Best counter service in Animal Kingdom?

Flame Tree is ok and certainly very popular...if you like BBQ. We aren't big BBQ eaters (and, being only about 45 minutes from Memphis, I guess we're kind of BBQ snobs), and it's really hot out there. That being said, we like Yak & Yeti counter service but again, no indoor seating. That leaves Pizzafari and Restaurantosaurus. Both are pretty good.

Flame Tree, hands-down! I love the food and the seating. I usually get BBQ but last time I tried a salad and it was delicious. Great onion rings too! Yum!

Flame Tree, not a close call. One of the best CS places in all of WDW, IMO.

I like them all. We went to Restaurantosaurus for the first time in years last trip and we all enjoyed our meals. It also has amazing theming just loaded with details. Lots of seating to for busy times.

I had a chicken BLT salad and it was delicious :)

Flame Tree, not a close call. One of the best CS places in all of WDW, IMO.

I absolutely, positively, without a doubt, 100% agree with this statement. It is not even close; Flame Tree is the best CS in AK and among one of the best in all of WDW. :thumbsup2

Count me in the flame tree crowd. The Ribs and chicken combo with the TIW discount cant be beat.

We love the Yak and Yeti CS. Like others have said, the chicken fried rice is great and such a good value too :)

Another vote for Flame Tree. The seating (especially if you go a little ways down the path) can be pretty quiet and relaxing, and I'm the type of person that really hates eating outdoors, but this is one of my favorite CS of all. Also, most of the portions are large and sometimes can easily be split if you don't want to be miserable after eating.

Our vote would be for Yak and Yetti !!!

Me too. Not really fond of their entrees I've tried, but I love their fried rice and egg rolls, which make a great filling meal on their own.

Another vote for Flame Tree. I had their pulled pork sandwich last trip and it was great. DH and DS always get the chicken and ribs platters and love them.
Although outside, the seating area is pretty secluded and quiet.
Watch out for the birds!!!

Considering Flame Tree for our CS meal hoping there's shaded seats for us in Aug. Couple of questions:

1. At Flame Tree (and I guess in general) do they allow substitutions for sides? I don't really like beans and corn, would they generally substitute fries? I'm sure I can ask when there just would rather not line up to find out.

2. The fried rice at Y&Y, what does it have in it if anything? peas, corn, green onions etc...? I enjoy fried rice but just plain with chicken.

TIA :)

Another vote for Flame Tree here! They have great sandwiches, turkey on multigrain with veggies & a cranberry mayo! Yum! Also a GIANT fruit salad, in case you arent interested in the ribs/chicken which Ive also heard wonders about!

Flame Tree BBQ and the Yak and Yeti CS are tied for me. Last time we went, half the group wanted Y&Y and half wanted FTB, so we split up and those of us who went to Y&Y brought our food over to FTB to eat. I loooooove the seating at Flame Tree. Being outside is not an issue.

Considering Flame Tree for our CS meal hoping there's shaded seats for us in Aug. Couple of questions:

1. At Flame Tree (and I guess in general) do they allow substitutions for sides? I don't really like beans and corn, would they generally substitute fries? I'm sure I can ask when there just would rather not line up to find out.

2. The fried rice at Y&Y, what does it have in it if anything? peas, corn, green onions etc...? I enjoy fried rice but just plain with chicken.

TIA :)

Glad you asked these questions, i'm wondering the same, Does anyone know the answers?

Another vote for Flame Tree here! They have great sandwiches, turkey on multigrain with veggies & a cranberry mayo! Yum! Also a GIANT fruit salad, in case you arent interested in the ribs/chicken which Ive also heard wonders about!

Wow, fruit salad- right up my street! It sounds like there is something for everyone there! Thanks :)

So, in what I consider to be the hottest of the parks, the best place to eat is outdoors??? Ugh! I want to take my family to Flame Tree BBQ after reading this, but they may veto that over an air-conditioned CS being its the last week in August! Is it really worth it??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter