• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Counter Service (for lunch) at Magic Kingdom?

We really liked cosmic ray's even though it is crowded and noisy.
Kinda random but there's a cart in adventureland that sells really good egg rolls and is just down the street from Aloha Isle where you can get a dole whip and ice cream- my family always ends up getting snacks there...
Kristina

Cosmic Ray because of Sonny Eclipse, they also have a lot of choice, huge seating area and a great fixings bar. No brainer for me.

We've had good food at 1) Cosmic Ray's, 2) Columbia Harbor House, and 3) Peco's Bills. I'd rate them in that order.

No matter where you eat lunch, GO EARLY. 11 am is perfect. Noon is horribly crowded.
And, you can't take your stroller up to the upper level of CHH, so it is harder to haul small children and platters of food upstairs. There is first floor seating, but not as much.

As far as kid friendly food, all have good options. Look at some menus and see what appeals to you and your kids.

One good thing is, all of them have had generous servings (at least on our trips) so we have always been able to share with a 1 year old and not have to order another meal.

Happy planning! :wizard:

hmmm - it depends on a few factors...

Cosmic Rays - if your kids a quite little and runners and you can get a seat down front - they can blow off steam any watch the animatronic show. bad side to Cosmic Rays: if you want burgers and chicken you have to wait in two different lines. major drag if you have little ones and can't split up and multi task the lines there.

CHH - never my favorite. the upside to this - not very popular so i have always been able to find a place to sit without having to hawk over some poor family who looks about done.

Caseys - devine. one of our favs. if you can get a seat outside (if it isn't too freaken hot) and the piano player is there, it is sublime. if it is super hot, pass this place up. there is some seating in doors, but it is very sparce and bleachers - not a comfortable dining experience. (although corn dog nuggets and cotton candy for desert is pretty hard to pass up.) oh and please do as the signs say and DONT FEED THE BIRDS. you will regret doing so.

Peco's Bills - have always loved this place. tons of seating in the AC. fixin's bar. burgers are pretty darn good for counter service. do they still have the toco place over by Pirates that had seating that joined up with the far end of peco's bill's seating? used to love the taco salad there. huge portion and so very tasty.

i haven't seen any love for Pinocchios' Village Haus yet. i know the lines are long and chances of getting a seat overlooking It's a Small World are few, but i love the decor in this place. and the meatball sub is to die for. i nice change when you are sick of regular counter service choices.

also no love yet for the Noodle house between tomorrowland and main street. they are not open all the time, and who the heck wants a noodle bowl when it is 104 with 98% humidity, but on our fall/winter trips, i loved this place. such a change of pace as far as food goes and tons of shaded seating, most with a killer view. there is ususally so much empty seating here that the kids can run and not disturb anyone.

Columbia Harbor house - some variety on the menu, and the upstairs dining is a nice little break from more traditional cafeteria style theme park dining.

We alternate between CHH and Pecos Bills. We do like Cosmic Rays and PVH in fantasyland too. We just don't eat at those as often. I say just check out menus and make your own choice.

Cosmic Ray because of Sonny Eclipse, they also have a lot of choice, huge seating area and a great fixings bar. No brainer for me.

Another vote for Cosmic Rays for all the reasons mentioned above. It's air conditioned, yes it can be busy, but lots of choices. The kids can be entertained by Sonny Eclipse. Nice cool break to sit down, enjoy a meal and get out of the heat.

Another vote for Cosmic Ray's! We really love the chicken meal. As others have said they also have burgers and sandwiches with a fix'ns bar. We took our DD there on her 5th birthday. She really enjoyed the mini corn dogs and watching Sonny Eclipse. It is kind of a pain though if every one wants something different because you will have to separate into different lines. Pecos Bills is good as well!

It really just depends on our mood/cravings at the time. We bounce between CHH, Cosmic Rays and Pecos Bill's.

We ate one day at Casey's for hot dogs. Get there before 11 am and they will pick one kid to throw the first pitch before they open and they sing Take me Out to the Ballpark and the people working there will hand out bags of cracker jacks to the kids, which equals free snack later! Score!

We also ate one day at Tortuga Tavern. My kids are picky eaters, but both agree on cheese quesadillas. DH and I got the beef nachos that came with a bean salsa on top and then they have a toppings bar with cheese, onions, salsa and lettuce. It was at least something different than the usual burgers and fries in the park.

Sitting upstairs at Columbia Harbor House. We love this CS restaraunt. It is our fav in the Magic Kingdom. popcorn:: No matter which side you sit on upstairs you have some great views.

We really like Cosmic Rays and Columbia Harbor House. Next trip though, I want to make sure we try Pecos Bills.

Peco Bills! You could easily share meals here. I like the chicken wrap. I use the wrap as a plate & make a chicken salad using the fixings at the bar. Love the mushrooms! DS likes the pork BBQ sandwich.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter