own salad station and make your own pasta station. I would also recommend Comtemp Cafe at the Compemporary Resort. It has more "upscale" food than regular food courts.

I think Pop has one of the best CS. When are you going? If it's after May 31, you should check out the food court for AoA. I think it's going to be fantastic! :)

Our last trip in Dec-11 we wanted to check out AKL. We hopped on the AKL bus from AK & went to the Mara for lunch. Our family really enjoyed it !! if you go, please try the Zebra Domes- they are probley one of the best foods I ever consumed....Good Luck

I also recommend POR for the make your own pasta and salad stations. The theme/decorations are pretty minimal, but the food is good.

I would highly recommend the Contempo Cafe @ Disney's Contemporary Resort.

I'll second this! Marinated Beef Flatbread - with oven roasted tomatoes, garlic, onions, arugula, and goat cheese...YUUUM! And don't forget House Chips!

POR is also a good resort CS.
:thumbsup2

I often crave the Grown Up Grilled Cheese from the Poly and the flatbreads. Plus you can get a Dole Whip!

Our favorites are Captain Cooks at the Poly and Roaring Forks at the WL :).

These are my favorites too....besides Pop!!
We are sandwich people and the sandwiches at RF and CC are really yummy :)

Pop has my favorite CS breakfast though-love their Bounty Platter!!

We really like Captain Cooks at the Poly. They have a good variety - burgers, flatbread, noodles, etc. and yummy baked goods!

While not a resort, hands down our favorite QS location is Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney. It is closer in quality to a TS meal than a QS meal IMO. The brick oven pizzas, salads, and sandwiches are all excellent.

Dan

I don't know why, but I feel like I never see anyone recommend the food court at POFQ. I think the food here is REALLY good and offers different stuff from your usual food court - The Muffaletta, Po' Boys and Beignets are awesome. True, POR has Muffalettas and Beignets...but alas - no Po' Boys. Which, BTW...are HUGE.

I don't know why, but I feel like I never see anyone recommend the food court at POFQ. I think the food here is REALLY good and offers different stuff from your usual food court - The Muffaletta, Po' Boys and Beignets are awesome. True, POR has Muffalettas and Beignets...but alas - no Po' Boys. Which, BTW...are HUGE.

Yummy, sounds so good!

I second POFQ. It's been awhile but I remember that food court being great. It has some cool decorations (although some are creepy) and the variety of food is great! I also remember POR was good too. Pick a PO resort and go for it! :thumbsup2

PO sounds good, esp. the Po' Boys and Beignets. Thanks for all the rgeat suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter