Best Character Meal (Breakfast)

canadianmom2boys

Earning My Ears
We have decided that we would like to take the boys to a character meal (if we can get reservations lol) but we are having trouble deciding which one to go to. We are leaning towards Chef Mickey's as of right now. Just wondering what other people's experiences have been and what everyone else recommends based on their experiences.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :flower3:

Thanks in advance!

We've been to several and I have to say that my favorite breakfast character meal was The Tusker House in Animal Kingdom. Favorite characters & great food! I've only done Chef Mickey's for dinner, but we really enjoyed it. Can't see why breakfast wouldn't be just as good!

I think it depends on which characters your kids would like to see more. For me I really enjoyed Chef Mickey's because it had Mickey, Minnie and the rest of the Fab Five. My DGF enjoyed Crystal Palace more because she's more a fan of Eeyore and the Winnie the Pooh characters. As for food I think we felt we they were both pretty even, maybe CP had a better fruit selection. We had a great experience at both breakfasts and can't wait to go back.

Best food - 1900 Park Fare

If you have favorite characters your family wants to see though go with something that has those characters.

we are also big fans of Tuskar House, have been going for years and have always enjoyed the food, the walk through AK to get there and the characters...whereever you go, have fun!!!

We are also a big fan of Tusker House. DS actually requested the breakfast for coming trip. The food was good and character interaction was also good. Only negative thing about the restaurant was that it was really loud.

With 53 some-odd days to go, your choices may be slim. A lot depends on the characters you want to see since, for the most part, the food is pretty standard at all the character meals (except for a few dishes here and there). The least chaotic of the bunch is the Cape May breakfast (at the Beach Club)with Minnie, Donald and Goofy dressed int heir beachwear. My personal favorite is the Supercalafr.... Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian)with Mary Poppins, Alice, Madhatter, Pooh and Tigger or Donald's Breakfast Safari at TH in AK with Donald (greets guests outside), Mickey, Daisy and Goofy roam the tables in their safari outfits. My girlfriends favorite is Chef Mickey's. Also not that characters are subject to change, particularly with the face characters, so just because it is common for a character to be at a meal it doesn't mean they will absolutely be at your meal.

My guess at this point is that you should have a decent chance getting either the Cape May breakfast or 1900 PF breakfast and an outside chance at the other character breakfast options. I think you are going durring free dining which could hurt your chances. If you happen to get shut out, just keep trying, people are always canceling ADR's. :thumbsup2

Tusker House was great, and 1900 Park Fare was good too. We LOVED the Mad Hatter at 1900 Park Fare...very funny! Some may find him annoying though. I agree with a previous poster...go where there is characters you would really like to see. At 1900 Park Fare there was Mary Poppins, Alice, the Mad Hatter, and one or two more characters that I don't remember.

We prefer the Tusker House Breakfast over Chef Mickey's too. Chef Mickey's is very busy, loud, and the characters are rushed from table to table. Tusker House is a much more relaxed atmosphere. The characters spend a few minutes at your table and then they come around again. The food is much much better than Chef Mickey's.

I can't give a comparison on the others, but we just attended Tusker House and it was phenominal!

searching for what is available. You can search for just character meals. You will likely have a better chance for a later breakfast - especially in the time you are going.

I like Crystal Palace and Tusker House. We do Chef Mickey's every trip (a late going away breakfast). I had been a little disappointed before but really enjoyed it this time. Maybe I knew which items I liked and just stuck to those. A couple that I haven't been to but get good reviews are Cape May and 1900 Park Fare.

Good luck.

My favorite is Crystal Palace, we go back there almost every trip for breakfast !

they have allll my favorite breakfast food:)

Crystal Palace is our favorite. We did Chef Mickey's about a year and a half ago and no on in our family cared for it. The food at CP was much better and I thought they also had more variety.

Our favorites are Ohana and Tusker House. Chef Mickey's is last on our list....actually, its on our "do not return" list.

Congrats! We've never eaten at TH but from all the great reviews I see for it we might have to add a breakfast there on our next trip. :thumbsup2

Good choice! :thumbsup2 We eat at Tusker House every trip. We were there a couple of weeks ago and it was great as usual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter