Best coffee at Disney?

minnie_michelle

Mouseketeer
My DH is a big coffee buff and I haven't heard great things about the coffee at Disney. We are celebrating our 1 year anniversary at Disney and DH helped me plan our intinerary. We are not on the dining plan, and are saving money by bringing breakfast foods with us (yea for bad hotel coffee) and only eating out for lunch and dinner as well as going offsite. I would however, like to surprise him by making a reservation at a Disney restaurant for breakfast our last day after we check out and drive home It will have to be a hotel or downtown disney restaurant as we will not have any days left on our park tickets. Any suggestions for places that would be a nice surprise and have decent coffee?

Boma at AKL has the best breakfast and the best coffee. IMO

You can get a Kenya AA pressed pot for $7.

Kona Cafe at the Poly also has great coffee.

If you want to really splurge, go to Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian for dinner, and make sure to save room for the after dinner coffee. You can savor rare coffee from all around the world. Plus, it is made at your table in a glass vacuum coffee maker. Best coffee ever!

1) I'll admit to being a coffee snob (even roast my own beans - ok Hubby roasts them) my vote is the Kona Cafe at the Poly. They have a "stand" outside of the restaurant and you can get your coffee fix. But, be advised they close around 12:00 noon. I forgot one day and went in the early afternoon only to find that they had closed for the day. Hands down, I thought they had the best coffee!

2) Also, Check out the "real" coffee thread at Allears.net. They offer a list of where you can get real coffee

My favorite coffee at WDW happens to be at my favorite restaurant at WDW, the Boma press pot. Boma dinner is my only must do ADR on each trip.

take your own filters and coffee for your room for every day. the packages they leave only make about 2.5 cups with any flavor at all.

Boma for breakfast is magical. IMO.

The coffee is good at the Kona cafe at the Poly, but it's such a hassle getting in there, and the tables are so crowded that it feels more like an ordeal. If you go to Boma you can wander around and look at the animals, and savor one last morning of magic.

DH and I loved our early breakfast at Kona Cafe and they do have really good coffee.

And this is why I am SO glad that I never developed a taste for coffee!

Boma at AKL has the best breakfast and the best coffee. IMO

You can get a Kenya AA pressed pot for $7.

Kona Cafe at the Poly also has great coffee.
I had the Kenya AA pressed pot at Sanaa (not helpful for breakfast) and it was, quite literally, the best coffee I have ever tasted.

take your own filters and coffee for your room for every day.
I second this suggestion for the rest of your stay. We always bring our own coffee. There are coffee makers in all resorts moderate level and higher.

Kona has the most incredible pressed pot coffee, Boma too but it is much stronger.

I say bring it from home and make it in the room

last time we went to WDW; we stayed at AKL. We took the autotrain so space wasn't an issue. I brought a hotpot to get true boiling water, and I brought MY pressed coffee pot (you can buy one for about the cost of 2 pots of coffee at Bomo OR Kona. I bought an AKL mug I knew I would love forever in the AKL gift shop. I was my own barista, and had pressed coffee on the AKL balcony eyeballing giraffes every morning. Bessed coffee in WDW, and I don't know why my balcony wasn't more crowded. :joker:

You didn't say where you were staying, but if you are near the Boardwalk, we love breakfast at Spoodles. It's been a tradition for us for years now; the coffee is very good!

I assume, even with the change in restaurant theme, they probably will still serve a similar breakfast once Cat Cora takes over.

Any idea if the Kona stand will refill a resort mug with coffee. I would assume that I would have to pay for it, but I'm trying to figure out how I'll get my coffee fix in the morning on the way to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter