Best choice for a bag?

stuffedwithfluff

Earning My Ears
I will be going to Disney in November for the first time. I need to find a suitable bag to carry all the necessities around in the park. I was thinking more along the lines of a small backpack. I will probably only be toting my own items, however there will be children in the group, so I may end up carrying a little extra. I do not want something that will "weigh me down". I also have heard that backpacks/bags cannot be taken on the rides...need to know when considering the type of closure the bag may have. I'd appreciate any suggestions from experienced Disney visitors. Thanks.

Hi... you can bring backpacks or slings on most rides. I had a small purse backpack that I have takedn in the past and while great, I would have to take it off to get on rides and put it in my lap or on the floor next to me. This past trip I got a Donner Overland which I just love. It can be worn as a purse or a sling. I did not have to take it off when getting on rides.

I also like the Donner JoJo bag, but it is too small for what I need.

I would stay away from anything with a magnectic closure. MIL had this before and almost daily her "key to the world"/park passes were deactivate.

Good Luck with your search.

I had good luck with a small backpack that I bought at Target on my last trip. Before you take the tags off, be sure to load it up with the things you're likely to carry in the parks and wear it around the house for a little while. The first backpack I tried was very uncomfortable when "fully loaded" (the straps dug in), so I returned it and got another one.

Here's a great thread about the Overland Donner bag - you might want to check it out (it had almost 170 posts as of today!):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1384145

There are quite a few threads about bags in this "tips" section of the board, so try doing a search for "bags." Good luck!

I just ordered a baggalini messenger bag--it's very lightweight and not too big, but big enough to put in a couple things for my kids. The thing I like most is a zippered compartment right on the strap in front--it's big enough to hold key cards and fast passes. I used to use the Lands End diaper bag/back pack, but now that my son is 3, I don't have to carry quite as much with--that's also a great bag.

Hmmm.... I was thinking on buying the baggallini, but after this thread I can't decide!!!!!!!!

Which one do you guys think is better?

:hippie:

Overland Donner seems to be more comfortable, and they were on sale at REI.com. I would check and see if they still are.

Everyone in our group wears their own fanny packs. They can each carry a small snack and their own disposable camera, as well as anything else they might need.
This way, one person doesn't have to be a pack mule.
My girls love carrying their own stuff (we bought them some very cute fanny packs). That way, they are "in charge" of their own snacks and other stuff.
Dad carries the minicamcorder in his pack.
It has worked out well for us on many a vacation.

27 days until Disney :goofy: :mickeyjum

I love my Donner bag! Very roomy, bottle carriers on each side, comfortable to wear! If you aren't carrying for more than just a few people, it's a great bag!! I had to switch to a bigger bag this year, the diaper dude, which I LOVE! I did a whole thread on it!!

When I am not carrying my big camera bag I will load up my Vera Bradley hipster bag. I have them in a couple colors and I love the way they sit at the hip and are very comfortable. I do however carry a plastic zip bag in case we go on water rides so my wallet and passes don't get wet. It is a great bag if you like the style of the Vera Bradley bags. Good luck.:cheer2:

I just received my Overland Donner bag from shoebuy.com. It is going to work out great for our first trip to WDW. I tested it out today and it will fit my Canon DSLR and the few other things I plan to put it in there. I really like the front flap, perfect for all the little things. Also, so it does not get wet on the Kali River Rapids I am going to purchase some of those large Ziplock bags (the ones with the handles) to put it in.

Love my Donner!:thumbsup2

It worked out great in WDW. I was traveling with DS (5 months) at the time. I was able to have everything I needed with me at all times.

I use my Donner as an everyday bag now. Also, it washed very well.

I purchased a Baggalini and returned it right away. The Baggalini was a nice quality bag but I hated how it hung on me.

:bride: Mrs. Disney Ron

I bought the Donner in blue for our trip earlier this month, and it was the perfect size for our family of 3. We kept pullups, an extra set of clothes for DD, and snacks in a bag in our stroller, but I carried our cameras, water bottles, maps, keys/tickets and a few other things with me in the Donner. I wore it messenger style and it only rubbed my neck a little one day when I was carrying our video camera in it. I also really liked the outside flap with the inside zippered section - that's where I kept our keys/tickets, and it was really convenient to slip them out to get FPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter