Best cheese plate?

kathyg

DIS Veteran
I'm drooling thinking about the cheese plates I've had in the past.

Care to share you opinions on the best cheese plate at Disney?

Thanks.

Hands down; California Grill. With a fabulous glass of chardonnay.... their cheeses change quite often - my favorite have been pecorino and camembert. They offer you a choice from five different types.

The best for me was at the F&WF this past year. It was at the Mouse Catch kiosk. There was Dorothea Dutch Cheese (my favorite!), Piave — Italian Cheese AND Mahon — Spanish Cheese. One word- AMAZING!!

The best for me was at the F&WF this past year. It was at the Mouse Catch kiosk. There was Dorothea Dutch Cheese (my favorite!), Piave — Italian Cheese AND Mahon — Spanish Cheese. One word- AMAZING!!

I agree that was great, but it's good we go during the F & W F cause I don't thnk you can get that any other time.

I think the best cheese plate with the best accessibility without an ADR would be the Crew's Cup lounge at the Yacht Club.

I did not order the plate, but I saw the cheeses listed. I saw Humboldt Fog and regretted not getting it. I'm not sure how often they would change the cheese options, though.

Best I've had was at V&A's. Second choice would be Flying Fish. CG's are pretty good too.

California Grill's was great at $16, good at $18, but now it's $20. As much as I like it I don't think I will purchase it again for $20.

$20 for a cheese plate is outrageous....great or not. Seems like Disney is honing in on the fact that signature diners do enjoy their cheese plates!

I am a cheese fanatic!

We like the cheese plates at Rose & Crown and at the Yachtsmen Steakhouse. We are eating at Artist Point for the first time in March, and I am excited to try their cheese plate!

We liked the cheese plate at the Grand Floridan afternoon tea. It was well priced and delicious!!!!!

Flying Fish and CA Grill both served terrific cheese plates when we dined there in October. In the past we've also had really good cheese plates at Jiko as well.

V&A's cheese plate was also very good but I'm not sure that it was much better than any of the ones I mentioned above.

And all cheese plates are awesome with a glass of tawny port. :cloud9:

EDITED: the best cheese plate we've ever had was at Alize in Las Vegas ... nine cheeses with accompaniments ... I thought we'd died and gone to fromager heaven! And unfair or not, that's kind of the standard I've started holding V&A to ... if a 4-star in Vegas can do that, then a 5-star in Orlando should think about upping the ante a bit. Just sayin.

RE-EDITED: Alize is a 4-Diamond AAA rated restaurant vs. V&A's 5-Diamond AAA ratng. However, Alize has been awarded 1 Michelin star for the last two years, so I'd say the two restaurants are on a pretty equal footing.

RE-EDITED: Alize is a 4-Diamond AAA rated restaurant vs. V&A's 5-Diamond AAA ratng. However, Alize has been awarded 1 Michelin star for the last two years, so I'd say the two restaurants are on a pretty equal footing.[/QUOTE]

How many Michelin stars does V & A have? My husband I were talking about that recently.. I am sure I could look up, but curious, do you know?

Best cheese plate I ever had at Disney (actually shared) was at California Grill. Not the one in the Contemporary...the one at the Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris. and only 9 euros!

I don't believe V&A has any Michelin stars.

I had a cheese plate from Yachtsman and Flying Fish last month.
I enjoyed both of them. However, I loved everything on the tray at YS. The Flying Fish was good but not as good as the YS. I did not like some of the accompaniments ( I did not spell that right) at the FF. But I would highly recd the YS. I took some pics and plan on doing a review eventually. I think the YS had creamier, brie like cheeses; an amazing blue cheese too.

I agree that was great, but it's good we go during the F & W F cause I don't thnk you can get that any other time.

You can get the Dorothea dutch cheese at Igourmet.com . Trust me, I know - my wife likes it too <sigh> ......

Best cheese plate I ever had at Disney (actually shared) was at California Grill. Not the one in the Contemporary...the one at the Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris. and only 9 euros!

I don't believe V&A has any Michelin stars.

That's because Michelin hasn't done a Red Guide for Florida, as far as I know. I've dined at lots of 1- and 2-star places in the U.S. (LA, SF and NYC) and one 3-star (Jean Georges in NYC). I think Victoria & Albert's is certainly equal to or better than the 2-star places I've experienced. But since this thread is about cheese plates, I do think V&A could up the ante.

My favorite Disney cheese plate is at Napa Rose at Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter