Best CM experiences, receiving or making magic!

igomezhnl

Disney Surfer
Aloha,

At my time at Disney I had some awesome experiences both as a guest and a CM. It's an awesome treat to make someone happy and experience what it means to be part of the Disney Ohana. I wanted to open up this thread to hear any awesome stories either receiving a magical experience, or if you have worked as a CM making magic for someone.

I've mentioned this before and it wasn't me who directly experienced this.

We were in line for Snow White's Scary Adventures. A kid with a Mickey balloon was just at the entrance outside under a tree. The balloon hit a sharp branch and went totally kaboom. Before anyone was able to react, a CM outside (kind of a roving CM) told the family that they should get back in line, go on the ride, and come back to that spot where he would have a replacement balloon waiting for them.

Last October my friend and I got free cake from a CM at French Market! We didn't realize it closed early during the Halloween Party and walked up right as the doors were closing. We had only planned to share a slice of the seasonal dessert and not order any additional food. He told us to hold tight and came back with a piece of cake for each of us and refused to let us pay! Definitely a bit of pixie dust. We made sure to go to City Hall and let them know he'd gone above and beyond.

I have gotten the assorted dining discount even though I didn't have an annual pass. One time it rang up as "Club 33".

Heck - at other places I was asked if I had a AAA membership and all I could flash was an expired card. Sometimes it was "good enough".

Waiting for Soundsational seating in front of The Emporium my daughter (then 2) dropped her popcorn, then one of the sweeping helpers came to us with a replacement popcorn for my daughter, he shouldn´t have but was a great touch. Love Disney!

We were wonderfully "pixie dusted" last year from a very nice CM from TSMM at DCA. We went out of our way to go to Guest Services and make a "compliment" to the CM. It was one of the most magical days I have ever had at a Disney park.

My 12 year old broke his leg and had surgery 2 weeks before we went to DLR. Needless to say he was super bummed.

This was the year that CL opened and the kids were so excited for RSR. So I gave DH the run down on getting FPs for RSR at rope drop and he took DS in the wheel chair to get them and I took the younger 3 kids to TSMM. Well he wound up in the stand by line by accident. He text me told me he made a mistake and I should head back to get in line with him. When I met up with him he wasn't in line he was waiting for us. He said that a CM saw DS in line and handed DS fast passes and said "no kid with a broken leg at Disneyland shld have to wait in the stand by line" Made his day

Last September Dbf and I were in DL so I could do the Dumbo Double Dare. It was his first time in DL since he was a young kid. We experiences a couple of moments of pixie dust.

We were at World of Color and thought we found an okay spot, but a cast member came over and told us we were fine to stand there until the show started, but then we wouldn't be able to. I asked her where she thought the best place for us to watch from would be and she told us she would be right back. A few minutes later she came back and told us to follow her. She led us to a little roped off section on a the landing above a few little stairs. There was no more than 8 people in this little section and by standing a few stairs up we could see over everyones heads. There is no way we would have had that kind of view anywhere else. She was so amazing, we were in such shock that I missed getting her name and she disappeared quickly after we expressed our "oh my gosh, wow, thank you so much"es!

The other moment - we were waiting in line to ride RSR racers using our fastpasses. We had ridden earlier in our trip in the evening and this was our first daylight ride. We got to the front, got placed in the line up waiting for a car, and before they filled the front seats, I asked the cast member if we could sit in the front row. She said she couldn't move us and I'd have to ask next time before they direct us to which line to stand in. Totally fair, we said oh no worries, didn't think about it until now. We had only sat in the back row the first time. Next thing we know, the cast member who directed us to that line came over and gave us two anytime fastpasses for RSR so that we could come back and be in the front row the next time. I'm not sure which of those two cast members made that happen, but I was absolutely amazed.

We never go in expecting pixie dust or magic - we think we are just genuinely nice and curious to ask cast members questions because they are always so willing to share neat knowledge. I was blown away by how special those two things made us feel.

My best CM experience story started when I checked into Grand California around 9AM which of course my room was not ready. I gave them my cell phone number so they can page me when my room would be ready (I've done this many times in the past). In the mean time I visited the parks and hung out with my friends. Throughout the day I continually checked my cell phone but I had no text from the hotel. My friends wanted to go to dinner but I told them I wanted to check into my room first. Anyway, close to 8PM my friends decided to go to dinner and I called the front desk of Grand California. They told me my room has been ready for hours but someone forgot to text me. I was a little upset but understood people make mistakes. Anyway, I got to my room and soon after I received a call to my room from Guest Services apologizing for the error and offered to help in anyway and offered suggestions such as fast passes, priority reservations at any Disney restaurants, etc. I told her that my friends already went to dinner and although hungry I didn't want to go alone. She then offered free room service meal which I thought was really nice. After placing my order (sandwich, fries, drink and cookie) she said to me "that all you want to eat?" and I said yes it's just me in the room. She then offered free room service breakfast as well, which I though was really sweet and more than made up for the error with my room. That night I wrote a nice thank you letter to that cast member.

DS is terrified of fireworks so when they start I take him into a shop. Last trip we were in the store next to Golden Horseshoe and he found a corner behind some clothes to hide out. I was standing close by asking how he was doing when a CM noticed. She asked if everything was ok and I explained we were just waiting out the fireworks. She got down to DS level and started talking to him, before I knew it he was out of his corner, standing up, and telling her about the light saber he built. She spent almost the entire show talking to him then finished it off by filling out an anytime FP form for our family. She was so sweet to take that much time with DS to help him forget the fireworks were even going on. When we told him they were finished he was shocked.

Mentioned in another thread, but Cars is my kid's favorite movie. We got RSR FPs, but it was shut down during our return time and we weren't going to wait around with Frozen tickets, so we got breakfast at Flo's and then headed to Frozen. However, I walked back once to check, even though we were told we could return any time, and it was still broken down. A guy was there waving a single RSR FP with a current return time, and he gave it to me when I asked. I wasn't sure what to do with it though, and technically they're non-transferable. I've never seen one matched against a ticket though.

In the end we rode RSR right after leaving Frozen. Before leaving DCA, our kid asked to ride RSR one more time. I was thinking maybe we could go together in the single rider line, but were told kid wasn't old enough. Then I asked what could be done with my single FP. We were told our kid still wasnt old enough to ride alone, but the CM could write up a pass for two in exchange for the single FP. My wife then asked if it could be for all three of us, and the CM said OK. We got to ride one more time before leaving, and my kid was really happy.

We were at HS just before the Disney Junior show opened and my boys were loving all the pictures around the building - super happy they were getting photos with characters on posters etc.
A CM started chatting with my hubby - just regular 'how's your trip' 'your kids are cute' etc - and as we said goodbye he asked if we could come back to meet him at the same spot at ?? time (I can't remember exactly when) and when we did he led us into the preview show they were doing for cast members families!!! It was amazing.
It was a lifetime's worth of pixie dust to see my then-little boys so overjoyed!!

Richard, the CM at Jungle Cruise was fantastic last week. He totally made the ride enjoyable.

Couple from my last trip:

1. I mentioned in my mini trip report that we got a free churro from a CM. My wife had my wallet on a ride and I tried to pay with my room card. But with no ID, I had to wait. When I returned with my wallet she was very apologetic. I told her I understood and had no problem with the policy so she added some "Disney magic" to my order.

2. I met Farley on this last trip. Some of you may know him as the musician in Frontierland. I had never seen him before, but as I kid I watched the early 90s video A Day at Disneyland religiously. He has a song and appearance in that video and when I heard him singing, I recognized his voice. I went up to talk to him about it and he was great! He even sang Happy Birthday to my son. We took a picture together crossing our eyes (if anyone has seen A Day at Disneyland, you'll know what that means).

Some recent ones:
1) Sheriff of Andy's Room. DD was chosen and made for a fun day with some extra magic.
2) Free Magic Hour: On a Magic Hour day at DCA, we arrived 45 min early to wait for regular opening hours. The CM let us in, anyways.
3) Unlimited FP: DW and DD were bumped from position one on Autopia by another Guest. Safety rules prevented them from exiting the car, so they had to go all of the way around the track again. We're pretty rational people and weren't all that inconvenienced by the ordeal, but the CM's gave us an unlimited FB that was good for all FB rides for the rest of the night.
4) Infectious Joy: Not directly my experience, but a special needs guest greeting his favorite CM. Just being close to all that joy set a tone of generosity, and kindness for our whole family. Disneyland makes us all our best selves.

Last edited:
It may not have been an individual treat, but once at the Enchanted Tiki Room the CM doing the pre-show announcements was using various acting voices. It was hilarious, and I'm guessing the CM had probably auditioned for a lot of voice acting roles. He was a pro, but it did make for a more interesting time.

The wait for Monsters inc was posted as 45 minutes. As we stood off to the side nearby trying to decide if we thought the wait would be less later in the day (or honestly if it was worth the wait), a kind CM asked how many in our party. She then gave us a buddy pass to go on the ride immediately. We were so surprised and thankful!

In the mid 60's I was around 7 y/o. My family was walking down Main Street with me next to my father when I looked up at him and realized it wasn't him anymore!!
I no more stopped and swiveled my head twice when an alert CM took my hand with a warm smile and reassuring way, asked me if my "parents were lost". I don't remember what happened after that but we were quickly reunited.
Of course I took it for granted back then but now I think back at how wonderful that CM was.

A few years ago, I bought one of those frames that is two pieces of printed glass with the picture in the middle. And then I added another to balance the mantle. But, come Christmas, I take down my Disney pix and put up my Christmas village. And I dropped and shattered one of the glass frames. I was totally bummed. So, last week when we were there, I was on a quest to replace it. Unfortunately, it seemed as though it was phased out. So, while some of the family were watching one of the Carthay Circle shows, I nipped into that shop there and went to the frame section. A CM asked if she could help, and I explained my predicament. Well, didn't she find the only two versions of that frame remaining at DCA? They were locked in a display cabinet. So, first, she (and another CM she'd recruited to the job) had to get approval to sell something out of the display cabinet and then they had to track down the key. The whole thing took nearly 30 minutes, but they stayed at it, and, ultimately, I got my frame. So I thank Kristin and Chanel from Tulsa for going above and beyond to replace my frame.

We had some fantastic experiences on our last trip! Throughout our time in the parks if we had a CM who made our visit a little extra special I made a note in my phone of date, time, location, CM name, incident. When I returned home I emailed Disneyland Resort with all of the specifics. I received a call back thanking me for my email and letting me know the supervisors would be notified. I was the note-taker for our group of 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter