Best/ cheapest food options

coaches24

DIS Veteran
I know nothing (food wise) in DL is cheap, but as far as Dl food prices go, what are the cheapest/ good places to eat in DL for lunch and dinner?

My new favorite cheap DL food is the BBQ baked potato at Troubador Tavern. It's a huge baked potato with BBQ chicken so i feel like i'm getting a full meal (chicken and potoato) and it's around $6 or $7. We also split meals when we can. We like the carved turkey sandwiches at Riverbelle Terrace. They are kind of pricey - $13 - but we split one and it's plenty for us since it comes with a choice of side, beans and a pickle spear. We've found that it's cheaper to split a meal and then each get our own snack later (if we need it) than to get 2 full meals. We've also split the chicken fuscilli at Pizza Port and added a salad or breaksticks to go along with it. And of course, we always order tap water to save more money. If you want a cheap but good sit-down restaurant, Carnation Cafe is great.

Here's a link to allears.net where you can see menus and prices: http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm#dl

I made a layout for the cheapest places to eat in DL and DCA...I just emailed it to my boss a few months ago since he is going on a first timer trip this month. Let me have him email me it back so I can copy it and I'll post it later :)

I made a layout for the cheapest places to eat in DL and DCA...I just emailed it to my boss a few months ago since he is going on a first timer trip this month. Let me have him email me it back so I can copy it and I'll post it later :)

Wow that would be awsome. Thanks

My new favorite cheap DL food is the BBQ baked potato at Troubador Tavern. It's a huge baked potato with BBQ chicken so i feel like i'm getting a full meal (chicken and potoato) and it's around $6 or $7. We also split meals when we can. We like the carved turkey sandwiches at Riverbelle Terrace. They are kind of pricey - $13 - but we split one and it's plenty for us since it comes with a choice of side, beans and a pickle spear. We've found that it's cheaper to split a meal and then each get our own snack later (if we need it) than to get 2 full meals. We've also split the chicken fuscilli at Pizza Port and added a salad or breaksticks to go along with it. And of course, we always order tap water to save more money. If you want a cheap but good sit-down restaurant, Carnation Cafe is great.

Thanks, and that potatoe does sound good. I havent been to DL since their 50th anniversary (I was there unknowingly on the actual day of the 5oth anniversary with my then Fiance, now wife). I must not have found the place with the potatoes back then.

Thanks, and that potatoe does sound good. I havent been to DL since their 50th anniversary (I was there unknowingly on the actual day of the 5oth anniversary with my then Fiance, now wife). I must not have found the place with the potatoes back then.

That's okay, I didn't find it when I was there a year ago!
It's located near a spot I was avoiding like the plauge....
The Princess Fantasy Fair! :scared1: If my dd had known about the
PFF, I would have had to stand in line for far too long. :rolleyes1

But I will be getting my potato on our next trip, I'll just have to be
sneaky and send dd off with Grandma for a little while. ;)

We split the fried chicken plate at the Plaza Inn. I think it runs around $13 and comes with green beans, mashed potatoes and a biscuit.

The baked potatoes have only been around since last year, so you didn't miss them :)

PERFECT!! Even though I have been there so many times, Im also OCD and plan out EVERYTHING. lol

I think Rancho gives you alot for your money. I typically easily share, as they give you 4 cheese enchiladas, just as an example.

I love Pizza Port's Chicken Fucilli pasta as well. Large and very filling. They have entree salads which are excellent, too. My fav is the oriental chix salad.

If you can stand the lines, the corn dog cart is good and cheap.

One of my favorite places to go is the Jazz Kitchen Express. Huge bowl of gumbo over rice is very filling.

And, I know this is going to sound weird, but I really enjoy going over to Taste Pilot's and getting the kids slider meal and a shake. It comes with two sliders and is just the right amount for me.

My friend swears by White Water Snacks at GCA, but I haven't been all that impressed.

Boss said he has it in his email and will email it back to me sometime today :) I posted it somewhere here on the boards but it's since been lost in the flood of posts lol. His is updated anyway withour all the closed places and with the new places.

Boss said he has it in his email and will email it back to me sometime today :) I posted it somewhere here on the boards but it's since been lost in the flood of posts lol. His is updated anyway withour all the closed places and with the new places.

Did your boss remember to email that back to you?

We like the Pacific Wharf Cafe. You can get soup or entree salad in a bread bowl. Just ask for them not to combine them. You can easily split the portions at the table.

Here's a link to allears.net where you can see menus and prices: http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm#dl
I really want to try the potato! The place was closed our last visit.
I like to get the Riverbelle Terrace kid's carver sandwich..reasonable price and plenty filling. Also, Bengal BBQ chicken skewer and a tiger tail. Also always get tap water and refill our plastic water bottle at the filling places. Love the corn dog and love the ribs at Taste Pilots

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter