Best Company to book with?

Laurafoster

DIS Veteran
Ok i have decided i want to go next year - possibly in May - but i can be a bit flexible - i want to go outside of school holidays- although im not sure when they are!

I want to stay on site - as neither of us drive- and i dont really want to stay off site.

Anyone got any ideas whos best to book with?

I was looking at TCD - but you have to have a car which im not old enough to drive out there?!

Any help would be great!!

Ive always booked with Virgin and stayed onsite at All Star Movies, Virgin are not the cheapest but the service is really good. Ive never driven in Orlando either and have used the Disney transport and its always been great.

you dont have to take a car if you go TCD - if you phone their offices, rather than book online, they can arrange transfers to and from the airport for you

Look at booking yourself. Florida is the easiest place in the world to put your own package together. Sometimes if you find a package they are reasonably priced but our trip next year goes like this for 3 adults.

Man-Orlando via Chicago with BMI £987 (£329 each)
Off site hotel (don't like Disney Value Resorts) £650
Car hire + Top insurance £447

Total for 25 nights in Aug (School Holiday) £2084 with Car or £1637 without.

Problem with packages you are stuck to 14 or 21 nights. Don't think any of them could provide a 25 night package for £545 each at that time of year.

:cheer2: We have booked a package staying onsite at ASMo next year with 1st Choice. It was cheaper than I could have booked independantly for our dates in October. We just asked them to quote without a car, we will hire one ourselves as we always upgrade.

wayneg said:
Look at booking yourself. Florida is the easiest place in the world to put your own package together. Sometimes if you find a package they are reasonably priced but our trip next year goes like this for 3 adults.

Man-Orlando via Chicago with BMI £987 (£329 each)
Off site hotel (don't like Disney Value Resorts) £650
Car hire + Top insurance £447

Total for 25 nights in Aug (School Holiday) £2084 with Car or £1637 without.

Problem with packages you are stuck to 14 or 21 nights. Don't think any of them could provide a 25 night package for £545 each at that time of year.

OK, So if I was to book this tonight online with BMI tonight I would get the flights for £2727 for 3 adults. Would like to know who this is through

Hi
I booked them 2 weeks ago through Airline network (airnet.co.uk) they had a promotion on, special prices and 2 bottles of wine worth £30 free. Tickets arrived within 24 hours wine arrived 7 days later. Outstanding service.

Sorry I am not saying booking indepenantly is always better. I have booked next Xmas a package with Virgin hoidays 25th Dec 2006 for 11 nights can't remember exact price (I am at work) but it was less than £500 each including car and my 10% frequent Virgin discount.

We have found Funway to give good value for money for a package.

I recommend you get a brochure and phone them yourself for the best deal.

They use Virgin flights too which are excellent :earsgirl:

You could buy an AP and use the discount to book independantly, as UK tour operators hike the prices for UK school holidays even if its value season in WDW :earseek: (as I found out researching for friends who wanted to go in August)

Try running a few quotes online e.g. with Expedia and see what you come up with. We booked through Thomas Cook but I wish I'd known how easy it is to do it online - and look to see if anyone offers price matching (TC matched Virgin - slightly cheaper - then gave us an even better rate for car and tickets so we ended up about £300 cheaper)

Laurafoster said:
Ok i have decided i want to go next year - possibly in May - but i can be a bit flexible - i want to go outside of school holidays- although im not sure when they are!

I want to stay on site - as neither of us drive- and i dont really want to stay off site.

Anyone got any ideas whos best to book with?

I was looking at TCD - but you have to have a car which im not old enough to drive out there?!

Any help would be great!!
No you don't have to drive if you go with TCD. We always go with them and never drive. We have transport from the airport to the resort.
You'll have a great time wherever you stay but I love to stay at Disney :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter