Best Christmas touring?

Jennybump

Mouseketeer
If we have a day off during our November trip I think I would like to tour a few resorts to see the Christmas decorations. What are your top 3 resorts for Xmas touring and why? Thanks!

If we have a day off during our November trip I think I would like to tour a few resorts to see the Christmas decorations. What are your top 3 resorts for Xmas touring and why? Thanks!

All of the resorts have great decorations, but our favorites during the holidays are the WL, followed by the GF, then BC/YC/BWI. The WL has a cozy feeling with the huge fireplace surrounded by rocking chairs in the center of the lobby; the GF is gorgeous with a gingerbread house; the BC/YC/BWI are decorated nicely with chocolate carousels.

Depending on when you are going in November, the resorts might not be decorated. When we were at WL a few years ago, they didn't start decorating the resort until the Thursday before Thanksgiving.
One of our favorite resorts to visit to see Christmas decorations is Ft Wilderness (the campground). I think a few of those staying at the campsites are trying to outdo the Osborne lights.

This is how I do it...head to MK, then over to CR. Boat to WL, boat back to CR and monorail to the GF. Back to MK. Bus to the Epcot resorts....BW first then walk to S/D, YC/BC. Those are the biggies.
If you want, and have time, head to a park and then bus to AKL and Kidani. The moderates are also nice to see!

This year we will be trying out the "sleigh" ride at FW to see the holiday lights. I've heard FW is some of the best decorations. We will also see GF, Poly, WL, and BC/YC.

WL is my number one favorite followed by GF

AKL was the only resort that had characters in holiday attire for photos when we went over Christmas. I don't know if that's the norm or not but they had Donald and Daisy in the lobby

excited to see BC decorated this year. Missed that one the last time we were there over the holidays

Sorry, forgot to mention our dates: 11/17-24, and our touring day would likely be the 20th. Love the responses so far!

You'll definitely be able to see Disney in all its X-mas Glory. They will be set up by the 20th. I never saw the decorations at WL but you can't miss the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter