• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best counter service at Hollywood Studios?

mrudman

DIS Veteran
I made all my ADR's for lunches this morning (got just what I wanted, including CRT for my younger dd's b-day :cool1:).

We're planning on eating at counter service places for dinner.. for Epcot, MK, and AK there seems to be a good variety, and pretty well know where I'd like to eat.

But at HS, it seems as if there's nothing that great there based on the menus I've found... what CS place would you recommend?

Thanks!

Not a huge fan of any of the CS options, but we stop at Starring Rolls for a cupcake and some coffee as a snack. There are some good soft pretzel carts around as well. We always skip over to Epcot or Boardwalk area for lunch and a park break.

Starring Rolls for a sandwich and cupcake, it is only open during lunch hours, though.

I would consider changing to a dinner ADR at DHS & eating at Starring Rolls for lunch. DHS counter service is extremely lacking. Our favorite by far is SR. As has been noted, it closes too early for dinner. If you absolutely don't want a dinner ADR, I would avoid ABC Commissary. IMO, it's the worst CS location at WDW.

ABC Commissary is our family favorite. Everyone likes the food. The TV relaxes the DS. The AC and close restrooms allow us to completely rest before going out for a second round.

ABC Commissary is our family favorite. Everyone likes the food. The TV relaxes the DS. The AC and close restrooms allow us to completely rest before going out for a second round.

We enjoy "ABC" as well--- (gets a bad rap on the boards too)---

Just avoid the "classic lunch hours"--- tends to get VERY crowded !!!

Hubby really wants to try the Mac n Cheese hot dog! I believe at Catalina Eddies..

We almost always opt for Pizza Planet for CS while at HS, we've never found much else that appeals to us. Although this last trip we did find the "Power Pack" kids meal to be the best we'd found for DS so far, it had yogurt, carrots, goldfish, string cheese and cookie, it was great.

When this question is asked of Animal Kingdom, Flame Tree always comes out as the prohibitive favorite. See here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3118291

Fairfax Fare serves many of the same items, yet gets little love here. Granted, the setting of Flame Tree is far superior to Fairfax, but the food has far more similarities than it does differences. So it stands to reason that if people "love" Flame Tree, they should at least find Fairfax to be pretty good, which is all it would take to jump to the head of the DHS class.

We like Backlot Express because there's enough seating even at peak times, and the food is hot and fresh. Good chicken nuggets and grilled veggie sandwich. Starring Rolls has the best dessert choices, but you're pretty much limited to a cold cut sandwich for your entree, and there isn't a lot of seating (and it's all outdoors).

I don't do Starring Rolls for lunch because they won't make the sandwiches without mayonnaise - they are not able to customize the sandwiches at all. If I'm going to have CS lunch there it's usually Backlot Express or Studio Catering.

I don't do Starring Rolls for lunch because they won't make the sandwiches without mayonnaise - they are not able to customize the sandwiches at all.

My precise reason why I don't eat there except for breakfast. Hard to believe that in this day and age, mayo is still an immutable "standard" that certain sandwich sellers insist on using. Especially now that so many places are required to conspicuously publish nutritional information. Delete that mayo, and you suddenly have a heart-healthy sandwhich that a lot more people would consider. And if you want mayo....grab a packet.

Don't really care about healthy, I just hate mayonnaise.

Me too. But isn't it great to hate something that isn't healthy!;)
I'm just trying to give businesses a reason (excuse) to stop making it so common and unchangeable.

We are not fans of CS at DS, so usually take a midday break and run over to the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs to get their chicken nachos. Just love those things and they are huge! I gotta get them at least once each trip, even if we're not staying over at Coronado Springs.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter