Best (cheapest) way to buy Park tickets!!

Focusdude

Takin' on the jellies!
I am trying to assist someone in getting the cheapest park tickets that they can get (they are not staying on Disney property). I think that buying them through Disneyworld.com is the cheapest (they are looking for either 4 or 5 Parkhoppers). I looked at ticket brokers - they seem pricey. Is Disneyworld.com the cheapest?? Thanks in advance for the help!:earsgirl:

I didn't think AAA offered Disney tickets anymore. I did mention that AAA is a great place for discounts for the trip (hotel, parking, etc). Thank you for the input!!
:earsgirl:

I just bought 5 day Hoppers (no plus options) from AAA for $225 for adults. Hope this helps.

AAA and hotwiressavingsclub (HWSC)has had the best ticket prices I've seen. AAA's adult 4 day hopper in MO is $202 BUT no plus option - which includes waterparks, and no shipping if you walk in. At HWSC a Adult 4 day PLUS is $205.14, s/h is free and that includes taxes AND it includes the plus option.

But if your friend wants to know the BEST WAY , I suggest (if you have the time) buying them one at a time. Don't rush to get them all at once. That way she can get the ticket she really wants if budgeting is a concern.

I've found the best prices at Hotwire Savings Club. There is a montly fee of around $7.00, but you can sign up for a 30-day free trial, order your tickets, and then cancel your free membership.

I ordered five PHP's online and got them at home three days later. No s+h.

Good luck.

Hey ! DJM99 !

Our countdown clocks look almost identical. Another brave soul like me ready to battle the rain, crowds, and heat of August !

Where else would anyone want to be ? :D

Originally posted by flybaby
I just bought 5 day Hoppers (no plus options) from AAA for $225 for adults. Hope this helps.
I just bought 9 of these same tickets at AAA in North Carolina for $220 each. That included taxes. I couldn't find a better deal anywhere.

Greg

Hey, ibleedblue! I live in Clayton, too, but I bleed red - Go Pack! Actually, I live kinda in between Clayton, Smithfield and Benson, but my mailing adress is Clayton. :hyper: You will be heading down about 2 weeks after I get back! I am going down 5/22 - 29.

To the OP, I bought my last tickets from Ticketmania. If you sign up for the Mousesavers newsletter, you can get them for a discount on TM's regular prices, which are pretty good to begin with. They're not the cheapest, but shipping is free.

I don't think there's any place you can get tickets for a "great" discount. Most of the discount places are selling them for approximately the same prices as each other. AAA is $1 cheaper than buying them in advance from Disney!!! But overall, you will save some money buying in advance rather than waiting til you get to wdw, regardless of what discount ticketer you use or if you use Disney.

2 tips:

--if you are looking for a 3 day plus hopper, call Alamo rent-a-car's 1-800 number... it'll save you money when compared to buying a 4 day hopper (most discount ticketers sell 4 day hoppers as their lowest amt of days; the 3 day is very hard to find)

--don't be fooled by the price quotes at the disney website! They are listing prices without taxes!! For example, a 4 day hopper is listed at $192 but once you add it to your shopping cart, they add about $12 tax!

In looking at the different ways to buy the tickets, AAA doesn't seem to be the cheapest. A 4 day Park Hopper (no extras) is $211 - it is $192 on Disneyworld.com. I will look into Hotwire, though!

Sports tickets...

I am going on the kids stay free deal so I had to buy UPH's from Disney, but we are going again in the fall so I have been reading the ticket price threads. A few people have posted that they were able to buy tickets through the WDW sports box office (or something like that). They are only valid the week before and after the sporting event they are linked too, so your dates have to work... I didn't keep the link or any details about this in my notes, sorry, but I thought if I pointed you in the right direction it might help...they were the best prices I have seen yet.

Originally posted by Focusdude
In looking at the different ways to buy the tickets, AAA doesn't seem to be the cheapest. A 4 day Park Hopper (no extras) is $211 - it is $192 on Disneyworld.com. I will look into Hotwire, though!
The different regional AAA offices have different prices. In the Carolinas, the 4 day is only $199. Keep in mind too that the prices show on disneyworld.com do not include Florida tax. The price at AAA does. I think the tax rate in Florida is 7%, which would add $13.44 to the ticket.

A few people have posted that they were able to buy tickets through the WDW sports box office (or something like that). They are only valid the week before and after the sporting event they are linked too, so your dates have to work...
I think this thread is the one you are referring to.

Hey Chase121698 and Straitlover...small world, huh?!? :cool2: I'm about half way between the 40/42 area and the Clayton city limits on 42.

Greg

ibleedblue, Chase121698,& straitlover...I was reading this to plan for my trip. I am just 15 minutes away from Clayton. What a small world :D.

Hey, all you Clayton people! I live off Cleveland School Rd near the old school!

Does anyone ahve the phone # that was on the Alamo site? I want to check on a 3 day ticket in case I don't go w/ the Mousesavers discount on Ticketmania.

Originally posted by Focusdude

Taxes. Disney.com doesn't include them until you checkout. With tax, the 4-day PHs are $204.48. And if you want them mailed to you instead of picking them up at willcall, it will cost another $3 per order.

Still, the advance purchase price of PHs at Disney.com or the Disney Store will be less than just about anywhere else.

However, if you want PHPs, then any of the ticket brokers will beat Disney.com's prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter