Best character meal with kids?

mrsincredible3

Mouseketeer
I realize this is subjective, but which has been your favorite character meal with kids? Our boys will be 8 and 3 when we visit and we'd like to do 1 or 2 character meals. We've done some at Disney World and really enjoyed them (crystal palace, Ohana, tusker house, garden grill at Epcot, cinderellas castle), they were all great - the characters, setting and the food! Which ones have the best food at Disneyland? My little one loves Mickey and the gang, my older one likes stitch and any villains. We are staying at the grand California so I'd like to storytellers for convenience, but if the food is not good I would pick something else. Is goofys kitchen dinner any good? The food sounds just okay and I can't find a detailed list of the menu anywhere. Dh and I really enjoy good food (never did chef mickeys at wdw because I'd heard the food was just okay). Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

We have been to Storytellers and Minnie's. The food is a step up at Storytellers from Minnie's according to most people. It is pretty good. They had the Mickey waffles and fresh fruits, omelets made to order, there was also some kind of salmon and a few other less common items. Minnie's has a lot of pastries, plus the waffles and omelets. You'll probably only see 4 characters at Storytellers. You might see five at Goofy's. You'd likely see closer to 8-10 at Minnie's. Goofy's is the only one that has lunch and dinner, and many people think the food is very good. There is a princess meal at DCA (may also be lunch?), but it is not a buffet and you'll only see princesses.

There aren't a lot of character meals at DLR and most all are breakfast.
  • Plaza Inn (breakfast) - Minnie and friends
  • Ariel's Grotto (breakfast and lunch) - Princesses
  • Storytellers (breakfast) - Chip, Dale, and other woodland friends (usually Meeko, Koda, and Kenai)
  • Goofy's Kitchen (all meals) - Goofy and friends
  • PCH Grill (breakfast) - Mickey and friends.
My little one loves Mickey and the gang, my older one likes stitch and any villains.
Based on this, I would probably opt for Surf's Up at PCH Grill. I had breakfast there in November and we saw Mickey (photo op at the entrance), Daisy, Pluto, and Minnie, along with Stitch. This is the only meal with Mickey and Stitch. Mickey is pretty easy to find in the parks, but Stitch is harder.

We love Minnie's! We think the food is good. Made to order omelettes, bacon, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, fruit, waffles, pastries, etc...

We usually see about 10 characters when we are there. We've done them all and this is the one we find the most value in as far as characters and interactions go. The food is pretty similar at all of them, except Goofy's for dinner of course!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter